Cookeville vs White Co.

seven777

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe sparta has a better than a fair shot at beating cookeville this year and years to come because like you all said which I agree with. "ATITUDE" I believe coach brown has got things a changing but we have to wait to see for sure. I know one thing, we will not going to go quietly thats for sure. Cookeville better be prepared for knock down drag out, blood sweat and tears fight. If we lose it will not be because we didnt fight for it. Good luck to all the players, and I hope to see a good game.

The Law of Averages states that eventually we will be correct. And boy you won't ever hear the end of that one.

And what do you want us to say, anyway? "Oh man, we stink so bad, there's no way we will beat the almighty Cookeville. We don't deserve to be on the field with them"? Sports fans who aren't optimistic about the upcoming season are bad fans. I don't believe that you would prefer us to just lay down and give up on the game before it is played.

I think we've got a fair shot to beat Cookeville on Friday.

Good point, but the people i was talking about were the sparta fans that are over confident on their chances to win friday. I hope we do see a good game . This rivalry game is always a hard fought game, but some of the fans were talking like cookeville didn't have a chance and that they were the team with the big winning streak

I believe sparta has a better than a fair shot at beating cookeville this year and years to come because like you all said which I agree with. "ATITUDE" I believe coach brown has got things a changing but we have to wait to see for sure. I know one thing, we will not going to go quietly thats for sure. Cookeville better be prepared for knock down drag out, blood sweat and tears fight. If we lose it will not be because we didnt fight for it. Good luck to all the players, and I hope to see a good game.

BINGO! You discribed an old fashion rivalry the heart and soul of highschool football,but I'll be pulling for my cavs and believe they should win GO CAVS!!!!

Sparta better pray it rains!! Cavs are fast! compared to WC that is.

Fast is always good but first you have to break free. If we were in a track meet cookeville would win but were playing a football game. By the way the cavs didnt look too fast when they were running after the owls. Also your qb didnt look too comfortable in the wet weather so I would be careful what you wish for. I think it will be a close game and weather should not be a factor. You also must remember you have alot of young players who will be playing in a very hostile environment with some very large boys, much bigger and stronger than the owls so it should be a very good test for the cavs. Sorry heisman but I think your wrong. The edge has to go to the Warriors.

Good point, but the people i was talking about were the sparta fans that are over confident on their chances to win friday. I hope we do see a good game . This rivalry game is always a hard fought game, but some of the fans were talking like cookeville didn't have a chance and that they were the team with the big winning streak

I remember a lot of people saying Cookeville didn't have a chance against Ooltewah last week as well but they found out different. That game was good preparation for the Cavs for this week. They have four quarters of battle already under their belt and should have a little bit more confidence after proving those nay-sayers wrong last week.

I remember a lot of people saying Cookeville didn't have a chance against Ooltewah last week as well but they found out different. That game was good preparation for the Cavs for this week. They have four quarters of battle already under their belt and should have a little bit more confidence after proving those nay-sayers wrong last week.

Ill give credit to cookeville playing hard last friday but do you really believe the owls played like they are capable of. I think the cavs came ready to play and the owls were caught off guard. I think cookeville played up to and showed their potential but the owls didnt really get in the game til the 2nd half. Almost too late. The owls had a terrible game plan to start the game but even after all that they still found a way to win.

To reply to your statement: yes they have had 4 qtrs to show everybody what their weaknesses are and they are GLARING. Unless the cavs grow6 inches and gain 75 in one week, then I will pick the Warriors.

Ill give credit to cookeville playing hard last friday but do you really believe the owls played like they are capable of. I think the cavs came ready to play and the owls were caught off guard. I think cookeville played up to and showed their potential but the owls didnt really get in the game til the 2nd half. Almost too late. The owls had a terrible game plan to start the game but even after all that they still found a way to win.

To reply to your statement: yes they have had 4 qtrs to show everybody what their weaknesses are and they are GLARING. Unless the cavs grow6 inches and gain 75 in one week, then I will pick the Warriors.

I couldn't tell you anything about the game, I wasn't there. I never see Ootlewah play, and the only game I usually watch Cookeville is when they play Lincoln County. Without even being there, I can tell you this, Cookeville will show up prepared and ready to play. I don't know much about White County other than what I have read on here, but it sounds like they have a lot of size. Unless they have speed to go with it, it might not do them any good. Remember, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

BTW - I will be working the Lincoln County at Blackman game. If someone can send me a private message with a cell phone number, or give me the number to a radio station that will be broadcasting the game, I would love to be able to call and get updates to pass on to our listeners.

Good luck to both teams!! ;)

I really dont think size matters. Sparta has been bigger than cookeville for the last 10 years and still havent won, so i think that says size doesnt matter? This is the making for another wooping! And once the first play is over the crowd really doesnt play much as a factor.

I agree with you heisman it does look like a wooping is in the making, looks like cookeville fans are going to be brought back into reality. I hope cookeville will show sparta some respect after this game. We will see heisman we will see.

I cant wait to see this game. If you dont get fired up about this time of year then you must not be breathing.

THIS IS OUR HOUSE. GO WARRIORS.

does anyone know if they will be televising this game or on the radio??

I agree with you heisman it does look like a wooping is in the making, looks like cookeville fans are going to be brought back into reality. I hope cookeville will show sparta some respect after this game. We will see heisman we will see.

I cant wait to see this game. If you dont get fired up about this time of year then you must not be breathing.

THIS IS OUR HOUSE. GO WARRIORS.

does anyone know if they will be televising this game or on the radio??

DUDE!!!!!! I don't think you read heisman's reply the same way the rest of us did. I think the whooping to which he was referring to was the one White County was going to receive from the Cavaliers. I don't have a dog in the race, but I just thought I would let you know. :lol:

Edited by LCstatman