8/18 Week 0 JP2 at Greenbrier

timbdp

Just out of curiousity, where you there? Just thought it odd that you asked the score and then gave an account of the game. ;)

Good game to PJP. Your guys apprarently were really dehydrated. There were at least five players that went dow. You guys have a great kicker. And yeah Golden scored as expected, but his brother is bigger and will looks like he may be a better player, eventually.

To the Bobcats, your fans came out to support you in full force. You guys looked great for the first game and I look forward to what you will do with experience and practice. Great game...good sportsmanship displayed more than once... be proud.

How accurate was my account of the game???? I'd say it was dead on wouldn't you?????

In all seriousness I talked to a friend soon after my post and he told me how it went tonight.

Greenbrier at Lipscomb: The Bobcats have won the last two meetings :thumb:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as Greenbrier vs. DL goes, look for win #3 in a row for the cats. As a former Marshall Co. player we saw the film of this game the last 3 years b/c we played both teams. I'm tellin ya right now Greenbrier has their number mentally more than anything. Granted the scores have been close the last 2 years, if you watch the tapes you'll see Greenbrier HITTIN LIPSCOMB IN THE MOUTH EVERY PLAY. They physically punished them. Towards the end of both games you can see DL's guys almost giving up b/c Greenbrier had beaten them up so much! The cats could care less about that Lipscomb Mystique. They don't back down and it shows. And Greenbrier is one of the best prepared and coached teams in the state. Like someone said earlier, look at how much they OVERACHIEVED last year. Just think of what they'll do this year.

Just out of curiousity, where you there? Just thought it odd that you asked the score and then gave an account of the game. :thumb:

Good game to PJP. Your guys apprarently were really dehydrated. There were at least five players that went dow. You guys have a great kicker. And yeah Golden scored as expected, but his brother is bigger and will looks like he may be a better player, eventually.

To the Bobcats, your fans came out to support you in full force. You guys looked great for the first game and I look forward to what you will do with experience and practice. Great game...good sportsmanship displayed more than once... be proud.

Great season opener. It seemed to me that the Cats fans need to knock the rust off and get a little more fired up, but then it seems the first game is always a little apprehensive after coming off a great season. These Cats did fine. They held their own for almost two complete quarters and there was more passing in this game than we did all season last year, I think. I for one am glad to see the passing game open up. To GB #21, I wish I had a video of that catch--that was unbelievable! The Cats came back strong in a hurry up situation and were very impressive. I agree that this team will be a strong contender for a 4th straight Region Title. Keep working hard. We BELIEVE.

Sigh. If only that sportsmanship would have carried on after the game with a certain female Knights fan. Head bobbing and finger wagging in the face of hosting fans and players is not cool. Someone at PJP2 needs to focus on something a little more golden than Tate---and practice the Golden Rule.

Edited by EZBeingGreen

Not a good night for the Cats but it could have been worse. I don't think you can say it all that often but Tate beat Greenbrier pretty much by himself last night. On two of the scores, the Cats had their hands on him in the backfield or at the line but didn't wrap up. You make that mistake against a player like Tate and he's going to kick it outside and out run you.....which he did. He's a great talent but he would be even better if he would learn to pull in the attitude a bit. One thing that really stood out to me was that Tate pretty much was the only offense that PJP could generate. Some of the other backs had a few good runs but their offense never seemed to have any momentum and outside of a couple of dump passes..... the passing game was pretty much nonexsistent. They should be a strong team this year but Tate had better stay healthy.

As for Lipscomb.... Greenbrier has got the win for the last two years and it was always in DLs first game of the year. This year, DL will already have a tough one under their belt after tonight's matchup with Goodpasture. DL at home is going to be another difficult one but GB definitely needs to go in planning for the win.

Not a good night for the Cats but it could have been worse. I don't think you can say it all that often but Tate beat Greenbrier pretty much by himself last night. On two of the scores, the Cats had their hands on him in the backfield or at the line but didn't wrap up. You make that mistake against a player like Tate and he's going to kick it outside and out run you.....which he did. He's a great talent but he would be even better if he would learn to pull in the attitude a bit. One thing that really stood out to me was that Tate pretty much was the only offense that PJP could generate. Some of the other backs had a few good runs but their offense never seemed to have any momentum and outside of a couple of dump passes..... the passing game was pretty much nonexsistent. They should be a strong team this year but Tate had better stay healthy.

One man can't beat 11 by himself, even Golden. I am pretty sure there was some blocking going on that helped him. On review of the film there was one huge block on the onside kick return. Golden is an impact player that will get his touches; he will make good things happen but he is still a part of the team.

Thanks again for the hospitality Greenbrier!

