Why was DII formed?

Antwan

First - you've tossed zero truth. You've tossed innuendo and rumor with zero proof. For that matter, others have tossed out publics doing the same things you claim the privates are doing. Did you offer an answer or response to those? :unsure:

Second - it won't matter too much longer. The Supreme Court rarely hears different positions from the same series of lawsuits twice. That means that BA will win. Even if it goes before the SC again ... they will most likely win. :thumb:

It reminds me of something VolGeneral once said: isn't it amazing, that in all this history of all this rampant recruiting, that not once has someone who was "recruited" or "offered a scholarship" ever been so offended by the idea of such blatant cheating that they not only refused the offer, but chose to do something about it? It certainly seems logical that at some point, some one over 3+ decades would have had a bad reaction to this recruiting and turned the violating school in...

I guess until that day we are stuck with "my son's friend said he was recruited and if you don't believe that you are ignorant" until some actual proof materializes.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First - you've tossed zero truth. You've tossed innuendo and rumor with zero proof. For that matter, others have tossed out publics doing the same things you claim the privates are doing. Did you offer an answer or response to those? :unsure:

Second - it won't matter too much longer. The Supreme Court rarely hears different positions from the same series of lawsuits twice. That means that BA will win. Even if it goes before the SC again ... they will most likely win. :thumb:

First- Public school is free, how can they offer scholarships?, so your argument is just dumb.

Second -just because you win in court doesn't mean you are right or not guilty, it just means that you have more money to fight. We've all seen cases of that. I'm sure that will give real pleasure to a lot of people that like to win at any cost. I just hope it's worth it to all of you. If your conscience is clean, more power to you. But what goes around comes around and I believe it will come around, and you will remember.

It reminds me of something VolGeneral once said: isn't it amazing, that in all this history of all this rampant recruiting, that not once has someone who was "recruited" or "offered a scholarship" ever been so offended by the idea of such blatant cheating that they not only refused the offer, but chose to do something about it? It certainly seems logical that at some point, some one over 3+ decades would have had a bad reaction to this recruiting and turned the violating school in...

I guess until that day we are stuck with "my son's friend said he was recruited and if you don't believe that you are ignorant" until some actual proof materializes.

Lets get real here, nobody is gonna be offended if these schools want them enough to let them play for free. These schools are all fine schools and these athletes have to have good grades along with their athletic ability to even be considered. Anyone would consider that an honor and would not be offended. So, of course there isn't gonna be anyone to turn it down or tell about it. That's ridicoulous.

Lets get real here, nobody is gonna be offended if these schools want them enough to let them play for free. These schools are all fine schools and these athletes have to have good grades along with their athletic ability to even be considered. Anyone would consider that an honor and would not be offended. So, of course there isn't gonna be anyone to turn it down or tell about it. That's ridicoulous.

do you understand how financial aid works? You don't seem to. Financial aid is awarded by an independent body on the basis of a family's ability to pay the tuition. No other factors are considered. So the group of people that offend you so much are basically the poorer people unable to pay the full tuition.

Like I said it's just good fortune for us that among all the hundreds and hundreds of kids we've recruited over the years, we never recruited the kid of someone as ideological as you. Based on the traffic from these boards, there seem to be an awful lot of you.

First- Public school is free, how can they offer scholarships?, so your argument is just dumb.

Uh, wrong. All public school students are on scholarship. Free rides all around! :lol:

Second -just because you win in court doesn't mean you are right or not guilty, it just means that you have more money to fight. We've all seen cases of that. I'm sure that will give real pleasure to a lot of people that like to win at any cost. I just hope it's worth it to all of you. If your conscience is clean, more power to you. But what goes around comes around and I believe it will come around, and you will remember.

