Marshall County -- Spring Hill

This game has the potential to be a barn burner. Spring Hill would love nothing better to come into Marshall County and win one in their coaches home town.Giving that scenario and the fact that this is a Region game that both teams need to win to get off on the right foot in the region, this will be a very good game.

Last year MC trailed much of the game only to come back and win in the end. Last years teams moved the ball at will on each other with the final score being MC 48 and Spring Hill 43.

Marshall County has made improvements on defense but has a few more to go. Marshall County lost theit premier QB in a scrimmage a few weeks ago and will be going with a very good replacement in Jake Morris. Jake will step in and actually bring another element into the equation with his speed as well as a strong arm. Look for Hightower, O'neal, Braden and Wright to have big seasons as well for the Tigers.

Look for a great game Friday Night in Lewisburg. See ya in the Jungle and YES get ready to hear Welcome to The Jungle many times throughout the night !!!!!!!

Edited by mctigersportsfan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game has the potential to be a barn burner. Spring Hill would love nothing better to come into Marshall County and win one in their coaches home town.Giving that scenario and the fact that this is a Region game that both teams need to win to get off on the right foot in the region, this will be a very good game.

Last year MC trailed much of the game only to come back and win in the end. Last years teams moved the ball at will on each other with the final score being MC 48 and Spring Hill 43.

Marshall County has made improvements on defense but has a few more to go. Marshall County lost theit premier QB in a scrimmage a few weeks ago and will be going with a very good replacement in Jake Morris. Jake will step in and actually bring another element into the equation with his speed as well as a strong arm. Look for Hightower, O'neal, Braden and Wright to have big seasons as well for the Tigers.

Look for a great game Friday Night in Lewisburg. See ya in the Jungle and YES get ready to hear Welcome to The Jungle many times throughout the night !!!!!!!

This should be a great arena game...I mean high school game. With all the scoring it should be like sitting in the gec watching the kats. Just with no AC.

I think people will be surprised at the score. It is not going to take 50 points to win. Remember, you heard it here first.

People are so quick to forget that defense scored a touchdown in the jamboree and set up a score with an interception. Don't look for 40 points to be given up on Friday night. Our coach has us ready. :ph34r:

People are so quick to forget that defense scored a touchdown in the jamboree and set up a score with an interception. Don't look for 40 points to be given up on Friday night. Our coach has us ready. <_<

I don't think SH is ready to give up that easy either. I promise the boys have been working hard. I know both teams will play really good on Friday night!

People are so quick to forget that defense scored a touchdown in the jamboree and set up a score with an interception. Don't look for 40 points to be given up on Friday night. Our coach has us ready. <_<

They also gave up 18 points in one half in the jamboree. What's 18 + 18 equal?????? Marshall's improved on defense but how much remains to be seen. Scrimmaging Shelbyville and DeKalb Co. does not hold much water in my opinion. Those two teams were a combined 1-19 last year :blink:

Run the ball with Hightower and don't put too much responsibility on the guy who's replacing Gower. Stopping the duo of Magwan Smith and Jonathan Walker is going to be a tough task for every defense in Region 5-3A this year.

They also gave up 18 points in one half in the jamboree. What's 18 + 18 equal?????? Marshall's improved on defense but how much remains to be seen. Scrimmaging Shelbyville and DeKalb Co. does not hold much water in my opinion. Those two teams were a combined 1-19 last year :lol:

Run the ball with Hightower and don't put too much responsibility on the guy who's replacing Gower. Stopping the duo of Magwan Smith and Jonathan Walker is going to be a tough task for every defense in Region 5-3A this year.

Well, Big Country, after Friday, we'll talk. If you are right, I'll be glad to admit it. Otherwise, maybe you can throw a little credit to the defense of Marshall County. But, I do want to say that holding SH to few points (if that indeed happens) will not satisfy me. I want a strong defensive effort for 15 weeks. :lol:

wow this must be one heck of a region if a team pick to finish second or third in the region and a team picked to finish last or next to last are expecting a close and exciting game!what are the keys for each team if the hope to win?

Region 5-3A is very competitive from #2-#8. Lipscomb is the clearcut #1 pick in the region but teams like Creek Wood, Marshall, Giles, Page, Montgomery Central, Spring Hill, and Cheatham Co. are capable of beating one another on any given night when healthy.