Scrimmages

mjuhb

If they need work, they need work. It preseason and you have to get ready for the season. Get off Bill's back. I remember a team up that way running the score up to 23. That shows a lack of sportsmanship, not getting your varsity some needed work.

They need a lot if they plan on going anywhere.... :thumb:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That goal by Father Ryan in the siegel game was a joke. Right to the keeper, she holds it for a second or two and then lets it roll out of her fingers and trickle down her back into the goal. Siegel didn't look good vs. Shelbyville but then vs. Father Ryan looked very good. They changed to a 4-5-1 vs. Ryan.

I wanted to comment on the "joke" scored by Father Ryan. It was a direct kick from about 38 yards at somewhat of an angle. The keeper was playing the near post (as she should), the ball was struck well with good pace, good height and in a very good spot - to the far post. If not for the keeper touching the ball from my angle the ball would have ended not in the upper 90 but more like the upper 80 and in the side netting(side netting is where ended in the air). Another factor was the ball was struck by a left footed player and as the ball approached the keeper it was also moving away from her as well. All in all it was a well played ball and a tough play for the keeper. I have seen alot high shots give female keepers more trouble over the years than male keepers for some reason.

It was a pretty even game, both teams had some chances and both teams trying to find their stride for the upcoming season. I would suspect both will make noise in the playoffs.

I wanted to comment on the "joke" scored by Father Ryan. It was a direct kick from about 38 yards at somewhat of an angle. The keeper was playing the near post (as she should), the ball was struck well with good pace, good height and in a very good spot - to the far post. If not for the keeper touching the ball from my angle the ball would have ended not in the upper 90 but more like the upper 80 and in the side netting(side netting is where ended in the air). Another factor was the ball was struck by a left footed player and as the ball approached the keeper it was also moving away from her as well. All in all it was a well played ball and a tough play for the keeper. I have seen alot high shots give female keepers more trouble over the years than male keepers for some reason.

It was a pretty even game, both teams had some chances and both teams trying to find their stride for the upcoming season. I would suspect both will make noise in the playoffs.

it was a great shot but it did look like she might have been off her line a little bit

She missed on a couple of punches vs. either Ravenwood or Shelbyville can't remember. Def. would help if she learned that

honestly i think coach shelton does a good training her

during warmups coach shelton and meredth were doing about 7 or 8 different drills some goalie are limited too only 1 drill in warm-up

meredth deserves a little respect i mean she is the keeper siegel has ever had

Are you sure it was about 38 yards and not about 39 or perhaps 37 yards lets check the replay! Geez its a scrimmage chill!