3A TOP 10 (We want to know!)

I have to agree. With the right ingredients, Kirk Williams and crew can make what everyone expects to be a "down year" turn into an "outstanding year"...I think the boys in Green will find their niche' and come out amongst the top once again. For those naysayers, don't count us out just yet.

I learned my lesson last year :lol:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah..

20 - 10 GB ("snap!")

14-7 WH ("Revenge" as the WH website poll puts it...)

White House lost the next week. And Greenbrier took their third straight Region championship

Who won the head to head games in the first two years of your 3 straight championships?Answer White House, while we were contending in 4a you got your 3a titles but when you look at the head to head doesnt make your titles empty?You still did not beat White House.To be the best you have to beat them.Does 20+ years mean anything!!!! :rolleyes:

Who won the head to head games in the first two years of your 3 straight 'championships?Answer White House, while we were contending in 4a you got your 3a titles but when you look at the head to head doesnt make your titles empty?You still did not beat White House.To be the best you have to beat them.Does 20+ years mean anything!!!! :P

We at Greenbrier long ago accepted the fact that White House does not give the Cats much credit, cause ya'll don't think three straight titles mean anything. But ya'll must be a little worried about the Cats...it made 500+ people on your poll happy to come back and beat us the second time around. Kinda odd to be so happy about beating a team ya'll carry on so much about beating for "20+ years"... :thumb:

Anyway, it's a new season...Ricky came back and beat us and ya'll can carry on about the "years", but straight wins against us is no more. Time to start a new era...

Good luck on Week 10. It will all play out then. Until then we're all just assuming.

Where do ya'll display the one you brought home from Notre Dame? :thumb:

Are you kiiding me?Do you really think that a region trophy is more important than advancing to the next round? By the way we ran out of room in our trophy case we now have a wall of fame with pride and tradition {and more trophies than you could count}.Let us know when you win a few more, we might actually come over and build a small case for you.The streak is still alive.To be the best you have to beat us, last I checked we won the last meeting{on your field} and sent you home for the next week!!!!! :P

Are you kiiding me?Do you really think that a region trophy is more important than advancing to the next round? By the way we ran out of room in our trophy case we now have a wall of fame with pride and tradition {and more trophies than you could count}.Let us know when you win a few more, we might actually come over and build a small case for you.The streak is still alive.To be the best you have to beat us, last I checked we won the last meeting{on your field} and sent you home for the next week!!!!! :D

Hmm?? Let me weigh this one out...... Do I want to be the team that wins the final, televised, CSS game of the week to stop the streak, win the game that will give us the outright region title, win the game that will allow us to stay undefeated in the region, win the game that will allow us to stay at home for the opening game of the playoffs, win the game that will mean a bunch more $$$$ for our program because we're playing at home for the playoffs, win the game to take our 3rd straight title from two 4A teams that have just dropped a level to join our class and should have won the region easily,.................OR win the game that will allow me to travel across half the state to lose????? Gosh, I'll have to think about this one for a while..... :P If you would have taken the 2nd win and made something of it, yes, it would have been worth it but you didn't. OK.... you have the one game streak going. You all seem to base everything on this. You can have the one game winning streak and we'll take the region title streak..... :lol:

I'd rather win in the playoffs personally because I've always believed that regular season wins are for show but postseason wins are for dough. White House has owned Greenbrier over the years. White House has a state title in their trophy case (1997). Finally White House is THE TEAM that sent Greenbrier home (at their house which is a very tough place to win) and ended their campaign in 2005. Greenbrier is a terriffic program right now having won three straight region titles BUT when it comes to talking history let's just say WH has the edge in that discussion.

Anyone who denies that one needs to have his/her head(s) examined :lol:

Now with that said let's talk about 2006 and let the past be just that (THE PAST)!!!

Hmm?? Let me weigh this one out...... Do I want to be the team that wins the final, televised, CSS game of the week to stop the streak, win the game that will give us the outright region title, win the game that will allow us to stay undefeated in the region, win the game that will allow us to stay at home for the opening game of the playoffs, win the game that will mean a bunch more $$$$ for our program because we're playing at home for the playoffs, win the game to take our 3rd straight title from two 4A teams that have just dropped a level to join our class and should have won the region easily,.................OR win the game that will allow me to travel across half the state to lose????? Gosh, I'll have to think about this one for a while..... :D If you would have taken the 2nd win and made something of it, yes, it would have been worth it but you didn't. OK.... you have the one game streak going. You all seem to base everything on this. You can have the one game winning streak and we'll take the region title streak..... :)

Wow. That says it all in a nutshell! :)

I'd rather win in the playoffs personally because I've always believed that regular season wins are for show but postseason wins are for dough. White House has owned Greenbrier over the years. White House has a state title in their trophy case (1997). Finally White House is THE TEAM that sent Greenbrier home (at their house which is a very tough place to win) and ended their campaign in 2005. Greenbrier is a terriffic program right now having won three straight region titles BUT when it comes to talking history let's just say WH has the edge in that discussion.

Anyone who denies that one needs to have his/her head(s) examined :D

Now with that said let's talk about 2006 and let the past be just that (THE PAST)!!!

We all are going to pull for our teams. You turn the tables on this and I believe most of the fans will change sides. While I guess it's due to me being a little biased... :), considering the things listed, for me, it seems like the regular season match-up was for a little more than show. This gave the Cats the 3rd, undefeated region title in a year when they were supposed to finish 3rd at best. IF they would have lost, they would have finished 3rd. I think the memory of defeating your highly respected, cross-town rival for the title on senior night will be savored more for team than if they would have made it to the quarters. For me personally, considering what this win gave the team, this was for the best. And considering history...absolutely....WH has it over Greenbrier for the last 20. But I think the post is referring to the specific game. Again, just one person's opinion.

Edited by NoDoubt