Why was DII formed?

Antwan

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think TSSAA is tired of this fight and , like you said, no parent or student is gonna turn himself in ,so it's hard to prove. I believe they will keep those schools under closer scrutiny and the NEXT time they will have their day. I don't have a dog in this hunt so I don't know why I'm bothering with all of you. Suffice to say, given enough time, every dog has his day.

Uh, I never said no one would not turn themselves in. I firmly believe that over the last 30 years, that there would have been one - at least one - person "offended" by the notion of being contacted by a private that they would have turned them in. Why is it that not one person has done that? :lol:

Should I make an a** of myself and point out that you missed a word? No, I'm not in to that. I knew what you meant.

:lol: But you just did! :lol:

MBA is a fine school. I know several boys that graduated for there and they are fine boys. Almost all of the ones I know are athletes, but MBA does have one of the better ratios. How bout BA? Do you happen to know thier ratio? lol

OK, go to Trousdale Co. What ratio of boys are also althetes? What about South Pitt? I'm guessing pretty high.

That is the thing with private schools. Kids participate in extracurriculars because they are involved, getting lots out of the high school experience, and their parents are involved. If you picked the ratio of all kids (boys and girls) that participated in extracurriculars at privates that number would completely dwarf those of the publics because of the reasons above. Because (AGAIN), almost all kids attending privates pay full tuiton. Those that don't (underpriviledged as determined by a third party clearinghouse) pay a portion of tution. Why wouldn't they try to get the most out of the experience?

Edited by tnsddeveloper

Uh, I never said no one would not turn themselves in. I firmly believe that over the last 30 years, that there would have been one - at least one - person "offended" by the notion of being contacted by a private that they would have turned them in. Why is it that not one person has done that? :lol:

So, it's poor kids that get the benefit of finacial aid, and then you say you expect one of them to be offended and turn down the scholarship and tell on the school. Surely you don't really believe that! Also, I don't believe it is done blatantly like that. That would be very stupid on the part of the recruiters. I'm sure nothing is offered to a kid without interest and the grades to be at those schools. For obvious reasons, it would have to be done that way. Just like colleges. A lot of colleges break the rules but they do it in ways that would be very difficult to uncover.Now, don't tell me you think colleges don't break the rules or someone will come after you with a big net.lol That's a joke, by the way.

OK, go to Trousdale Co. What ratio of boys are also althetes? What about South Pitt? I'm guessing pretty high.

That is the thing with private schools. Kids participate in extracurriculars because they are involved, getting lots out of the high school experience, and their parents are involved. If you picked the ratio of all kids (boys and girls) that participated in extracurriculars at privates that number would completely dwarf those of the publics because of the reasons above. Because (AGAIN), almost all kids attending privates pay full tuiton. Those that don't (underpriviledged as determined by a third party clearinghouse) pay a portion of tution. Why wouldn't they try to get the most out of the experience?

another fact to add to that--at MBA and BA for sure (and probably others), there is no PE class as part of the regular curiculum. You HAVE to play after-school sports to get the state-required PE credit, and take a regular academic class in leiu of PE during the normal academic day. So this issue is moot. 100% of the kids at those schools are athletes who play after school sports by definition.

I will readily agree that these types of policies (and the things you mentioned above) are grounds for a multiplier, and part of the reason why private schools typically play "over their enrollment." A much higher fraction of kids typically play sports because the rules are set up that way. And this sort of acts as a de facto "screen" for kids who have only lukewarm interest in sports.

I agree that most of the kids at these schools are paying full tuition and it is a lot of money. I realize that these kids are usually involved as are their parents. Williamson county schools are somewhat similar in that respect. At least some of them are. But, we aren't talking about most kids. We aren't even talking about all of the football team. What we are talking about is the recruited players that are given a free or close to free ride to play football. THAT is the issue. As to making an a** of myself, I had a good role model. A master of it, I might add.

What we are talking about is the recruited players that are given a free or close to free ride to play football. THAT is the issue. As to making an a** of myself, I had a good role model. A master of it, I might add.

No one is getting a free or close to free ride. No one. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw BA pass out scholarships at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious. :lol::lol::lol:

I agree that most of the kids at these schools are paying full tuition and it is a lot of money. I realize that these kids are usually involved as are their parents. Williamson county schools are somewhat similar in that respect. At least some of them are. But, we aren't talking about most kids. We aren't even talking about all of the football team. What we are talking about is the recruited players that are given a free or close to free ride to play football. THAT is the issue. As to making an a** of myself, I had a good role model. A master of it, I might add.

I believe (I could be mistaken) the most that they are allowed to receive is 60% (i'm not totally sure if this the exact amount, wesvols or itzme help me out) so it's not even really close to a free ride when you have to pay the other 40% of 15000 or so dollars.

No one is getting a free or close to free ride. No one. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw BA pass out scholarships at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious. :lol::lol::lol:

And just how could YOU possibly know this. I'd love to hear this one! Oh I know, it's

your best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw BA's ledger book and she let you look at it right? Give me a break!

I believe (I could be mistaken) the most that they are allowed to receive is 60% (i'm not totally sure if this the exact amount, wesvols or itzme help me out) so it's not even really close to a free ride when you have to pay the other 40% of 15000 or so dollars.

There are ways around that too, but even at 40% what a great deal. I do know that a kid that went away to Culver academy paid $5000 of a $25000 dollar tuition. What a great deal. Played two sports.Before you call me a liar his dad told me that, so I guess he's a liar too.

And just how could YOU possibly know this. I'd love to hear this one! Oh I know, it's

your best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw BA's ledger book and she let you look at it right? Give me a break!

Let's see.

1 - Because the TSSAA has oversite of that and does audit. They also investigate when VALID allegations are brought up.

2 - Not to mention, BA is a private Christian school ... that I seriously doubt they would blatantly lie about that.

3 - Awarding of financial aide is determined by a third party organization.

Do you need more? :D