Trousdale Co. @ Macon Co. Week 0

geo1126

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that after Macon beat TC a few yrs. back, Clint went to the locker room and told his boys "We'll get them next year, boys" and got a calendar out and circled the date of when they played us again. I don't know if that's true but if it was I hope he never wins another game. He needs to help his boys IN LIFE by explaining to them LOSING. He doesn't teach his kids a very important thing that life is hard and sometimes YOU WILL LOSE. The kids will be disappointed the rest of their life. You just don't coach like that in my opinion. :thumb:

What's so bad about telling your players "We'll get 'em next year" after losing to a team that you play annually and are used to beating? Let me tell ya, I've been in many a locker room after losing to teams you shouldn't/didn't expect to lose to, and the "Boys, sometimes life is tough and you're not gonna always win" isn't the spill you want to hear. What you want is to go home and then come back Monday to start preparing for next Friday's game. And I'm not trying to say that there aren't lessons to be learned from losing ball games, 'cause there are lessons in everything, but in my opinion, you play to win, and when you don't, consoling yourself by equating it with the fact that life isn't fair, or you don't always win, or whatever doesn't teach you anything, it only makes you complacent about losing. And losing is one thing that Coach Satterfield won't stand for. Now you shouldn't beat yourself up when you lose; you should if it was for lack of effort, and maybe lack of execution. But if the other team was just flat out better than you......And I'm sure bunches of people will reply and say that sports isn't all about winning, and I know what you're trying to say, and I somewhat agree, but it's definately the main focus in Hartsville, and it ought to be. Yes, the team works hard, and yes, maybe Coach makes some mistakes, but they are few and far between. But let me tell you, no one is forced to play; they can quit any day. Or they can never come out to start with. But if you ask me, a trip to the playoffs with a real chance for a gold ball every year is something that most high school football players only dream of, and I'd throw a coach like Satterfield in there as well. And the guy that said he hopes Satterfield never wins another game: keep dreaming :lol:

All I've got to say is life is hard and SOMETIMES you will lose. Satterfield doesn't accept that fact. I'm not going to brag too much on Macon cause they should have beat them alot more than they did. I know most of TC was probably freshman or soph. Plus they have less than half as many players. Macon never gets any fame for anything. If macon had near the size TC had we would win state. Macon has great coaches but not near the talent as a hartsville. I think coach satt is a very knowledgeable coach, but I'd rather have our coaches. I'll finish this later.

What's so bad about telling your players "We'll get 'em next year" after losing to a team that you play annually and are used to beating? Let me tell ya, I've been in many a locker room after losing to teams you shouldn't/didn't expect to lose to, and the "Boys, sometimes life is tough and you're not gonna always win" isn't the spill you want to hear. What you want is to go home and then come back Monday to start preparing for next Friday's game. And I'm not trying to say that there aren't lessons to be learned from losing ball games, 'cause there are lessons in everything, but in my opinion, you play to win, and when you don't, consoling yourself by equating it with the fact that life isn't fair, or you don't always win, or whatever doesn't teach you anything, it only makes you complacent about losing. And losing is one thing that Coach Satterfield won't stand for. Now you shouldn't beat yourself up when you lose; you should if it was for lack of effort, and maybe lack of execution. But if the other team was just flat out better than you......And I'm sure bunches of people will reply and say that sports isn't all about winning, and I know what you're trying to say, and I somewhat agree, but it's definately the main focus in Hartsville, and it ought to be. Yes, the team works hard, and yes, maybe Coach makes some mistakes, but they are few and far between. But let me tell you, no one is forced to play; they can quit any day. Or they can never come out to start with. But if you ask me, a trip to the playoffs with a real chance for a gold ball every year is something that most high school football players only dream of, and I'd throw a coach like Satterfield in there as well. And the guy that said he hopes Satterfield never wins another game: keep dreaming ;)

:thumb: Why in the world do they keep score if it's not about WINNING. If you ever lose one time that's all you need, It stinks, leason learned, it doesn't have to be taught!!

I think Macon could be the best 3a team in Middle Tennessee

Macon is about the same as they were last year...They played against a TC team who is weaker than last year...MC has a better team that I thought they'd have this year, but they're no better than they were last year...Running game to me is weak...