Father Ryan/Lebanon Scrimmage

bigbigguy

# 22 is a guy named Ben Thomas. He played very well and cause a lot of trouble in the back field. As for AB...if you go back and read a post talking about a full back trying to blind side a Father Ryan player and getting laid out. The person he was trying to blind side was AB.

AB could always lay a hit but wrestling is his forte!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My statement was to 2cents and I stand behind it. I'll take FRHS on the over for a 3-7 season all day long. I can't wait til FRHS suits up against you guys....Silver Tate and all.

Ole Dad

What 4 teams ( or more ) will Ryan beat? http://www.fatherryan.org/sports/index.htm Go to football in top left hand side for schedule.

Edited by my2cents

2cents hates on everybody but your comments are ridiculous. Ryan is desperate to fill the school because of a drop in enrollment. As for the prediction that Ryan will beat more or less than 3 teams remember it is just that, a prediction, an opinion. That's what CoachT is all about. :thumb:

I think that attributing all the ditzing of JPII to me is flattering, but also incorrect. You may want to go back and check the quotes you attributed to me for accuracy. But, I will also tell you that that street runs both ways and I see much more JPII faithful digging on FRHS for their past few years records and their prediction of "more of the same." You may want to thicken your skin a bit more and read the posts more carefully going forward before lumping all your woes into one neat package. I will tell you that may want to make sure your kids strap their chin straps on tight when they face FRHS cause it's gonna be a slobberknocker and no one at FRHS is in awe of JPII. So have fun, the season is about to begin and the digs on all teams will likely get more frequent as supporters of other teams make their opinion known. Good Luck.

Ole Dad

O Ole Dad you really are funny. Are you saying a comment like the ones you have posted here and on other topics are not intended to 'dissed' the JP2 faithful. You are right there are JP2 posters on Coacht that talk smack but truly Ryan has mastered smack. Read posts from other schools' faithful. They seem to agree with knight fans.

It would be refreshing if you posted something such as, "excited to see Ryan rebound from a poor showing against Hunter's Lane. There are still problem areas that I feel sure Coach Lussier and his very competent staff will address before Week 1. JP2 we look forward to meeting you in Week 1 and we look to be prepared. A great game no matter who wins." It shows confidence and class and still the rivalry is there. But nooooooo.... what we read is "laid down the law" and "lebanon players got hurt" and "put your money where your mouth is".

To give credit where credit is due statebound and RyanAlum did have more positive things to say. Ole Dad call me when you can show the class that other Ryan fans show. :thumb:

Edited by Ole Dad

Father Ryan looked very good as lebanon couldnt get anything going.i have heard though that th were missing there center and another lineman.father ryan d looked near unstoppable.but i must say that i went to lebanons scrimmage against antioch and there first team easily beat antioch.antioch scored once and that was against lebanons 2nd team

Thanks for repeating what I said, jp2fan. Youre a man with many words and thoughts. As for enrollment, it may be down at FR, but it will go back up. Soon, when JPII is older, it will balance out. I know all the 8th graders love to pick JPII cause its new, and the "cool" place to go. What do 13 year olds really know anyway? But from what I hear, there have been a few transfers to FR from upper classman at JPII.

Plus, you keep mentioning our fan base. Who have you met besides for the few on this board that back the Irish?

Thanks for repeating what I said, jp2fan. Youre a man with many words and thoughts. As for enrollment, it may be down at FR, but it will go back up. Soon, when JPII is older, it will balance out. I know all the 8th graders love to pick JPII cause its new, and the "cool" place to go. What do 13 year olds really know anyway? But from what I hear, there have been a few transfers to FR from upper classman at JPII.

Plus, you keep mentioning our fan base. Who have you met besides for the few on this board that back the Irish?

I was a Ryan fan for a long time and went to church at St Henrys so I know very many Ryan fans. Enrollment will go back up at Ryan when they start providing a quality education instead of blustering about it. Who wants to pay for nothing?Also Ryan should have already rebounded and pulled enrollment from Williamson and Rutherford counties. You are right. There have been transfers to Ryan from JP2 who were either asked to leave JP2 (for grades probably) or maybe JP2 wasn't right for them.

As usual a post about Father Ryan or JP2 ends in a war of words. This topic doesn't even really address the blue devils. Apologies Lebanon. Good luck on a great football season. :thumb:

I am out of this topic. You can continue any discussion with me in the JP2/Father Ryan game topic. :lol:

Please tell me you are not from MBA. Because if you would read where I said there's a new sherriff in town was a joke at the comment that Father Ryan laid down the law. I would figure someone from MBA could figure that out by themselves, unless you jumped on jp2fan smack talk bandwagon. If there is a next post I will spell it out for you, Barney.

Calm down there, big guy. Sorry I mistook you for a Ryan fan (still not sure if you are or not). I can't keep up with everyone on here. Sometimes it is difficult to catch sarcasm in print.

I was a Ryan fan for a long time and went to church at St Henrys so I know very many Ryan fans. Enrollment will go back up at Ryan when they start providing a quality education instead of blustering about it. Who wants to pay for nothing?Also Ryan should have already rebounded and pulled enrollment from Williamson and Rutherford counties. You are right. There have been transfers to Ryan from JP2 who were either asked to leave JP2 (for grades probably) or maybe JP2 wasn't right for them.

As usual a post about Father Ryan or JP2 ends in a war of words. This topic doesn't even really address the blue devils. Apologies Lebanon. Good luck on a great football season. :D

I am out of this topic. You can continue any discussion with me in the JP2/Father Ryan game topic. :o

I want to go ahead and say im sorry for getting WAY off topic with this post, but I felt that I needed clear something up for Father Ryan.

Me like most people thought Father Ryans enrollment had gone down so I asked someone who is " In the Know" at Father Ryan about why it had gone down. The way they put it is this:

The school is built to hold 100 students, BUT they are staffed to hold a little over 900. The only downside to this is they have in a way over enrolled and have over 900 students so they had to make a waiting list until either people leave or they can bring in more teachers.

I want to go ahead and say im sorry for getting WAY off topic with this post, but I felt that I needed clear something up for Father Ryan.

Me like most people thought Father Ryans enrollment had gone down so I asked someone who is " In the Know" at Father Ryan about why it had gone down. The way they put it is this:

The school is built to hold 100 students, BUT they are staffed to hold a little over 900. The only downside to this is they have in a way over enrolled and have over 900 students so they had to make a waiting list until either people leave or they can bring in more teachers.

They lied to you because before JPII opened Ryan had 1000 students with a waiting list with even a point system for parochial school kids to get in. Example: for every year in parochial school or ccd class you would get 1/10 of a point if sibling graduated from Ryan 2 points, parents 2 for each etc. Even sent out letter this past spring saying why they had to let go about 7 part time or office people and one full teacher because enrollment is down. So your friend that is "in the know" doesn't know much about what is going on over there or like most believes whatever they tell him or her. Next time you see your friend ask them since the football stadium has been approved in March, has one blade of grass been touched to start it, or better yet has one penny been raised to start? I will bet the answer will be somewhere in the neighborhood of it is still in the planning stages. Oh yeah, don't forget about that $800,000.00 burm you have to build around the campus before you can even start on the stadium. :ph34r::angry: