Top 5 Coaches to PLAY for in East Tenn

JC4life

1) Don Woods

2) Don Woods

3) GQ

4) Stanton Stevens

5) J. Helton

Most of east TN has no idea how good Coach Woods is because is in the SHADOW of Maryville.

Maryville and MO WEST have a great respect for each other.

Nobody can beat Maryville

and only Maryville can beat the Trojans.

Anybody have the record of these to coaches?

LOL, you`re kidding right?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Wilson is a good coach but if he's still trying to use that

Wang- TEE thing vs todays quick Defences, Cleveland will stay home for the late rounds of the play offs.

He makes some dumb coaching moves sometimes...the team we had last year should of went to the playoffs..if we dont make playoffs this year, theres gonna be a riot.

he doesnt use wing t anymore

Saw this on another site, decided to bring it to the masses. Obviously most everyone is going to say the HC of their team, so OTHER THAN the HC of your team whats your top 5 HC to PLAY for, NOT to hire. Who's the best players coach?

In my opinion

1A. GQ(Maryville) Seen his team outplayed, yet to see them outcoached. Had a scout tell me that Maryville is better coached than some colleges.

1B. Gary Rankin(Alcoa)Built the best team on the highest stage of HS football. Make mistakes and his team will flat out grind you into the dirt under their cleats.

2.Scott Meadows(William Blount) Probably the master of the Wing-T in Tenn, would go down on the list if this was about hiring to run my program, but from a pure coaching standpoint there aren`t many better.

3.Steve Brewer(Sevier Co) Before some other schools opened up in the region, Sevier Co was the best, most talented, and best coached team in the state bar none. They were what Maryville is now.

4.Graham Clark(DB) Most fundamentally sound team in the East outside of Maryville. Best come from behind coach in the state IMO

5.Buck Coatney(Fulton) Great motivator, gets the very best out of his kids, and has the rings to prove it.

I agree on Sevier Co. Steve Brewer is a dedicated, caring coach with a great coaching background and the ability to really coach.

Brewer is well thought of.

How can anyone with a straight face say that Harig from Loudon is a good coach? Before last year, his teams had a combined record of 9-21. The only reason they won last year is because they dropped to AA, making them them the largest school in their region. He should write a thank you letter to TSSAA because if they hadn't dropped he would have been fired.

The rest of the list is right on target. :thumb:

Saw this on another site, decided to bring it to the masses. Obviously most everyone is going to say the HC of their team, so OTHER THAN the HC of your team whats your top 5 HC to PLAY for, NOT to hire. Who's the best players coach?

In my opinion

1A. GQ(Maryville) Seen his team outplayed, yet to see them outcoached. Had a scout tell me that Maryville is better coached than some colleges.

1B. Gary Rankin(Alcoa)Built the best team on the highest stage of HS football. Make mistakes and his team will flat out grind you into the dirt under their cleats.

2.Scott Meadows(William Blount) Probably the master of the Wing-T in Tenn, would go down on the list if this was about hiring to run my program, but from a pure coaching standpoint there aren`t many better.

3.Steve Brewer(Sevier Co) Before some other schools opened up in the region, Sevier Co was the best, most talented, and best coached team in the state bar none. They were what Maryville is now.

4.Graham Clark(DB) Most fundamentally sound team in the East outside of Maryville. Best come from behind coach in the state IMO

5.Buck Coatney(Fulton) Great motivator, gets the very best out of his kids, and has the rings to prove it.

Perhaps this should be the top 5 coaches to play for in the Knoxville area...