8/18 Week 0 JP2 at Greenbrier

timbdp

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B):thumb::lol::lol:

Hey NoDoubt I thought it was illegal for a cop to sit in a private driveway to catch speeders or is that just in MetroNashville?

I asked that question myself and was told that it's OK if the officer gets permission. And the person I asked made the point that..... "what are you going to do, tell them NO?" Then you go on their black list and everything is going to be just that much more difficult.

I've seen Ridgetop police parked behind a tree, between a car and truck up next to a person's house, 60 yards off the road. I'm totally serious. But it's not a speed trap.... :lol:

I asked that question myself and was told that it's OK if the officer gets permission. And the person I asked made the point that..... "what are you going to do, tell them NO?" Then you go on their black list and everything is going to be just that much more difficult.

I've seen Ridgetop police parked behind a tree, between a car and truck up next to a person's house, 60 yards off the road. I'm totally serious. But it's not a speed trap.... :lol:

JP2's lack of parking or speedtraps getting to Greenbrier....what are ya gonna do? :thumb:

JP2's lack of parking or speedtraps getting to Greenbrier....what are ya gonna do? :ph34r:

While we do have plenty of parking...... it's spread out over several areas and it fills up pretty quick. A suggestion for the PJP crowd is to try to stay out in the areas along the highway. Areas such as the baseball field, the front and side of the middle school, etc. will be much easier to get to as you come in and also much easier to get out of when the game is over. It can get pretty congested if you get up close to the field.

The parking lot next to the field is in bad shape. With all of the buses, students, visitors, and construction workers; it's in as bad of shape as I've seen it. Fortunately the majority of the parking won't be here anyway. Only walking fans that will probably fall into one of these and drown.

I agree. I don't think you'll ever see the field leave from it's current location. It's just too convenient and it just plays into the mystique of our small-town Friday night football. I just wouldn't be the same to go some place else for a game. The good thing is that the Athletic Club has continued to make major improvements each year. From the home bleachers, to the press box, the visitor’s bleachers, and now the new building.... it's all going in the right direction. Having successful years and good fans make this all the easier.

Looking forward to a huge Friday night!!!

Agreed…..The improvements that have been made have been paid for solely by the football program and athletic club. Money they raised and spent as they see fit. It’s the county that needs to step up. They just built two new schools in the county and I understand we needed them, but the neglect that continues to be overlooked in and around Greenbrier Middle is ludicrous and embarrassing.

The last ticket I got was two years ago in…guess where….Ridgetop. I was doing a blazing 43 mph. It cost me $114.00 plus driving school.

Question for PJP2: How did you guys fair against Pearl Cohn in your scrimmage?

Agreed…..The improvements that have been made have been paid for solely by the football program and athletic club. Money they raised and spent as they see fit. It’s the county that needs to step up. They just built two new schools in the county and I understand we needed them, but the neglect that continues to be overlooked in and around Greenbrier Middle is ludicrous and embarrassing.

The last ticket I got was two years ago in…guess where….Ridgetop. I was doing a blazing 43 mph. It cost me $114.00 plus driving school.

Question for PJP2: How did you guys fair against Pearl Cohn in your scrimmage?

A blazing 43? Was that in a family car? I was clocked at a criminally insane pace of 45. The cop almost couldn't catch up with me. I finally stopped to let some ducks cross the road............

This problem can easily be solved. All you radical lawbreakers, er..I mean Bobcat fans need to do is find someone to fund a Waffle House in Ridgetop. We have one here. And it does the trick. Sometimes. :ph34r:

Well I guess I'm just a habitual criminal because I got a ticket a couple of years ago in White House (in front of Kroger) because I didn't come to a COMPLETE stop while turning right on red. It didn't matter that I could see the cop sitting and watching, that the vehicle in front of me did the same thing, that there were no other cars at the intersection, or that I was down to about 5 mph..... it's not considered a stop unless you COMPLETELY stop. GEESH!........ I'm such a lawbreaker!

Edited by NoDoubt

Well I guess I'm just a habitual criminal because I got a ticket a couple of years ago in White House (in front of Kroger) because I didn't come to a COMPLETE stop while turning right on red. It didn't matter that I could see the cop sitting watching, that the vehicle in front of me did the same thing, that there were no other cars at the intersection, or that I was down to about 5 mph..... it's not considered a stop unless you COMPLETELY stop. GEESH!........ I'm such a lawbreaker!

He evidentially saw your “Greenbrier Bobcat Football” sticker on your rear window.