Trousdale Co. @ Macon Co. Week 0

geo1126

You have got to be joking!! First of all you are crazy for not wanting to have Coach Satterfield instead of whoever you got now. The talent Trousdale has is because Coach Satt. develops that talent through his year round program. And finally, you say that Macon had more region wins when they were in the same region with TC...thats hilarious: TC had a region record of 27-5, Macon had a region record of 18-14. Who had more success!!

He was talking about Jimmy Maynord and Smith County not Macon Co. :lol:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well all I have to say is ITS FRIDAY!!!!! and as fun as all the trash talk has been this week, its time to put both teams on the field for 48 min. and see who the better ball club is tonight. I look forward to another great ball game tonight. Good luck to both teams and lets have an awesome season opener!

Well all I have to say is ITS FRIDAY!!!!! and as fun as all the trash talk has been this week, its time to put both teams on the field for 48 min. and see who the better ball club is tonight. I look forward to another great ball game tonight. Good luck to both teams and lets have an awesome season opener!

BUMP

Let's have a safe game also. we don't need anyone getting injured in the first game. Go Tigers!!! Everyone bring you insect spray.

My apologies....Maynord is a good coach...as far as the region record goes: TC had a record of 27-5, Smith Co. had a record of 26-6. Close but no cigar!

You may be right. I'll have to recheck my stats. However, the talent that lots of those boys had was God-given. I'm sure they work their tales off in the off-season, as do we, but T.T. Harpers and Nelson Harpers and Wesley Satterfields and Roy James were natural athletes. Their skills were honed and refined and I'm sure it takes tons of practice time to learn Satts system and be able to execute as well as they do but they were highly athletic and that is just a plain old fact. :thumb:

You may be right. I'll have to recheck my stats. However, the talent that lots of those boys had was God-given. I'm sure they work their tales off in the off-season, as do we, but T.T. Harpers and Nelson Harpers and Wesley Satterfields and Roy James were natural athletes. Their skills were honed and refined and I'm sure it takes tons of practice time to learn Satts system and be able to execute as well as they do but they were highly athletic and that is just a plain old fact. :D

Yes, Satterfield has had much success, only because he as a coach has worked hard to acheive this. The kids in Macon County, Red Boiling Springs, and every other school in Tennesseee, put their pants on the same way the kids in Hartsville do, its 90% coaching. To say Satterfield has had more talent is rediculous. He could go to any school and win. Its the play calling, offensive and defensive schemes and off season workouts that win games. Also Coach Satterfield starts working these kids long before they reach the high school level, that wins games. The boys are no bigger than anyone else, no faster, there hands have 5 fingers on each and there feet come factory equipped with only 5 toes on each, they dont drink some special water. There coached to win, and they do.

Yes, Satterfield has had much success, only because he as a coach has worked hard to acheive this. The kids in Macon County, Red Boiling Springs, and every other school in Tennesseee, put their pants on the same way the kids in Hartsville do, its 90% coaching. To say Satterfield has had more talent is rediculous. He could go to any school and win. Its the play calling, offensive and defensive schemes and off season workouts that win games. Also Coach Satterfield starts working these kids long before they reach the high school level, that wins games. The boys are no bigger than anyone else, no faster, there hands have 5 fingers on each and there feet come factory equipped with only 5 toes on each, they dont drink some special water. There coached to win, and they do.

I do believe Coach Satterfield is an extremeley good coach. His teams are always well prepared and he makes very good adjustments. But to say he has no more "talent " than Red Boiling or Macon Co. is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard. Also, to say that 90% of it is coaching is also ridiculous. Do you honestly think , for example, Fulton's coach (who has been coaching there for many years) just all of a sudden became a football genious within the past 5 years? I don't think so. He now has more talent than he knows what to do with. Another example: In the 90's Marion Co. was very successful winning several state championships. The coach left and went to Grundy Co. Grundy never made it out of the second round with him. Why? He didn't have the talent he had at Jasper. Yes they improved tremendously and played good hard nose football, but didn't have the talent to be a championship caliber team. Gary Rankin is another example. Ruled 5A at Riverdale, but didn't have the talent to win championships at Smith Co. Talent has alot to do with how a coach does. By no means am I knocking Coach Satterfield. I think he is a tremendous coach. I just think your comments are ridiculous.

Edited by originalSC3

Let's take a vote. Who think Satterfeild could go to Red Boiling Springs and win a state title with 10 years, give me a "yes", if you think not, give me a "no"

Let's take a vote. Who think Satterfeild could go to Red Boiling Springs and win a state title with 10 years, give me a "yes", if you think not, give me a "no"

"NO" Why don't ya'll just say it, Hartsville has got some talent that macon probably won't see because its macon co. and don't make me go there.