2A Top 10

Boobi

1) Alcoa (until someone takes their gold ball, they stay here!)

2) Goopasture (returning alot of starters, if had to guess probably around 15)

3) Huntington (Chris Donald, all there is to say, i hear they have a good Qb to)

4) Chatt Tyner (bringing back really good talent and there always a force in east tn)

5) Milan (don't know much but i hear they are returning alot and are good every year in west tn)

6) East Robertson (Tico Andrews is back, returning 7 on offence and 7 on defence)

7) Ezell Harding (lost their qb but have a good one to step up and Carl Gettis is back)

8) Westview (don't know that much but another tough team from the Huntington region)

9) Louden (same as Westview)

10) CPA (returning 17 starters, going to be a tough team to beat this year)

so for someone else to win they have to go steal there gold ball out the school ?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Pretty good Top-10...the "RAMS" scrimmage Ezell Harding at Warren County next month...should be good for both teams!!!

hey TynerRamFan, do you have any idea what time that scrimmage is with Warren Co. b/c our coach hasnt even told us what time it is at yet? Just wondering if you could clue me in now....but im sure i will find out sooner or later. Maybe yall will come down in the evening so we can play under the lights....our field is looking very nice and should be fun to play on.

I don't know that much about Tyner, but something tells me that while I'm sure they have a good program these days, they just aren't what they used to be. I saw them play Harriman in the state semifinals back in '97 and they were down right scary!!! They absolutely manhandled a good Harriman team and I think they had 3 or 4 D-1 players on that squad. But now that I think about it, could that school ever have a team that good again?

...To Answer Your Questions:

...In 1997 the "RAMS" were coming off of a 1996 State runner-up finish to Melrose in 3A...with the exception of 2000, each year Tyner made it to the 2nd or quarter-final round losing to either Goodpasture or Lipscomb...Tyner came close in 1999 losing to Goodpasture by 3 points...last year(2005): semi-finals...any team that wins a State is "SPECIAL"...and no two teams are ever the same...so to answer you question>>>'Yes', Tyner is capable of having a team to represent in the 'Boro'!!!

hey TynerRamFan, do you have any idea what time that scrimmage is with Warren Co. b/c our coach hasnt even told us what time it is at yet? Just wondering if you could clue me in now....but im sure i will find out sooner or later. Maybe yall will come down in the evening so we can play under the lights....our field is looking very nice and should be fun to play on.

...I think it will be the early evening (5 to 6 pm)...not sure yet but normally with Warren County being almost 2 hours away and school(in Hamilton County) starting that week, I'd say the starting time should be around 6pm(Eastern Time)

...I think it will be the early evening (5 to 6 pm)...not sure yet but normally with Warren County being almost 2 hours away and school(in Hamilton County) starting that week, I'd say the starting time should be around 6pm(Eastern Time)

Thanks TynerRamFan......just tryin to find out b4 everyone else on the team...lol it should be a great scrimmage :o

Alcoa- have to put them at #1 because they won it last year, but i do think they will be dethroned this year

Goodpasture- returning 9 on offense and 8 on defense from a state runner up team, can't argue with that

Milan- heard they have a few starters coming back, that team last year could have beaten hunington and are a very physical team they should be hard to beat

Tyner- This team ALWAYS has talent they are in the running every year

CPA- very under rated team last year returning a lot of starters, they have a great coaching staff, they will suprise some people

West View- don't know much about just know they give huntington a game every year

Huntington- Chris Donald

East Robertson- Sometimes a bad team gets some talent and can pound some teams, Tico(Vic) is their team and not a bad guy to rely on but not displine enough no go all the way

Ezell Harding- Carrol Gettis has to carry this team.... loosing Dallas Dixson hurts though

Lewis County- needed a filler

Alcoa- have to put them at #1 because they won it last year, but i do think they will be dethroned this year

Goodpasture- returning 9 on offense and 8 on defense from a state runner up team, can't argue with that

Milan- heard they have a few starters coming back, that team last year could have beaten hunington and are a very physical team they should be hard to beat

CPA- very under rated team last year returning a lot of starters, they have a great coaching staff, they will suprise some people

West View- don't know much about just know they give huntington a game every year

Huntington- Chris Donald

East Robertson- Sometimes a bad team gets some talent and can pound some teams, Tico(Vic) is their team and not a bad guy to rely on but not displine enough no go all the way

Ezell Harding- Carrol Gettis has to carry this team.... loosing Dallas Dixson hurts though

Carl Gettis no longer plays for Ezell-Harding. He lives in St.Louis,Missouri now, and wont be returning.

Huntington- Chris Donald

How can you not even mention anyone from 4-2A like Smith Co or Westmoreland I would be willing to bet they can beat Lewis Co and ER or if not beat them at least play with them and let them know they were in a game.