Boyd Buchanan vs South Pitt.

reaction

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theoretically the Pirates should win this one by 2 or 3 tds at least. However, often coaches have a nemisis. Vick Grider's daddy had Colquitt and the Warriors and Vic has Boyd, they own him.

Boyd has outscored SP 183-38 in their last 5 meetings.

Boyd has outscored SP 183-38 in their last 5 meetings.

I don't think there will be a Peardon or Healy on the field for Boyd-Buchanan. I'm sure it will be mentioned Hathaway is out, again, there's already been 3 or 4 mentions of it in the TFP since he got hurt again.

Edited by Indian

I may change this later in the week when I read more on the Boyd vs CPA game, but I will tell you this will be a hard fought game regardless of SP's speed. Boyd has a little speed and is always coached well.

The one thing I seen in Coach Akins is that he could turn around a close first half by adjusting at halftime then blowing people away in the 3rd quarter. Maybe the new coach can step it up and do the same. He will need to, cause my prediction is SP will jump out early 21-10 in the first half. If Boyd can adjust, it will be closer in the end (SP wins 35-31). If he can't adjust, it will get ugly down the stretch (SP wins 42-24)

I may change my prediction towards the end of the week, if both Hathaway (boyd) and Jones (SP) are back healthy.

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

I may change this later in the week when I read more on the Boyd vs CPA game, but I will tell you this will be a hard fought game regardless of SP's speed. Boyd has a little speed and is always coached well.

The one thing I seen in Coach Akins is that he could turn around a close first half by adjusting at halftime then blowing people away in the 3rd quarter. Maybe the new coach can step it up and do the same. He will need to, cause my prediction is SP will jump out early 21-10 in the first half. If Boyd can adjust, it will be closer in the end (SP wins 35-31). If he can't adjust, it will get ugly down the stretch (SP wins 42-24)

I may change my prediction towards the end of the week, if both Hathaway (boyd) and Jones (SP) are back healthy.

I'm glad we have atleast 1 down to earth SP fan.

It should be a good game like always. I seriously doubt Hathaway will play, he is not due back until mid- season i believe. I did not hear about what happend to Jones, what happend there? Its been a while since i have been back to South Pitt. for a football game, i believe the last time iw as there it was the Pickett show. and i believe Starky was qb at that time. Its gonna be a long week, but cant wait till Friday. Hopefully Boyd gets the kinks fixed before then.

The rivalry continues.....sorry to say that I will be out of town for a wedding and unable to attend. Pirates speed will once again prevail this week, the challenge from Boyd will be stern, but for the 2nd week in a role, the pirates will roll...just not as bad as my accurate prediction of the Greenback game....Pirates 49 Bucs 16

I'm glad we have atleast 1 down to earth SP fan.

It should be a good game like always. I seriously doubt Hathaway will play, he is not due back until mid- season i believe. I did not hear about what happend to Jones, what happend there? Its been a while since i have been back to South Pitt. for a football game, i believe the last time iw as there it was the Pickett show. and i believe Starky was qb at that time. Its gonna be a long week, but cant wait till Friday. Hopefully Boyd gets the kinks fixed before then.

Jones injured his hamstring about a week or week and half before the jamboree. If I was coach even if he was 99%, I wouldn't play him against Boyd. Just save him for region games.

Well if you last seen Starkey at QB, then get ready for the younger brother at WR and FS. 3 TD's last week against Greenback.

I will be at a Wedding as well and will miss the game, unfortunately. I will have access to CoachT so please keep it as updated as possible. Good luck to both teams.

I think this one will be another classic Boyd/South Pitt game. Hard hitting, lots of action, and a great environment overall. The electricty this game has generated in the past will be alive again. I am not going to make a prediction but I am hoping that SP can pull it out. They don't need to read a lot into the Boyd/CPA score. Boyd will be ready when they roll into Beene Stadium. The good thing is that the Pirates will be too! I can't wait until Friday.

If the game was later in the year, I think Boyd would win, but I think it will take a few games for the players to catch onto the new coach's gameplan....

Acording to a interview last night on the 10:00 news anthony hathaway said "that it was not like even getting a new coach for their team that this coach had not changed anything that aikens did" With that said i dont think it will matter what week this game is played!

People dont think for a minuite that boyd B will just go out there and say "uncle" it will be a great game and boyd will be looking for redemption after last friday night!

But i think that S.P. will win a close one vic grider is one more top quality coach and i have go with them!

P.S. the pirates have alot of weapons this year! look for them in late november!