Adam Townsend

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's an outstanding player no doubt, if he has a year like he did last year i think there is a good possibility he will be 1a mr. football. a gold ball would be nice to go along with it but its a little early to talk about that...

Edited by H-Town34

It all starts up front and with the blocking backs. If everyone does their job,it could be danderous. Mr football is a good possability.

Your right pujo, It'll take those up front . I hope this young man can live up to his reputation and stay healthy. If it happens, it will be a special achivement for him.

Mr. Football would be a great honor for Adam, but he's probably looking for a higher honor, a team honor...a gold ball. I talked to him during the play-offs last season and he didn't seem to be caught up in all the glory of himself, he talked more about his team. He seems to be a good kid. If I remember correctly, Adam didn't run the ball that much during most season games. It seems that he, and alot of other starters, sat more than they played, but most of those games, were over before half-time. I remember one game (don't know which game), Adam only ran the ball like 3 times and had like 17 pts (he kicked a FG or something). I don't know Adam's exact stats from last season, but I do know that they were up there with some of the best athletes in Tennessee. Can't imagine what they could have been?

Good luck Bulldogs!

Mr. Football would be a great honor for Adam, but he's probably looking for a higher honor, a team honor...a gold ball. I talked to him during the play-offs last season and he didn't seem to be caught up in all the glory of himself, he talked more about his team. He seems to be a good kid. If I remember correctly, Adam didn't run the ball that much during most season games. It seems that he, and alot of other starters, sat more than they played, but most of those games, were over before half-time. I remember one game (don't know which game), Adam only ran the ball like 3 times and had like 17 pts (he kicked a FG or something). I don't know Adam's exact stats from last season, but I do know that they were up there with some of the best athletes in Tennessee. Can't imagine what they could have been?

Good luck Bulldogs!

What nice things to say about a young man...Good luck Adam!

Good luck Bulldogs!

The reason that Adam and the rest of the starters were on the bench is because we are in the weakest conference in the state and the Bulldogs make up for the weak conference by scheduling non-conference powershouses like Unicoi Co. (0-10), West Greene (0-10), and Chuckey-Doak (2-8). I would like to see Hampton schedule some competition like South Greene or Cumberland Gap.

But as for Adam, he is a very talented running back and I believe that he has a legitimate shot at winning Mr. Football. It's hard to say now because nobody knows how the line will do. I have heard great things about the o-line and they looked impressive when I watched them in the scrimmage against David Crockett. I just hope they play hard all season and the team can stay away from injuries (Michael Guy already).

The reason that Adam and the rest of the starters were on the bench is because we are in the weakest conference in the state and the Bulldogs make up for the weak conference by scheduling non-conference powershouses like Unicoi Co. (0-10), West Greene (0-10), and Chuckey-Doak (2-8). I would like to see Hampton schedule some competition like South Greene or Cumberland Gap.

Hampton played C-Gap two year years ago, and beat them by a pretty big margin.

They wouldn't be that much competetion in my opinoin, but south greene on the other hand would be, they are always a tough team, but this year i don't even think they would be a match for Hampton.

and oh yeah adam got most, over half i know of in the last six games of the season including happy valley, cloudland, sunbright, harriman, coalfield, and trousdale.

also he had one hand do to his broken arm in a cast during thelast eight games

Hampton played C-Gap two year years ago, and beat them by a pretty big margin.

They wouldn't be that much competetion in my opinoin, but south greene on the other hand would be, they are always a tough team, but this year i don't even think they would be a match for Hampton.

and oh yeah adam got most, over half i know of in the last six games of the season including happy valley, cloudland, sunbright, harriman, coalfield, and trousdale.

also he had one hand do to his broken arm in a cast during thelast eight games

I am not taking nothing away from Adam. He is one of the top 3 players I have ever seen along with BJ Taylor and Mark Byrd. But there is no way you can say that Cumberland Gap would be no competition. They won the 2A conference and I am positive that it is stronger than 1A. The score in the Hampton vs. Cumberland Gap game 2 years ago was 34-29 with Hampton winning. I don't consider that a huge margin. I am not saying anything bad about Hampton they are my school too, but I would just like to see them play better teams to prepare for teams like Trousdale instead of (0-10) teams. Hampton's schedule rank last year according to coacht was 48th out of 58 teams. Thats not good.

I am not taking nothing away from Adam. He is one of the top 3 players I have ever seen along with BJ Taylor and Mark Byrd. But there is no way you can say that Cumberland Gap would be no competition. They won the 2A conference and I am positive that it is stronger than 1A. The score in the Hampton vs. Cumberland Gap game 2 years ago was 34-29 with Hampton winning. I don't consider that a huge margin. I am not saying anything bad about Hampton they are my school too, but I would just like to see them play better teams to prepare for teams like Trousdale instead of (0-10) teams. Hampton's schedule rank last year according to coacht was 48th out of 58 teams. Thats not good.

I know that the schedule isn't that strong, but why spend your time on here complaining about something that can't be changed anytime soon.

and really is it Hampton's fault that the confrence they are in is weak?

and as far as Hampton trying to schedule a thougher team, then ask why Elizabethton turned us down last year, and a couple years before that.... did you ever think that they might have used comman since, "being that the Bulldogs were loaded in 05 and now are loaded in 06" to spare them an embarrasing defeat to a 1-A program. not to mention a in-county 1-A program.