McKenzie Rebels

duckman38201

I cant understand what's going on with Huntingdon. I'd heard that the new weathers was supposed to be a very good player. Crocker's a 3 year starter at QB and I won't even mention Donald's resume. What's the deal?

Matt Weathers had 190 yards rushing on the night. Too bad the game was lost or he would have gotten the attention he deserved. Matt is the kind of player that dont worry about attention though, he just wants to play ball. Congrats to Mckenzie, you outplayed us in every aspect. Good luck the rest of the season.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Weathers had 190 yards rushing on the night. Too bad the game was lost or he would have gotten the attention he deserved. Matt is the kind of player that dont worry about attention though, he just wants to play ball. Congrats to Mckenzie, you outplayed us in every aspect. Good luck the rest of the season.

Matt Weather is a true talent as about 20 other kids on that team. He will get the credit he deserves. Just think if they combined all carroll County schools. What a JUGGERNAUT. Good Luck Stangs and I will go ahead and tell ya'll we ain't gonna pencil ya'll in for our homecoming next year. GOOG LUCK THROUGHOUT.

This sums it up:

Courtesy of McKenzierebels.com:

Ryan French: ""We had so much heart and desire," said French. "PRIDE had everything to do with it."

MRP baby!!! McKenzie Rebel Pride!!!

I can second ur post on this. And I can say that if we had this desire for defense last yr we might have had two champ rings last season. aND WHAT AN EFFORT WE HAVE BEEN GETTING.

Edited by Butchie

Good luck to the 'Stangs the rest of the season from the other side of the creek hardhead70. I can say for a fact ya'll aren't lacking in talent.

MRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by duckman38201

I stand corrected Bohica, I've seen u several times, and i'm glad to finally make ur aquaintance. I am old, and not as fast as Bug. And meeting EYEBALL was a unique experience. Eventhough me and eyeball have a love hate relationship. I love Eyeball's son and Eyeball hates me.....lol. I really love the support of the rebel parents and fans. And yes Duckman last nite was a hoot.

But, I want to take this time to say something that goes un noticed around here.

I know it's fun to here people talk about my kid, And I want to be the first to start a fan base for other Rebels. Namely a freshman starter who is now a Junior. Tyler Reeder who is the heart and soul of this Team. He started as a Freshman center and hasn't stopped. He took this job and hasn't gave it up and has done a remarkable job. This young man is truely the spark that every team needs and goes un-noticed. So give em heck Tyler ur my hero.

Hey you big grape-ape thanks for the kind words about Tyler(of course I am partial to that gorilla myself) You know I love ya you big goon.. The boys sure lit the place up... I thought I was going to stroke out !!! It was a real "sweet" victory. Now to focus on Bruceton which will challenge us as well. Great game to all who played, yeah love the remarks made by some " B team" give me a break. Long time coming and I am proud of both sides.. KEEP THE ENGINES RUNNING REBELS !!! see you all Friday night... HOPEFULLY we will have clear skies...

GO BIG RED !!!!

Hey you big grape-ape thanks for the kind words about Tyler(of course I am partial to that gorilla myself) You know I love ya you big goon.. The boys sure lit the place up... I thought I was going to stroke out !!! It was a real "sweet" victory. Now to focus on Bruceton which will challenge us as well. Great game to all who played, yeah love the remarks made by some " B team" give me a break. Long time coming and I am proud of both sides.. KEEP THE ENGINES RUNNING REBELS !!! see you all Friday night... HOPEFULLY we will have clear skies...

GO BIG RED !!!!

I'm just giving credit where credit deserves to be. Some say Friday Nite was the peerooney show. I say it was a total team effort. Tyler is the spark on this team glad we got him.

You are a idiot! I guess throwing for nearly 10000 yards was hype. And I guess throwing a fastball consistantly in the 90's is hype. Oh and I guess Bugs making all state in every sport he played is all hype. And I guess Bugs going and playing in a all star game in baseball was all hype. You are right about one thing, you won't hear about John Kermit b/c he redshirted. But make no mistake, you will hear about him, Drew and Bugs in the near future. They just start the list. You see, we have had some great athletes that only come along occasionally. And they may get alot of press b/c of individual accomplishments. But make no mistake about it, you can ask everyone of those young men how it feels and I will assure you, that w/ all their heart they will say they accomplish nothing w/o the others around them. So to say that we received a bunch of HYPE is crap!

