Why was DII formed?

Antwan

Let's see.

1 - Because the TSSAA has oversite of that and does audit. They also investigate when VALID allegations are brought up.

2 - Not to mention, BA is a private Christian school ... that I seriously doubt they would blatantly lie about that.

3 - Awarding of financial aide is determined by a third party organization.

Do you need more? :D

TSSAA gets what the Schools give them. What a joke. Ever heard of Enron?

I am a christian too, so that makes me incapable of lying as well, right. PLEASE!

As I stated earlier, no one is gonna report themselves.

How about this? If you really believe all of this drival you've been spouting, Why not make it a rule that ANY transfers have to sit out a year. Should be no problem if you're not recruiting. If you are really just helping out the poor kids then this should not be a problem whatsoever.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You claim to have "info". Turn it in. Right ... cause you have nothing.

I am a christian too, so that makes me incapable of lying as well, right. PLEASE!

As strange as it apparently sounds to you, many live the Word or as close to it as possible.

Funny you should bring this up. USJ actually did self report violations. It voided their wins in football from 2004 and completely VOIDED their 2005 1A Baseball Championship. How about that for self reporting violations due to tuition issues? Theirs wasn't even an attempt to really cheat, just a clerical error.

How about this? If you really believe all of this drival you've been spouting, Why not make it a rule that ANY transfers have to sit out a year. Should be no problem if you're not recruiting. If you are really just helping out the poor kids then this should not be a problem whatsoever.

Glad you brought this up too. The school that I graduated from (FCS) actually had MULTIPLE transfers sit out an entire year last year. Multiple. Sit out. One whole year.

Get your head out of the sand dude. Guys like you are a dime a dozen. You come around with zero posts to your name and act like those of us who've been discussing this for years don't have a clue. :D

Edited by tnsddeveloper

You claim to have "info". Turn it in. Right ... cause you have nothing.

As strange as it apparently sounds to you, many live the Word or as close to it as possible.

Funny you should bring this up. USJ actually did self report violations. It voided their wins in football from 2004 and completely VOIDED their 2005 1A Baseball Championship. How about that for self reporting violations due to tuition issues? Theirs wasn't even an attempt to really cheat, just a clerical error.

Glad you brought this up too. The school that I graduated from (FCS) actually had MULTIPLE transfers sit out an entire year last year. Multiple. Sit out. One whole year.

Get your head out of the sand dude. Guys like you are a dime a dozen. You come around with zero posts to your name and act like those of us who've been discussing this for years don't have a clue. :D

You are the one who is clueless, but your head is somewhere besides the sand.

You aren't worth the time it takes to write this, so this is my last answer to your lame excuse for posts. You try to bring in to question my Christianity, your "arguments" are full of insults, aparrantly it's the only way you can debate because you have nothing else. I'm sure some schools follow the rules. A lot don't. Believe it or not, I don't really care. As I said earlier, I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I will sit back and wait for the crap to hit the fan, and know this, I will be laughing when it does. The only thing I hate is that there will be players that will suffer for it and for them I will be sad. As for you DUDE, I could give a rip, you reap what you sew.

You are the one who is clueless, but your head is somewhere besides the sand.

You aren't worth the time it takes to write this, so this is my last answer to your lame excuse for posts. You try to bring in to question my Christianity, your "arguments" are full of insults, aparrantly it's the only way you can debate because you have nothing else. I'm sure some schools follow the rules. A lot don't. Believe it or not, I don't really care. As I said earlier, I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I will sit back and wait for the crap to hit the fan, and know this, I will be laughing when it does. The only thing I hate is that there will be players that will suffer for it and for them I will be sad. As for you DUDE, I could give a rip, you reap what you sew.

Uh, I completely rebutted every one of your statements from above. How is that having my head in the ... err, nether region? If you don't have an intelligent response to my rebuttals then you apparently don't have much. Maybe you should spend some time "investigating" Maryville, Riverdale, and Alcoa. You might turn up a whole lot more. :D

I believe they will keep those schools under closer scrutiny and the NEXT time they will have their day. I don't have a dog in this hunt so I don't know why I'm bothering with all of you. Suffice to say, given enough time, every dog has his day.

This is the first thing you have said that has been in the least accurate imho. I believe that if the DII privates get readmitted they will be under double scrutiny. I also believe that SOME recruiting does happen by both privates and publics. BUT...

