TOP recievers to look out for in 06

Just picked up the Knoxville area high school kick-off 2006 from Food City today. It named its best top four receivers in the KIL. No surprises on the first two but we have two district 3-4A Juniors at #3 & #4. :thumb:

1 Anthony Anderson Sr. Austin East

2 Harrison Smith Sr. Catholic

3 Ken Easterly Jr. West

4 Daniel Dayton Jr. Halls

It had a little write up on Easterly being something special for West this year in the preview section.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And YES, i still don't think Smyrna's DB's are very good. As a matter of fact, I think thats their weakest spot on the field. Hendricks may be the best CB in the region. But the others are just medicore.

let me tell ya somethin,NONE of us are mediocre dog. and we dont have to try to get in your head cuz youre already scared. just remember to keep your head up and your eyes wide open on aug. 18.

Edited by shsfbplayer07

let me tell ya somethin,NONE of us are mediocre dog. and we dont have to try to get in your head cuz youre already scared. just remember to keep your head up and your eyes wide open on aug. 18.

haha, did u make a name just to post that on here? smyrna is funny haha...i aint on coacht to talk smack, just speaking my mind....so to end this right now i will say(if i didnt say it clear enough)..

I THINK smyrna's weakest spot on the field is the defensive backs. Antoine Hendricks is a baaaad boy and I'm almost positive that he will be guarding gray, and Gray has been preparing for that matchup ever since last season ended, he watches more film on Hendricks then you could even IMAGINE! But I do NOT think the other DB's on the field for Smyrna is nothing to worry about. Not once have I said I am going to run through Smyrna(like last year). Not ONCE! I have the upmost respect for Smyrna, but all in all, I HATE smyrna. I'm suppose to, I go to LaVergne. Deal with it. Don't worry about what I do. That's kind of pathetic you went out of your way and got a coacht name to post that cus that just makes me want to work even harder since I'm "scared" and all. The 18th is almost here. You can talk to me in person "dawg". I don't talk smack on the computer, I just speak my opinion. You can talk to me on the 18th.

Halls for once has a playmaker at wideout. :)

Daniel Dayton and he is only a junior.

definitely...i saw him make a sick one-handed catch for a touchdown v. central last year. REBELRON ur right about clendenen he made an incredible INT return in the jamboree for webb two years ago as a freshman. plus the first time he touched the ball in a varsity game he took the opening kickoff for a TD against powell. both to watch out for in 2006 and 2007

Not only does JPII have Golden Tate at receiver, but a kid by the name of Josh Lovett. He was the anchor leg for the 4x200 that won the State this year. Some say he is faster than Golden.He is getting recruited by South Carolina along with other DI schools..

Pleeease! Josh is fast but he lacks the talent of Golden Tate. I would be very surprised if he was getting any serious looks from Steve Spurrier or any other DI school. I know that Golden is being heavily recruited by the Old Coach (just as everyone is heavily recruiting him), but Josh just doesn't have the talent to compete at DI level. Though he showed flashes of brilliance with a couple of catches last year he would be better off in DI-AA. :lol:

haha, did u make a name just to post that on here? smyrna is funny haha...i aint on coacht to talk smack, just speaking my mind....so to end this right now i will say(if i didnt say it clear enough)..

I THINK smyrna's weakest spot on the field is the defensive backs. Antoine Hendricks is a baaaad boy and I'm almost positive that he will be guarding gray, and Gray has been preparing for that matchup ever since last season ended, he watches more film on Hendricks then you could even IMAGINE! But I do NOT think the other DB's on the field for Smyrna is nothing to worry about. Not once have I said I am going to run through Smyrna(like last year). Not ONCE! I have the upmost respect for Smyrna, but all in all, I HATE smyrna. I'm suppose to, I go to LaVergne. Deal with it. Don't worry about what I do. That's kind of pathetic you went out of your way and got a coacht name to post that cus that just makes me want to work even harder since I'm "scared" and all. The 18th is almost here. You can talk to me in person "dawg". I don't talk smack on the computer, I just speak my opinion. You can talk to me on the 18th.

i didnt make a name just to post for this. im just tired of everybody runnin their mouths about how bad our secondary is. and believe me i hate lavergne way more than you could ever imagine. and i aint talkin "smack" eiher...just stating my opinion. i know its gonna be a knock-down-drag-out week 0, it alway is. but just like every other year we are gonna come out on top.

