3A TOP 10 (We want to know!)

Hmm?? Let me weigh this one out...... Do I want to be the team that wins the final, televised, CSS game of the week to stop the streak, win the game that will give us the outright region title, win the game that will allow us to stay undefeated in the region, win the game that will allow us to stay at home for the opening game of the playoffs, win the game that will mean a bunch more $$$$ for our program because we're playing at home for the playoffs, win the game to take our 3rd straight title from two 4A teams that have just dropped a level to join our class and should have won the region easily,.................OR win the game that will allow me to travel across half the state to lose????? Gosh, I'll have to think about this one for a while..... :D If you would have taken the 2nd win and made something of it, yes, it would have been worth it but you didn't. OK.... you have the one game streak going. You all seem to base everything on this. You can have the one game winning streak and we'll take the region title streak..... B)

That pretty much sums it up!!! This explains why you have no tradition.You would rather win one regular season game than the playoffs.And to set the record straight we may have been classified as a 4a team but we had the enrollment of a 3a school.Keep your 3 year streak will keep our 20+ years of tradition.Who s to say how GB would have done at Notre Dame? Maybe we saved you a long ride home, but ill still take quarterfinals over sitting at home :(

and the streak still lives White House has beaten GB every year for over 20 years.You can have your one game B)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That pretty much sums it up!!! This explains why you have no tradition.You would rather win one regular season game than the playoffs.And to set the record straight we may have been classified as a 4a team but we had the enrollment of a 3a school.Keep your 3 year streak will keep our 20+ years of tradition.Who s to say how GB would have done at Notre Dame? Maybe we saved you a long ride home, but ill still take quarterfinals over sitting at home :thumb:

and the streak still lives White House has beaten GB every year for over 20 years.You can have your one game :P

You need to go back and look at your school records for the past 20 years. You may have beat GB for those years but you don't have 20 years of tradition. Your good years have been in the last 10 or 12. In many of the other years you had very average teams that finished with records below GBs so you might want to look back before you try to turn legendary. Tradition starts by winning games and winning games wins region titles. How can you have tradition if you DON'T win region titles? The tradition that the Cats have going is just fine. You just don't seem to be able to deal with the fact that yall were picking your team to be in the state finals before the season started and yall were just going to walk right through the region and it didn't happen. You're first year of dropping down a level and you can't beat a no tradition GB for the title? and you finished 2nd... NO WAIT! That was 3rd. We also beat PC and you couldn't. :lol:

And don't try to play the numbers thing.... if you would have had 3A numbers, you would have been in 3A. You got enough students to build a second school in your town.

Edited by Cat Fan

That pretty much sums it up!!! This explains why you have no tradition.You would rather win one regular season game than the playoffs.And to set the record straight we may have been classified as a 4a team but we had the enrollment of a 3a school.Keep your 3 year streak will keep our 20+ years of tradition.Who s to say how GB would have done at Notre Dame? Maybe we saved you a long ride home, but ill still take quarterfinals over sitting at home :thumb:

and the streak still lives White House has beaten GB every year for over 20 years.You can have your one game :lol:

You really get worked up over Greenbrier it seems. I am just curious...when did White House start claiming they were the ONLY school with "tradition"? Step down off your high horse. The season hasn't started even started yet.

You really get worked up over Greenbrier it seems. I am just curious...when did White House start claiming they were the ONLY school with "tradition"? Step down off your high horse. The season hasn't started even started yet.

I'll agree.... I think the Cats have a pretty good tradition started. Hopefully we can keep it going. I think any program is going to have its' good years and down years but it comes down to which you have more of.

