Titans off to great start

I thought the starting offeense looked ok tonight. Volek was I think 7-9 or 8-9 with an Interception because the receiver slipped on the wet field. They were playing without receiver David Givins (Hamstring) Chris Brown again looked pretty good when he ran the ball. They didn't run it as many times as they did last week.

The defense looked rough especially against the bootleg. They were without big Al. Haynsworth (Didn't catch why he didn't play) so that hurt against the run. Hopefully Odom is ok, he makes the tackle for a loss and gets hurt in the process.

V. Young looked sharp on several throws and had a couple of good runs. L. White also looked very good in his first NFL game.

I would like to see Young and White get the start or atleast come in after the first series of one of the remaining preseason games to see how Young looks with the starting receivers and how White runs behind the 1st team O-line.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys might have liked what you saw but I cringed everytime I saw VY make a throw. That throwing motion is horrible. He'll either have to change it or start rolling out to make all his throws. If I was a defensive lineman in the NFL, I believe I would be foaming at the mouth to get to him!

Wingman, you are 100% correct! :thumb:

Edited by ERA

Jay Cutler will be playing in the pro bowl at the same time Vince Young is trying to convert to wide receiver.

Floyd Reese is out of football and Jeff Fisher is someone's defensive co-ordinator.

The Adelphia LP Ingram Gaylord Colisseum is half empty.

When?

Ah, I'll say 3 years.

You guys might have liked what you saw but I cringed everytime I saw VY make a throw. That throwing motion is horrible. He'll either have to change it or start rolling out to make all his throws. If I was a defensive lineman in the NFL, I believe I would be foaming at the mouth to get to him!

Wingman, you are 100% correct! :thumb:

He has a very very quick release, his throwing motion doesnt come into play. Phillip Rivers is another qb with an odd throwing motion, his release is quick also, but I havent heard a word about him not being able to make throws. I dont understand why people have automatically assumed that Vince cant make the grade in the NFL. Just because you have a QB that can run doesnt mean he is going to be a running QB in the NFL,VY has proven through the preseason that he wants to through the ball. Give the guy a chance. Everybody made cases agianst Steve McNair when he was drafted 3rd by the Oilers, and he turned out to be pretty darn good.

He has a very very quick release, his throwing motion doesnt come into play. Phillip Rivers is another qb with an odd throwing motion, his release is quick also, but I havent heard a word about him not being able to make throws. I dont understand why people have automatically assumed that Vince cant make the grade in the NFL. Just because you have a QB that can run doesnt mean he is going to be a running QB in the NFL,VY has proven through the preseason that he wants to through the ball. Give the guy a chance. Everybody made cases agianst Steve McNair when he was drafted 3rd by the Oilers, and he turned out to be pretty darn good.

Oh, I'll give him a chance. He deserves that at the very least but I'm telling you that unless some miracle happens with his mechanics, he's going nowhere. Granted he'll make some big plays with his athleticism that will make everyone almost forget his problems. But, every time he's attempting to throw the ball, there will be more looking to knock the ball out of the air like what happened yesterday. It's one thing to have ODD mechanics, it's totally another throwing from the top of your rib cage......almost side arm. Favre is the only one I've seen use that successfully but it had been once or twice in a game when he's running from a jailbreak defensive attack and he threads it through a slot. You can be successful if you have multiple arm angles much like a pitcher. They never know what angle you are going to throw the ball from. In Vince's case, he has one throwing angle and it's at the bottom of the throwing motion. He may overcome it with athleticism but this is primetime PRO Football, not college. I'll be rooting for him.

They should have took Cutler. ;)

Here are the official stats from last nights game.

Vince Young = 11-19 for 125yds. a long of 23

Jay Cutler = 6-12 for 99yds. 1 td. a long of 30

Vince Young also had 4 rushes for 19yds. and a touchdown.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the first two preseason games!

V. Young = 15-30 for 181yds. 0 tds - 0 Int.

Rushing = 8 carries for 47 yards 1 td.

J. Cutler = 22-34 for 291yds. 2 tds - 0 Int.

Rushing = 1 for 0 yds.

I don't see a lot of diffrence everyone wants to talk about V. Young's throwing motion yet almost every pass is on the money! If I remeber they said Peyton Manning had happy feet and was jumpy in the pocket. :thumb:

Edited by Sequatchie

i'm not worried about his motion. Bernie Kosar, Favre, Rivers, Tarkington,(heck even Sammy Baugh) and others have done well with a less than orthodox motion. It's his ability to find receivers quickly that will determine his success.

Cutler has the benefit of a superior offense. Put him with the Titans right now and he wouldn't impress you. His TD pass last night was his best throw-most of the time his receivers were WIDE open, so it is tough to miss.

I thought the Titan's D-line allowed Denver to get into their pads. Heck, if you make Damian Nash look like the second coming of Larry Csonka, you've got issues. The offensive tackles took a beating. Some players said they came out flat. Ok, I can buy that in a pre-season game-but the lack of intensity with it being a road game needs to change.

Denver is far more polished than the Titans. Need to see some big improvement against Atlanta.

In just one week they lose to the Saints, have a teammate spit on another one causing a brawl atpractice, have a teammate arrested on domestic violence and have their mascot do a hit and run on the Saints back-up QB.

Lovely!

Okay..now you can add two more losses and the Pac Man incident. Does anyone else but me think the Titans are gonna be really bad this year?