Adam Townsend

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigdawg or anyone else, how did the passing stuff go last night.And one more thing ,are we READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL.

Oh man! you know we ready!!!!

I think that the passing league was only a two day event, maybe I'm wrong. any info would be appreciated.

If you live in the town of Hampton then your ready for some FOotball

They did play at the passing league last night. They looked very impressive. Here are the scores for Hampton for the whole week. Remember that Hampton won all of these games.

Monday

vs. Sullivan Central 36-8

vs. Avery Co. 24-8

Tuesday

vs. Avery Co. 30-6

Thursday

vs. Cloudland 30-6

vs. Sullivan Central 30-8

As John Ward would say, "It's football time in Tennessee."

Monday begins the first official day of high school football practice yet some teams will issue gear on Friday and being morning workouts.

Coaches will try and beat the heat as temperatures are expected to reach into the 90's during the first two weeks. For the schools that do two-a-day workouts, players should expect to hit the field at 8:00 a.m. and return during the late evening hours.

There's high expectations between the double bridges at Hampton where some fans are already talking about Blue Cross Bowl.

But you can bet that Bulldog head coach J.C. Campbell will remind his team about Trousdale County and many others who stand in their way.

The Bulldogs return all-state running back Adam Townsend who broke the single-season rushing record in Hampton's semi-final state run a year ago. Look for Jonathan Lyons and Michael Lunsford to emerge as a big-time football player for Hampton.

Logan Andrews, a freshman center, could be thrown into the first in the early going.

The 'Dogs must replace defensive end Michael Guy who suffered a torn ACL over the summer.

If the 'Dogs can keep Pac-Man and his counterparts healthy, the "Big Blue" could make another journey deep into the playoffs.

Hampton will get a stern test in its opening game on August 25 against a very good Johnson County team in Mountain City.

Many are comparing this squad with the Bulldog team of 1996 when they lost in the semifinals to Knox Webb, who went on to win the state championship.

The Bulldogs should be ranked among the top in Class A teams. The highest Hampton rankings ever was #2 in 1996 and #3 during the 1976 season.

Campbell's been around the block more than once and will not let his players look past the first game.

Having played for the old ball coach, he'll probably tell us how Hampton is in a rebuilding year come media day.

* This is a article out of the elizabethton star (local news paper)

It is football time in bulldog country. ..........Go Dogs

I have only covered a high school football squad full time once while at the STAR, and that season two Cloudland boys won Mr. Football tropies...

This year, I am going to try to fill the big shoes of Jamie Combs and cover Hampton...

Maybe I can bat two-for-two with Mr. Football winners?

I have only covered a high school football squad full time once while at the STAR, and that season two Cloudland boys won Mr. Football tropies...

This year, I am going to try to fill the big shoes of Jamie Combs and cover Hampton...

Maybe I can bat two-for-two with Mr. Football winners?

I hope you are two-for-two myself Good Luck to All!