Top Sophomores in Tennessee

ShaneC

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Cody and Cory

Hickman County has a slew of Sophomores that are going to be great...Scott Sowell WB last night against Shelbyville he had 18 carries for 238 yds and 3 Tds with Td runs of 5,37,49....Marcus Grimes CB and WB 1 intercetption and 2 carries 34 yds and 1 Td of 23 yds....Look for these guys in 2a football in the near future

Henry County has 2 great sophmores. Dominique Allen is 5'10 245lbs. playing Running back. Best part is he runs a 4.7 40. Can you say Frieght Train? And Robbie Galimore 5'6 160. Yea he is small, but he is probably one of the top 5 hardest hitting Linebackers I have seen. Both look to have great careers at Henry County seeing how they both sterted as Freshmen.

Don't follow the whole state but, here are some the best Sophs from the Knox. area. All are varsity starters, and are listed in no particular order.

Encarnation. Farragut. LB. Quick to point of attack. Still learning to read/false steps. Starts for a 5A program. Only 5-11, 170 or so. Should grow into a good one.

Wilson. Knox Central. RB. Compact/explosive. 5-9 185. Good balance and very strong runner. Not sure about high end speed. Has some skills that you just can't coach.

Stinson. Knox Fulton. QB. Throws a great ball. Not accurate yet. Extreamly quick feet and elusive in pocket. Tough kid. Started most of Frosh year. Once this becomes his team, he might dominate.

Englehardit. Maryville. OL/DL. Has what it takes to start for perhaps the best team in the state. Last Soph to start there was Douglas @ TE who has verbaled to UT as a Jr. this year.

Thompson. Alcoa. DB. 5-10 185. Quick, aggressive, tough and strong. Could follow in the footsteps of Lanxter (West Virginia comit), and Sommer (05 KIL Soph of the year) as a potential D1 player.

Ayers. Webb. LB. 6-3 210. Physical and gets to the ball. Program has produced a couple of D1 level LBs over the last 5 yrs. Young and a bit inconsistant, but could be the next one.

Rodgers. Anderson County. RB/DB. Played mostly DB as Frosh with Cardin @ RB. Workhorse in 06 @ RB and DB. Much stronger than appears. Won't go down easy. Sure tackler. Plays football as it should be played.

Bounds. Carter. QB. Has led team to 8-0 start. Makes good decisions. Throws well. Good scrambler. Has nice numbers for a Soph.

Tait. Knox Catholic. OL/DL. 6-3 285. Quick, strong, pulls well, even better drive blocker. Just swallows RBs on D. Started as Frosh, and has opened plenty of lanes for H. Smith.

Two others that could pop on the radar would be Fine @ Bearden 5-11 170 db/olb and Williamson @ S. Doyle 6-0 300 DL.

DiverCity.

Appreciate the input. It's a big radar. Certainly did'nt mean to leave anyone off. I can't see em all. With those numbers, he sounds like a strong prospect in the future. I look forward to seeing him play.

I was j/k. I wanted to get him on yours and everyone else's radar screen. He grew up playing with Douglas and Burnette of Maryville. He's gonna get some looks from some big-time programs if he keeps playing like he as as a Sophomore.