chief-win-em-all vandalized

cooner25

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a Riverdale supporter by any means, bu stuff like this really bothers me.

It is sad and pathetic that someone is so jealous of a program that since they can't beat a team they vandalize their statue. I can understand someone not liking Riverdale, or any school that always wins. But to resort to such a gutless act in bad.

I hope the person or persons that did this can be real proud of what they did. People invested money, time, and hard work to make something for a school to be proud of, going out and defacing (no pun intended) is not how a real person makes a statement.

Jusr remember if you have a rival you don't like, if you really want to get them, just BEAT THEM, don't act like a whimp and go out and vandalize their property.

I cannot understand any excuse that could possibly be thought up for doing something like this, my guess would be it basically comes down to immaturity and/or jealousy for whatever reason. I hope they catch the vandals and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law and then the judge can add some humiliation (especially if they are from another school) by making them "guard" the statue at ALL Riverdale home games after working as laborers for the crew that does the repairs on Chief-win-em-all.

GO WOLVERINES

I am not the most politically correct (pc) person, as a matter of fact I am very much the opposite --- however I would like to make a few points

1. The FSU Seminole coming onto the field is a beautiful thing and shows great pride and tradition and if I was a native american I think it would make me proud.

2. I even think Riverdale brining the spear onto the field and wanting to be identified as warriors is also an honorable thing and is done out of respect.

There are certainly some instances where using native american images etc are appropriate

but

"CHIEF - WIN -EM -ALL" ??

You have got to be kidding! I actually thought this was a joke when I first read it.

Even the Atlanta Braves located in what is known as the capitol of the south Atlanta which is certainly not a bastion of politically correctness either in its location or its fan base recognized that " CHIEF KNOCK A HOMMA" was maybe a little less than respectful.

SO

my only question is?

DID THEY ALSO VANDALIZE THE LAWN JOCKEYS??

surely they had some of them too

The Riverdale mascot has always been referred to as Chief win Em All for as long as I can remember.

First I will re-emphasize how sorry an individual would have to be to EVER do any kind of vandalizing at a school or anywhere for that matter. I never have understood the reasoning behind those kind of things. I understand the rage, frustration, and bitterness that the Riverdale fans and players feel b/c I have felt it myself when OHS was messed up too.

However, does this justify a large color picture and article on the front page of the Daily News Journal? I mean I think every school in Rutherford County has been hit and hit hard at some time or another but we never got a story in the paper, much less a pic of the damage.