I don't think he meant that Golden was out there by himself, but the kid's talent was a huge factor in PJP's win. IF he was not in that game the outcome could have very well been different, not taking anything away from their victory, but in just being honest Golden Tate was the difference in that game that gave PJP the victory and that is an easy thing to see if you look at the game film or stats... cause if you take away Golden's 4 touchdowns......Pope John Paul didn't score. Good game by both sides, Golden impressed just as I hoped he would....(although I would have liked to have seen Greenbrier win) and Greenbrier showed potential to have yet another great season. Good Luck to both teams in the upcoming season.

I don't think he meant that Golden was out there by himself, but the kid's talent was a huge factor in PJP's win. IF he was not in that game the outcome could have very well been different, not taking anything away from their victory, but in just being honest Golden Tate was the difference in that game that gave PJP the victory and that is an easy thing to see if you look at the game film or stats... cause if you take away Golden's 4 touchdowns......Pope John Paul didn't score. Good game by both sides, Golden impressed just as I hoped he would....(although I would have liked to have seen Greenbrier win) and Greenbrier showed potential to have yet another great season. Good Luck to both teams in the upcoming season.

I understand but I still believe that we have other talent on the team that is not utilized to its full potential just because Golden is so "Golden". It is a dual edged sword to have a player like Golden. God forbid that Golden gets hurt but we do have the talent to step it up without him. Thanks

First let me say congratulations to PJP2. It was a clean well played game by both teams. I hope we can keep this game in week zero in the future.

My analysis of the game is this: PJP2 rushed for 236 yards…Golden Tate had 205 of those. PJP passed for 37 yards….Golden Tate had 22 those. PJP scored 4 TD’s….Golden Tate scored all 4. Do the math.

This was the beginning of a brutal schedule for the Bobcats. You need to understand that Greenbrier faced a team that can “legally” recruit their athletes.

I was pleased with Greenbrier’s effort. There is obvious work to do before the region schedule starts, but I saw some good things Friday night. It doesn’t get any easier this week when they travel to Lipscomb.

You can view some video clips of the game at www.schoolsportsradio.com.

Good luck to PJP2 the rest of their season.

Let’s hope Greenbrier can make it 3 in a row over Lipscomb!!!

First let me say congratulations to PJP2. It was a clean well played game by both teams. I hope we can keep this game in week zero in the future.

My analysis of the game is this: PJP2 rushed for 236 yards…Golden Tate had 205 of those. PJP passed for 37 yards….Golden Tate had 22 those. PJP scored 4 TD’s….Golden Tate scored all 4. Do the math.

Good luck to PJP2 the rest of their season.

Exactly! Great way to break it down.......

Tate did have some blocks on a couple of the scores but odds are that he scores with or without them. Without Tate, this game is a toss-up.

I agree with jp2Fan. It looks like PJP has several other backs that have potential but odds are they won't have a chance to develope it. At least not yet.

Edited by NoDoubt

It was the Golden Tate show, no doubt about it...and I really didn't see an attitude this time. I hope he's matured and understands what you do at this level won't matter when you get to the next. Our guys were a little bright-eyed, I think, by one guy and that is to be expected. Bottom line: He's good. Even 'great'...at the high school level. And he did receive some blocking help (let's don't get stupid here and deny that), but the only one that really hurt us was wearing #23.

For Greenbrier, I saw the makings of a good TEAM. Grogan, Dorris, Roach, Martin, Mabry, Grubbs and Kyle Bush (what a catch!) all shined at various times. A good team is usually built around a core and we have that...along with qualified, passionate coaches.

I, too, was suprised that so many JP2 players cramped up. Water ain't THAT expensive, is it? 'Cept in Greenbrier! :thumb: (sorry, that really ain't funny)

My bottom line: Our guys should be mad about losing (especially allowing that last TD - what in the world?), but the coaches will re-direct that energy this week toward DL. I believe playing JP2 will give our players a mental edge over DL and they don't even know it yet.

Go Cats! :thumb:

My bottom line: Our guys should be mad about losing (especially allowing that last TD - what in the world?),

Go Cats! :thumb:

Waters high because it comes from White House....... :thumb:

That last TD was the result of an onside kick that needed to go 11 yards but ended up going 20.... straight to the one person that you didn't need to get the ball. With all of the players/speed on that side of the field, all he had to do was cut across the field and score..... B)

Waters high because it comes from White House....... :D

That last TD was the result of an onside kick that needed to go 11 yards but ended up going 20.... straight to the one person that you didn't need to get the ball. With all of the players/speed on that side of the field, all he had to do was cut across the field and score..... :o

So, when I flush my toilet, does it go back to White House? :o

...which - I saw it - he did, unfortunately. :o