Opinions on Warren Co. this year?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Lincoln Co and Cookeville, Warren Co has as good of a chance as any of the the other teams to make the playoffs. Key will be to stop the run.

Finally someone replies......lol. i think the run wont be a probleem for WC......we scrimmaged lebanon this spring and im not sure if you're aware of who runs the ball for them......Carlos Gaines....a very skilled 5'6" running back that squats 500 and runs a 4.5 forty. If i had to guess i would say that we held him to under 50 yards rushing....if even that. They had a few touchdown passes but none rushing.

I saw on another thread where someone said DeKalb Co. would beat Warren Co. to start the year. If that happens then there's no way WC gets to the playoffs.

Well since when can you take dekalb co's word for anything......they said they were gonna run all over us last year......and what was the score....o yeah it was 50-6 Wc wins.........im not bragging about the score but the 2nd string was scoring at will on their 1st string defense. We even gave some of our freshmen playing time in that game last year.Now given the advantage that DC is at their house when we play them this year, there is NO way that they will be overlooked as a W to start the year. Warren Co. will be well prepared for every game this year.

I don't agree with that.

why not agree.....sure cookeville lost seniors.....but they are well coached and will still be good .....LC is going to be much better from what i hear..... FranklinCO. has a new coach and i expect them to be more competetive..... and COffee Co. will have a better season too from what i hear. and by the way i only meant that the competetion within the region would be better ....i believe that the #1 and #2 spots are not gimme's this year ,but every team in the region will be competing for those spots.....except for Cumberland Co., given the fact that they have been dropped to 4A

With Warren Co. you are going to have to look at three things on how they are going to do. They lost Josh Paz QB, Jevon Ramsey RB, and Jacob Bratcher DB and Special teams. That was the majority of the offense last year and there are going to have to be some kids step up and show that they can take over.

DeKalb Co. 's football couldn't beat Warren Co.'s 6 grade team

They were honest to the worst team i have every seen

Wc is going to a great d great kicker and a ok offense

Sounds like you guys at least have some confidence if nothing else. Good luck this year, but dont overlook White Co. Overall we are a much better team and dont be toooo impressed with your scrimmage against Lebanon remember it was basically :) practice nothing else.