Yeh he should have a breeze, huh? :thumb: ...I can't help the fact that you think that I got the "big-head" or something. I don't know what it is. I don't know why Smyrna likes to TRY to get in my head lol. Its funny sometimes. But just to let you know, our WR's are bigger, stronger, faster, and better than last year so if him getting double-teamed to get the other WR's open makes the team better then by means double-team him ALL day because there isn't ANY individuals on the team and the other WR's WILL catch the ball. Whoever might have told you that LaVergne has one good WR then guess again. Unless you see for yourself, which you might have i dont know, then don't automatically think that LaVergne is lacking at the WR spot. There is only 1 WR that started last year is starting this year. One WR starting this year was about a 4th stringer last year that has made the biggest improvement out of a WR i've ever seen. The other is a transfer from Overton that was the #2 WR behind the alabama state committed Walt Horton, and the other one was moved from defensive back. All 6'0 or taller... not a racial comment but all of them have the same light-skin tone so it might be hard to keep up with them, they look like quadriplets out there lol. And YES, i still don't think Smyrna's DB's are very good. As a matter of fact, I think thats their weakest spot on the field. Hendricks may be the best CB in the region. But the others are just medicore.

No one told me I have seen Lavergen play many times and that is my opinion

I have seen Gray play many times on film and in person. He is good

The coaches from Smyrna have seen him to so I imagine they will make all these improved and new receivers see what they can do. As I said it doesn't take much to take one receiver out of the game coverage wise.

I stand by what I said Smyrna is loaded with wide receivers with 3 of the top 5 in the region in 05 returning including the top 2. Smyrna returns 6 receivers that caught touchdown passes in 05 so I would say there is no question on whose receivers will be the least likely to be double teamed.

Smyrna 5 wide

wilkes

youree

croach

will martin

antoine hendricks

you also have jessie torres who right now looks about as good as any receiver on the field

besides lavergne is a lock to win the game -------- next year!

and they will start saying it the moment this years game is over

Wow,

I can't wait for the battle of North Rutherford County in two weeks!! Chris Gray sounds like he's ready, and Smyrna sounds like they are going to be ready as well. I will agree that Smyrna's secondary is their weakest link. They gave up a lot of big passes in the Riverdale playoff game and both Melvin Williams and the tall kid from Wilson Central gave them the business too.

Certainly an area of improvement for the Bulldogs.

My question will continue to be is Shadowens going to feature Maceo more in the running game. Last yeat, Harris would get hot, and then he'd either be on the pine or the play calling would get pass happy. Now, if I had Sonny, Rod, Sam, and Crouch, I'd throw it a bunch too, but that just opens more lanes for Maceo in the run game.

Smyrna, if their heads are right, is a scary, scary team to play against. There are no weaknesses on offense.

Maceo was basically a rookie tb last yr.

he really came on as the season progressed.

He came form a program that did not emphasize weight training and the last year in the weight room have added a lot of strength and muscle to him.

I agree give him the ball a lot but ------ how are you not going to get it to

wilkes

hendricks - whose stats were virtually identical to maceos in 05

youree

I think you have to be careful in either direction, not getting to caught up in getting one player his touches or being to far the other way and going away from a hot player on a particular night

the good news is Smyrna has options on the ground and in the air.

dang i have missed alot..lol..i am not gonna get on here and fite with my boy from LHS..i have all respect for chris and all of lavergne..but to say yalls recivers are faster..i know of atleast 3 that run a 4.9- 5 flat consistant...and 2 of them playing alot..i dc about all the hype of the game..who hates who..its a rivalry bad blood id bound to happen..i am just excited about the oppertunity that is in front of us and LHS..being on tv gives exposer to others..and with the fans packed in..gives a whole new element to the atmosphere..GOOD LUCK..battle of Smyrna..bc u know lavergne high is in smyrna...lol..and its friday night lights in tn...NOTHING IS MORE SWEETER!!!!