Regardless.....It'll be a tough region for anyone to totally dominate. It will put a new emphasis on an already touchy, cross-town game...... :thumb:

First off I have been reading these posts about tradition and it seems that we are just talking about White House and Greenbrier.... Which is fine because I happen to be a WH grad and football alum. Here is my spin on things if it really means anything. Tradition is defined as such:1 a : an inherited, established, or customary pattern of thought, action, or behavior (as a religious practice or a social custom) b : a belief or story or a body of beliefs or stories relating to the past that are commonly accepted as historical though not verifiable. What this saying is that anything can be traditional. Kinda like White House beating GB for 20+ years in a row that would be a form of tradition. Making the playoffs 10-12 years in a row, that is tradition. Year in and Year out being considered a state title team, that is tradition. That is why WH believes they have tradition. These are just a few examples of "TRADITION". So please do not sit here and say we do not have a ton of tradition running through the WH, because we do. Also when I graduated in 2002 we had just moved up to 4A and we were over the student limit by 100 kids. Then when the other school came in to effect they dropped well below the 4A minimum. So yes we were a 3A school playing in 4A. I am not complaining, because I was the player that got the privelage to put the 2001 Region Championship sign up on the practice field. That was a very good night!!!!!!!

You need to go back and look at your school records for the past 20 years. You may have beat GB for those years but you don't have 20 years of tradition. Your good years have been in the last 10 or 12. In many of the other years you had very average teams that finished with records below GBs so you might want to look back before you try to turn legendary. Tradition starts by winning games and winning games wins region titles. How can you have tradition if you DON'T win region titles? The tradition that the Cats have going is just fine. You just don't seem to be able to deal with the fact that yall were picking your team to be in the state finals before the season started and yall were just going to walk right through the region and it didn't happen. You're first year of dropping down a level and you can't beat a no tradition GB for the title? and you finished 2nd... NO WAIT! That was 3rd. We also beat PC and you couldn't. :thumb:

And don't try to play the numbers thing.... if you would have had 3A numbers, you would have been in 3A. You got enough students to build a second school in your town.

So in the playoffs #1 beat #3 NO WAIT #3 beat # 1 :lol:

And we did have 3a numbers.Now pay attention this may be alittle hard for you.The TSSAA classifies teams every four years.After the first year we fell back to 3a numbers and played that way for the next 3 years{and did so quite well thank you}.And I dont know who yall is but I never said WH was going to walk through the region.As far as the past 20 years go to our website and take a look it speaks for itself

5 time District Champs

4 time Region Champs [two in 4a]

5 time State quarter Finals

5 time State semi-finals[one in 4a]

2 time State runner up

And last but NOT least 1997 3a STATE CHAMPS

21 out of the last 23 years post season[YOU think thats AVERAGE]

TRADITION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the FACT YALL dont seem to get is we WON the game that counted THE PLAYOFF :P

Edited by titans89

First off I have been reading these posts about tradition and it seems that we are just talking about White House and Greenbrier.... Which is fine because I happen to be a WH grad and football alum. Here is my spin on things if it really means anything. Tradition is defined as such:1 a : an inherited, established, or customary pattern of thought, action, or behavior (as a religious practice or a social custom) b : a belief or story or a body of beliefs or stories relating to the past that are commonly accepted as historical though not verifiable. What this saying is that anything can be traditional. Kinda like White House beating GB for 20+ years in a row that would be a form of tradition. Making the playoffs 10-12 years in a row, that is tradition. Year in and Year out being considered a state title team, that is tradition. That is why WH believes they have tradition. These are just a few examples of "TRADITION". So please do not sit here and say we do not have a ton of tradition running through the WH, because we do. Also when I graduated in 2002 we had just moved up to 4A and we were over the student limit by 100 kids. Then when the other school came in to effect they dropped well below the 4A minimum. So yes we were a 3A school playing in 4A. I am not complaining, because I was the player that got the privelage to put the 2001 Region Championship sign up on the practice field. That was a very good night!!!!!!!

I was there Josh. It was a good night.It looks real good with all the others :thumb:

No I get worked up over ignorance.Just go with the facts.Did I say WH is the only school with tradition.Hmmmmmmmmmm No.I said anyone who thinks winning a regular season game is more important than the playoffs doesnt understand the tradition of football.The one objective is to keep playing week after week.NOT sittting at home polishing a trophy while someone else is still playing claiming were still #1.You may have been during the regular season but not anymore :thumb:

No I get worked up over ignorance.Just go with the facts.Did I say WH is the only school with tradition.Hmmmmmmmmmm No.I said anyone who thinks winning a regular season game is more important than the playoffs doesnt understand the tradition of football.The one objective is to keep playing week after week.NOT sittting at home polishing a trophy while someone else is still playing claiming were still #1.You may have been during the regular season but not anymore :thumb:

As was said before, WH won only the first playoff game, and got no further, and nothing to show for it except saying you played ND.. For me this debate is over---I think you're just miffed your "games in a row" record got broken and your "streak" is back at 1. You can say "years in a row", but the fact is you most of Mid-TN watched GB beat WH last year on CSS. Hope you learn to deal with that since you clearly were embarrassed to lose to a "no tradition" team. WE know what we have at Greenbrier, and we're as proud as you "BDP'ers." Sorry, but you didn't patent "pride".