So you are saying that TSSAA's millions of dollars in legal fees are somehow inferior to BA's millions in legal fees? And yes, what goes around comes around. The D2 privates will be coming back around after being wronged 10 or so years ago. :lol:

Uh, wrong. All public school students are on scholarship. Free rides all around! :lol:

So you are saying that TSSAA's millions of dollars in legal fees are somehow inferior to BA's millions in legal fees? And yes, what goes around comes around. The D2 privates will be coming back around after being wronged 10 or so years ago. :lol:

And where does TSSAA money come from?

I'm saying that they don't believe it is worth it, but they will be smarter nest time

Nobody has cared about recruiting in those 10 years, but you can bet your ######, if that happens it will come around and I don't think most of you will like it. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

do you understand how financial aid works? You don't seem to. Financial aid is awarded by an independent body on the basis of a family's ability to pay the tuition. No other factors are considered. So the group of people that offend you so much are basically the poorer people unable to pay the full tuition.

Like I said it's just good fortune for us that among all the hundreds and hundreds of kids we've recruited over the years, we never recruited the kid of someone as ideological as you. Based on the traffic from these boards, there seem to be an awful lot of you.

That is good for those kids and it is nice that they get it. It's a real shame that they don't give the same "help" to kids that don't play sports, at least not in the same way. Look at the ratio of male students to athetes in these schools. It is appalling.

And where does TSSAA money come from?

I'm saying that they don't believe it is worth it, but they will be smarter nest time

Are you from Smith County? Are you a night chicken? "Nest time".

Sorry, couldn't resist! :lol: TSSAA money comes from ALL TSSAA member schools including BA. As for believing whether or not it is "worth it", do you really believe the TSSAA would have continued to run a million $+ bill up in fees if they didn't feel it was worth the fight? Dude, please sit down and listen to what you are saying before blurting things out.

Nobody has cared about recruiting in those 10 years, but you can bet your ######, if that happens it will come around and I don't think most of you will like it. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

I believe there will be some of your brevren angry with that comment. There have been tons of folks like you tossing innuendo and rumor about their dislikes of privates and "recruiting". When asked to make those claims public or pass them on to the TSSAA, they all hide behind a screen name and an excuse. :lol:

That is good for those kids and it is nice that they get it. It's a real shame that they don't give the same "help" to kids that don't play sports, at least not in the same way. Look at the ratio of male students to athetes in these schools. It is appalling.

I suggest you call MBA and take the prospective student tour. You will see TONS of young men that are there for much more athletics. :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist! :lol: TSSAA money comes from ALL TSSAA member schools including BA. As for believing whether or not it is "worth it", do you really believe the TSSAA would have continued to run a million $+ bill up in fees if they didn't feel it was worth the fight? Dude, please sit down and listen to what you are saying before blurting things out.

I believe there will be some of your brevren angry with that comment. There have been tons of folks like you tossing innuendo and rumor about their dislikes of privates and "recruiting". When asked to make those claims public or pass them on to the TSSAA, they all hide behind a screen name and an excuse. :lol:

Brevren? What has the world come to? We say bretheren in Mount Juliet.

Ok, so I mispelled a word, and you jump on it and try and insult me. Nice. I guess that is to be expected. Do you really believe, honestly that there is no recruiting going on? Like I said before, if you really believe it is all on the up and up, good for you. Sleep well at night. I think TSSAA is tired of this fight and , like you said, no parent or student is gonna turn himself in ,so it's hard to prove. I believe they will keep those schools under closer scrutiny and the NEXT time they will have their day. I don't have a dog in this hunt so I don't know why I'm bothering with all of you. Suffice to say, given enough time, every dog has his day.

I suggest you call MBA and take the prospective student tour. You will see TONS of young men that are there for much more athletics. :lol:

Should I make an a** of myself and point out that you missed a word? No, I'm not in to that. I knew what you meant. MBA is a fine school. I know several boys that graduated for there and they are fine boys. Almost all of the ones I know are athletes, but MBA does have one of the better ratios. How bout BA? Do you happen to know thier ratio? lol