I have said this before on here. I played at White House High School and we had a saying at White House called BDP. It stands for Blue Devil Pride. And it is powerful. It something I thought I would never experience again. But the last 5 or 6 years here in McKenzie, the pride these players, coaches and community has is just as strong. So when you come in knocking one, two or three of our players, you are not only messing w/ their pride, you are messing my everyone who sits in those stands at Rebel Field. So, please keep your mouth shut before something else idiotic comes out of it.

Thanks for jumping on him while i had him down. Sam, when u come round here knocking Rebs, u had better know ur facts. Or be prepared to be disassembled. And the coverage we are getting is because of the outstanding play of our athlete's. WHICH could not have been done without the wonderful teamate's and coaches they have had. And not to mention the mentor's, especially u volsantitans. None of these guys rate nothing without thier teamates. And when one of them excels it makes the others pick up thier game, and lo an behold a good ball club is established and will reign for years to come. But, with the ammount of ignorance u have shown Sam, we are singing to the choir all of this is over ur level of understanding.

Titans honor Wade Comer as H.S. Coach of the Week

NASHVILLE, TN, Sept. 25, 2006 -- The Tennessee Titans announced today that Wade Comer of McKenzie High School has been named as the Titans High School Football Coach of the Week. McKenzie traveled to Carroll County rival Huntingdon and claimed a 31-17 victory, giving them their first road win over Huntingdon since 1963 and spoiling Huntingdon’s homecoming festivities in the process.

McKenzie is a Region 7 – Class 1A team and was the underdog entering the game against Huntingdon, a Region 7 – Class 2A that was ranked number five in the state heading into the game against cross-county rivals. McKenzie’s record is now 4-1 and following their fourth consecutive victory since a season-opening loss to 2A – Trenton.

McKenzie overpowered Huntingdon with 434 yards gained, including a 264 – 81 passing yards advantage. The very successful Comer has led McKenzie to the playoffs every year since becoming head coach seven years ago.

Through the Titans Foundation, team owner K.S. "Bud" Adams, Jr. will make a $1,000 contribution to the McKenzie High School football program in honor of Coach Comer, who will also receive a framed certificate signed by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, NFL Director of Football Operations Gene Washington and Titans Head Coach Jeff Fisher.

"High school football enjoys a great tradition in Tennessee," said Adams. "That tradition is based not only on the outstanding quality of play but on the devotion of their coaches who continue to develop high school football players into young men of strong character. I'm very pleased to underwrite this program that recognizes the efforts of so many talented high school coaches across the state!"

Coach Comer will be Mr. Adams’ guest when the Titans host Jacksonville on December 17 when the team honors all 2006 Coach of the Week winners and announces the winner of the 2006 Coach of the Year! Adams will make an additional $2,000 grant to the football program of the Coach of the Year winner.

The criterion for selection includes the coach’s impact on his team, school and community. A statewide media panel votes each week to determine the weekly winner. All high school football coaches in Tennessee, regardless of their school’s size, league, or division, are eligible to be selected each week. The program is designed to recognize high school coaches who transform, through their hard work and dedication, student-athletes into the best possible football players and citizens in their community.

Also receiving consideration in this week’s poll was Dick Henley, Tennessee School for the Blind; Matt Lowe, Powell High School; Gary Rankin, Alcoa High School; Brian Rector, Ravenwood High School; Danny Wilson, Cleveland High School and Heath Woods, Carter High School.

“High school football coaches can play a role in the lives of their players that will have lasting results,” says Gene Washington. “A competitive spirit, good sportsmanship and character development are some of the issues confronted on a daily basis by football coaches. We are thankful for the many coaches around the country who assume such a demanding role.”

Now in its ninth season, the Titans Coach of the Week program has seen Adams award more than $84,000 to football programs across the state honoring these winners.

Congrats Coach Comer! This is a well deserved award.