Edited by EZBeingGreen

As was said before, WH won only the first playoff game, and got no further, and nothing to show for it except saying you played ND.. For me this debate is over---I think you're just miffed your "games in a row" record got broken and your "streak" is back at 1. You can say "years in a row", but the fact is you most of Mid-TN watched GB beat WH last year on CSS. Hope you learn to deal with that since you clearly were embarrassed to lose to a "no tradition" team. WE know what we have at Greenbrier, and we're as proud as you "BDP'ers." Sorry, but you didn't patent "pride".

Playoffs week 1 vs Polk Co.

Playoffs week 2 GB

Playoffs week 3 ND

That puts us at 2 wins 1 loss, that means we played 3 weeks, guess that puts a flaw in your "only the first playoff game".As far as being miffed,20 years from now lets have the same talk, maybe the same results , maybe not.I can only speak for now.I would hope that you would take pride in your team, thats what we do and finally as far as being embarrassed by you, we got beat by better teams than GB and we beat better teams than GB. :thumb:

Last 23 games 22 wins 1 loss

White House 663 GB 225 That says it all!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT WAS AN EXCITING NIGHT. I WISH GREENBRIER COULD EXPERIENCE SOMETHING CLOSE TO WHAT WHITE HOUSE FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT. EVERY YEAR I HEAR THE SAME THING, "THIS IS THE YEAR GREENBRIER BEATS WHITE HOUSE". YES YOU FINALLY DID IT. BUT NOT WHEN IT REALLY MATTERED. YES A WIN LOOKS GREAT ON A SENIORS JACKET BUT SITTING AT HOME WHILE 8 OTHER SCHOOLS WITH NO TRADITION SUPPOSEDLY ARE PLAYING. I WISH DEARLY THE FANS AND PLAYERS OF GREENBRIER COULD TASTE A LITTLE OF WHAT MYSELF AND JOSH HAVE BEEN THROUGH WITH THAT PROGRAM. THERE IS NOT A NOTHER ONE LIKE IT.

#59 2001:)

Edited by BDP 5908

THAT WAS AN EXCITING NIGHT. I WISH GREENBRIER COULD EXPERIENCE SOMETHING CLOSE TO WHAT WHITE HOUSE FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT. EVERY YEAR I HEAR THE SAME THING, "THIS IS THE YEAR GREENBRIER BEATS WHITE HOUSE". YES YOU FINALLY DID IT. BUT NOT WHEN IT REALLY MATTERED. YES A WIN LOOKS GREAT ON A SENIORS JACKET BUT SITTING AT HOME WHILE 8 OTHER SCHOOLS WITH NO TRADITION SUPPOSEDLY ARE PLAYING. I WISH DEARLY THE FANS AND PLAYERS OF GREENBRIER COULD TASTE A LITTLE OF WHAT MYSELF AND JOSH HAVE BEEN THROUGH WITH THAT PROGRAM. THERE IS NOT A NOTHER ONE LIKE IT.

#59 2001:)

That does sound like an exciting night. Was it as exciting as getting to play for that title in Murfreesboro? I bet you and josh really enjoyed all of the excitement that went along with the week of the state championship game. Attending the meetings in Nashville, having all of the news crews doing the stories about the teams playing for the state championship, having your entire town show up in Murfreesboro, all the stuff like that. Even though we didn't get to win the championship game like you and josh, its at least nice for us to be able to have state runner up on our jackets. I guess you do have some special BDP with having state champion on your own jacket. What was your most special memory of playing in the state title game? At least you and me and josh can share the memory of what it's like to actually make it all the way to the big dance. It's incredible isn't it? :lol: