Question for you Maryville guys:

HTV

I understand from a source who would know that Brent Burnette is getting some serious attention from a couple of D1-A schools already, Alabama included. The Bama coach who recruits this area, from what I was told, believes that he was among the best couple of QBs who camped in Tusculoosa this summer.

My question is, Burnette is second team, correct? Who is the quarterback ahead of Burnette getting serious attention from?

Just curious. I know that both are outstanding quarterbacks and, from what i'm told, they are both very good students and good kids.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand from a source who would know that Brent Burnette is getting some serious attention from a couple of D1-A schools already, Alabama included. The Bama coach who recruits this area, from what I was told, believes that he was among the best couple of QBs who camped in Tusculoosa this summer.

My question is, Burnette is second team, correct? Who is the quarterback ahead of Burnette getting serious attention from?

Just curious. I know that both are outstanding quarterbacks and, from what i'm told, they are both very good students and good kids.

Can't help you on which schools are interested, but the "starter" is Derrick Hunt. But really they play equal time. General consensus is that Burnette has the better arm.

Can't help you on which schools are interested, but the "starter" is Derrick Hunt. But really they play equal time. General consensus is that Burnette has the better arm.

Yeah, I know that Hunt is the starter. Just curious who he is in involved with.

dont make much sense not to start someone with a better arm and getting more attention

I can think of 15 good reasons and a 9th GOLD BALL to keep the starting rotation at Maryville just like it is. Both play about 50/50 and have learned to play as a TEAM.

Burnette is getting this D1 attention after playing 50/50 during his Soph year and he is better now that last year. Hunt is better also and works his butt off every day to get even better.

There is no reason to try to create a QB problem at Maryville because there is not one. Both are happy and looking forward to another good season

Derek Hunt is the starter. I heard at the Furman camp one of the Furman coaches was talking to Hunt. Derek Hunt has 2 advantages over Burnett. He can run the option better and he knows the offense better. Derek makes very few mistakes.

Brent Burnett can see over the LOS better than Hunt. From what I hear Burnett is close to 6'4 now. Burnett also can make all the throws. He throws the deep ball well.

Both kids are good quarterbacks. Derek Hunt said that he wouldn't be as good as he is if it wasn't for Burnett pushing him.

George Quarles has proved before that he will play 2 quarterbacks. He did it in 2003 when Cade Thompson and Alex Rouse shared time.

I can think of 15 good reasons and a 9th GOLD BALL to keep the starting rotation at Maryville just like it is. Both play about 50/50 and have learned to play as a TEAM.

Burnette is getting this D1 attention after playing 50/50 during his Soph year and he is better now that last year. Hunt is better also and works his butt off every day to get even better.

There is no reason to try to create a QB problem at Maryville because there is not one. Both are happy and looking forward to another good season

I couldn't have said it better.

I wasn't attempting to start any controversy. I simply asked a question based on factual information.

Watch the fireworks this year.

Hunt/Burnette to Maples should set some records.

Good info HTV and I know HTV wasn't starting anything just trying gain a grasp on the total situation.

Nice to know a ex Halls kid getting some D-1 looks.

Watch the fireworks this year.

Hunt/Burnette to Maples should set some records.

Good info HTV and I know HTV wasn't starting anything just trying gain a grasp on the total situation.

Nice to know a ex Halls kid getting some D-1 looks.

Maples is not the only target this year. Maryville is 6-7 deep at WR with Shiver, Clemdenon, another Clement, Jordan, 6'7" Douglas, and Riser. This may be the best group of pass catchers ever at MHS