Titans off to great start

I am beginning to get very concerned about Norm Chow's offense and/or the personnel there to accomplish the task.

Observations: Volek is consistently bailing out on pass routes to the shortest receiver in the progression. The gain is anywhere from zero to three yards. Either the receivers aren't running correct patterns, or Volek can't see downfield.

-The offensive tackles are weak. They are getting beat in pass rush situations and can't hold the point of attack in running plays. Zach and/or Benji are good for a drive killing foul just about every game.

Remember when last year it was said that the Titans would hurry to the line at about the 14 second mark, check the defense, and change into the proper set? That hasn't happened this year, of maybe Chow was forced to dump it because, like so much that works in college, it doesn't cut it in the faster, smarter NFL.

The Titans may be running vanilla offense, but the defenses are vanilla as well.

Would the return of Givens, Jones, and Erron make THAT much of a difference?

I'd like comments, particularly from those in the coaching fraternity.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am beginning to get very concerned about Norm Chow's offense and/or the personnel there to accomplish the task.

Observations: Volek is consistently bailing out on pass routes to the shortest receiver in the progression. The gain is anywhere from zero to three yards. Either the receivers aren't running correct patterns, or Volek can't see downfield.

-The offensive tackles are weak. They are getting beat in pass rush situations and can't hold the point of attack in running plays. Zach and/or Benji are good for a drive killing foul just about every game.

Remember when last year it was said that the Titans would hurry to the line at about the 14 second mark, check the defense, and change into the proper set? That hasn't happened this year, of maybe Chow was forced to dump it because, like so much that works in college, it doesn't cut it in the faster, smarter NFL.

The Titans may be running vanilla offense, but the defenses are vanilla as well.

Would the return of Givens, Jones, and Erron make THAT much of a difference?

I'd like comments, particularly from those in the coaching fraternity.

Not a coach, but did read on ESPN's rumors site yesterday that the Titans are considering picking up Kerry Collins. Apparently the coaching staff isn't too thrilled with Billy so far.

Tennessee Titans = Tennessee Volunteers

Fat, happy, lazy, undisciplined, arrested. Problems are multiple. Solutions start at the top. Might require coaching change at both places to improve. People just want to see an honest day's work for an honest day's pay (millions of $$$)

Both embarrass the state. I used to read the sports page first. Now I check the front page first so I can check on the latest player developments.

Biggest difference between the 2 teams is that the Titans dont have 2 or 3 cupcakes on the schedule.

Titans looking at a 3-13 or 4-12 season.

And dont ask me who they'll beat. Some other fat, happy, lazy, undisciplined, arrested NFL teams I suppose.

Fat, happy, lazy, undisciplined, arrested. Problems are multiple. Solutions start at the top. Might require coaching change at both places to improve. People just want to see an honest day's work for an honest day's pay (millions of $$$)

Both embarrass the state. I used to read the sports page first. Now I check the front page first so I can check on the latest player developments.

Biggest difference between the 2 teams is that the Titans dont have 2 or 3 cupcakes on the schedule.

And dont ask me who they'll beat. Some other fat, happy, lazy, undisciplined, arrested NFL teams I suppose.

Ummm..at least the Vols will be competitive this year. The Titans ARE the cupcake on everyone`s schedule.

Guest dare_2_dream

.. thats a great post my friend. very nicely said.

• 2 weeks later...

About Vince Young....He will be a real good player for a couple of years until he takes off out of the pocket and someone like Ray Lewis crushes his knee....I have always rather had a drop-back qb opposed to a scrambling type....Examples...Mike Vick,Donovan McNabb and Steve McNair...They always end up getting hurt...I worry much more about his knees than his throwing motion...

From what I saw in pre-season, five wins will be a stretch for this team....Less than that if they don't beat a bad New York Jets team Sunday... :unsure:

Guest dare_2_dream

About Vince Young....He will be a real good player for a couple of years until he takes off out of the pocket and someone like Ray Lewis crushes his knee....I have always rather had a drop-back qb opposed to a scrambling type....Examples...Mike Vick,Donovan McNabb and Steve McNair...They always end up getting hurt...I worry much more about his knees than his throwing motion...

From what I saw in pre-season, five wins will be a stretch for this team....Less than that if they don't beat a bad New York Jets team Sunday... :thumb:

The Titans are awful, bottom line.

Wow, I don't know how they look on TV, but they sound terrible on radio.

They look awful. The defense wouldn't look so bad if they wasn't on the field 90% of the time. They get a small break and then its 3 & out.

People can say what they want about VY and Billy Volek, but VY made 1 rookie mistake so far and he still has looked better than Collins. I'm not an expert but I think Volek could do better than what Collins is showing. The offense looks sick.