Why was DII formed?

Antwan

I have brought this up before. Public-to-Private or Private-to-Private transfer - always sits out a year. Private-to-Public or Public-to-Public - open to interpretation with the TSSAA.

An example, Ravenwood has a starting DB who attended and played football at CPA last year.

Please tell me if I am wrong.

You are absolutely correct there Bighurt. Distance from CPA to Ravenwood is about 12 miles.

Funny how TSSAA interpretation works isn't it?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are absolutely correct there Bighurt. Distance from CPA to Ravenwood is about 12 miles.

Funny how TSSAA interpretation works isn't it?

Actually, they can also claim a hardship situation financially in paying tuition at CPA and the TSSAA will make a decision on an individual basis. It happens a lot to those that can prove they were paying their own tuition and not on financial aid or "work study". That is how 90% of private to public transfers get approved.

Actually, they can also claim a hardship situation financially in paying tuition at CPA and the TSSAA will make a decision on an individual basis. It happens a lot to those that can prove they were paying their own tuition and not on financial aid or "work study". That is how 90% of private to public transfers get approved.

That is exactly my point! "the TSSAA will make a decision on an individual basis". Last year, a young man transferred from Lipscomb to Ravenwood and played immediately. I remember 2 or 3 years ago a young man transferred from BA to Hunter's Lane and played immediately.

Do you see a pattern? The legal term for this might be that it violates equal protection under the law. :thumb:

That is exactly my point! "the TSSAA will make a decision on an individual basis". Last year, a young man transferred from Lipscomb to Ravenwood and played immediately. I remember 2 or 3 years ago a young man transferred from BA to Hunter's Lane and played immediately.

Do you see a pattern? The legal term for this might be that it violates equal protection under the law. :P

When I was at McGavock in the late 90's we had a guy transfer in from BA due to financial problems and he was still ruled ineligible in spite of them. Sorry to ruin the conspiracy theory, but it does happen.

You do realize that this admission will get you ousted from the he-man public-school haters club? :(

Shhhh! Just keep it to yourself. Doh! It's on a message board forever now. :)

15 years ago? Man, you are getting old, unlike myself. :D

You don't have to remind me. For all you youngins out there ... realize that your body goes downhill fast. Someone could say that I'm a shell of my former self ... I think I could shell 5 of my former selves. :)

When I was at McGavock in the late 90's we had a guy transfer in from BA due to financial problems and he was still ruled ineligible in spite of them. Sorry to ruin the conspiracy theory, but it does happen.

I know of at least one other instance of a private to public transfer not being eligible. There are exceptions. However in general, the TSSAA will look more favorably on a private to public transfer than a public to private transfer. BTW, I know the transfer rules are different

I know of at least one other instance of a private to public transfer not being eligible. There are exceptions. However in general, the TSSAA will look more favorably on a private to public transfer than a public to private transfer. BTW, I know the transfer rules are different

Do we ever really know what the TSSAA rules are?