1) Your assertion that all privates recruit is rediculous on its face because

2) You don't even know the names or locations of all the privates, therefore you can't possibly have any knowledge about their inside dealings and

3) Insulting people you don't know by accusing them of intentionally cheating is just downright rude and wrong and

4) I'm guessing your momma raised you better but in your assumption that all privates cheat and your indignant anger you have forgotten.

As for watching everyone closely, I'm all for that. If the TSSAA had enforced the rules harshly on the schools that were actually caught in violations (few though they were) and not tried to punish a whole group of schools we wouldn't be in this mess.

Btw: Most of the time when you make an assertion about a large group and use the word "all" you will be wrong. You could make it much more valid by saying "in my opinion" or "I think", but when you speak like you have the knowledge of God and a bunch of us know you are 180 degrees off track it just makes you look...well... "not good" :thumb:

I know of multiple schools that have reported themselves.

And most transfers (at least in State) do have to sit out a year...don't they?

There are ways around that too, but even at 40% what a great deal. I do know that a kid that went away to Culver academy paid $5000 of a $25000 dollar tuition. What a great deal. Played two sports.Before you call me a liar his dad told me that, so I guess he's a liar too.

1. I'm not calling you a liar, never have called you a liar.

2. Who and where is Culver? Are they even in Tennessee, if they are I've never heard of them, and how do they pertain to DII athletics in Tennessee - how are they relevant to this argument?

3. How are they ways around common sense? The TSSAA may not be the brightest crayon in the box but I DO believe that they know if there is a kid that couldn't afford to go to say BA, MBA, MUS, Baylor, etc. he get's the maximum allowed and all of a sudden he has the said 40% - or amount not covered by financial aid (amount of tuition varies per school). Remember that a third party determines if and how much people get. I think there might be a few red flags thrown up that Mr. Carter would probably check into. You don't think they already do this?

1. I'm not calling you a liar, never have called you a liar.

2. Who and where is Culver? Are they even in Tennessee, if they are I've never heard of them, and how do they pertain to DII athletics in Tennessee - how are they relevant to this argument?

3. How are they ways around common sense? The TSSAA may not be the brightest crayon in the box but I DO believe that they know if there is a kid that couldn't afford to go to say BA, MBA, MUS, Baylor, etc. he get's the maximum allowed and all of a sudden he has the said 40% - or amount not covered by financial aid (amount of tuition varies per school). Remember that a third party determines if and how much people get. I think there might be a few red flags thrown up that Mr. Carter would probably check into. You don't think they already do this?

The other thing that most people fail to realize is the mission of these schools - DII schools. Contrary to Hfan's belief, these schools don't exist to try and rack up state championships, dominate everyone, and screw public schools. The main reason these schools are in Division II is to give kids an opportunity to experience what they offer (each school offers different things, and all of them great things). Now, I'm not trying to bash public schools but bear with me. Say an athlete that were zoned for a public school in Nashville, say Whites Creek, Stratford, Pearl Cohn, Glencliff, even a school in Williamson Co, say Franklin, or Centennial, you pick which one. And they have another choice to attend say BA, MBA, Father Ryan, etc. Now this athlete is a great player at whatever, and he's an average student. Which one of those places is going to offer that person a greater chance for success on and off the field/court? Honestly, which one (for whatever reason - and of course the DII haters will come up with all sorts bad reasons why)? Which place are college coaches more likely to look at? Believe me, I'm not saying public schools stink or are failures, on the contrary I think they do a fantastic job with the resources they are given - which is a whole different can of worms, our public schools deserve more resources (i.e. $$$$). All that to say DII schools are trying to give opportunities to kids that might not otherwise have them - not to dominate and give public schools heck and tick people off.

"I think there might be a few red flags thrown up that Mr. Carter would probably check into. You don't think they already do this?"

actually, it seems there is no investigative branch of the tssaa. they arent monitoring anything, they arent seeking out violations... and they have said as much. they respond when things are reported, and that is it.

and you know where the vast majority of reported violations come from?

within the school being reported, by jealous parents.

ya'll invest far too much emotion on these periodic accusations of cheating. i dont think you see anyone credible, who has invested any effort into trying to understand the issues, that chalks it up to "cheating privates".

Edited by lazarus

I know of multiple schools that have reported themselves.

And most transfers (at least in State) do have to sit out a year...don't they?

I have brought this up before. Public-to-Private or Private-to-Private transfer - always sits out a year. Private-to-Public or Public-to-Public - open to interpretation with the TSSAA.

An example, Ravenwood has a starting DB who attended and played football at CPA last year.

Please tell me if I am wrong.