Oak Ridge vs. Clinton

NickOrlando

Tank, Chill. These posts were meant for Boream and Dragoon and the other Big Mouthed posters. We all know Shadduck better than you and respect the guy and what he is trying to do. And by the way, the Cats have a long way to go and didn't use the spring and summer very well to be prepared is why.

Ole Dad

If I was from Anderson County (yes I live here now, but I mean REALLY from Anderson County), now that Oak Ridge has won the game, I would look around in the closet for something called class.

When a county is strong in football, all of their teams, it just makes the entire presentation better. Coach Shattuck, his staff and the players fought hard tonight. They deserve a pat on the back -- wait, what they deserve is even you diehard Oak Ridge fans to support them in turning the program around.

It's easy to kick something when it's laying there in front of you, injured and bleeding. How much easier would it be to pick it up, wish it well and hope that it can find a little success down the road?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least I got you to say something positive about someone associated with the Dragon program.

But I am as "chill" as it gets, it just gets tiresome to see a million posts that are generally negative to a "neighbor" program.

Shadduck ... you know him so well, I am going to tell him you didn't spell his name right!!

Now now, just chill, playing around. :thumb:

Tank, Chill. These posts were meant for Boream and Dragoon and the other Big Mouthed posters. We all know Shadduck better than you and respect the guy and what he is trying to do. And by the way, the Cats have a long way to go and didn't use the spring and summer very well to be prepared is why.

Ole Dad

Edited by TankTalk

It is a waste of electricity to even play this game. It is not a rivalry nor has it ever been one. The local politicians want to keep it going because of the proximity of the schools. You can't have a rivalry when one team has won 5 games in 57 years. Clinton has only one decade (I believe) when they won more than one game against OR and that was the 40's. It would be a much better gate and better game if we played Maryville or McCallie or Baylor or any other winning program.

Ole Dad

PS. when you talk to Shadduck tell him we still love him.

At least I got you to say something positive about someone associated with the Dragon program.

But I am as "chill" as it gets, it just gets tiresome to see a million posts that are generally negative to a "neighbor" program.

Shadduck ... you know him so well, I am going to tell him you didn't spell his name right!!

Now now, just chill, playing around. :thumb:

Edited by Ole Dad

Thus my headline in the game preview on Friday. I wish there was more fire in the rivalry, but there isn't. There was for a half, but that was due to some very sloppy play.

I agree with you as to why the game will continue.

I will tell ShaTTuck you said howdy.

It is a waste of eletricity to even play this game. It is not a rivalry nor has it ever been one. The local politicians want to keep it going because of the promity of the schools. You can't have a rivalry when one team has won 5 games in 57 years. Clinton has only one decade (I believe) when they won more than one game against OR and that was the 40's. It would be a much better gate and better game if we played Maryville or McCallie or Baylor or any other winning program.

Ole Dad

PS. when you talk to Shadduck tell him we still love him.

Art I dont think we have much for you this year. But then again maybe the competition will elevate our players. One thing for sure the speculation will end after week three we will know if it is going to be a 5-5 season or an 8-2 at this point it could go either way

I cannot accept Oak Ridge not being Oak Ridge.. nor will I ever believe otherwise. Last Season DB was young and talented with no game experience... This year they have all of that back... looking pretty good. Oak Ridge is a special game to the Indians... win or loose.

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Welcome to the Oak Ridge/Clinton post ART. While Oak Ridge play was anything but stellar Friday night you can be sure of one thing, there will be improvement next week and even more by the time the Tribe comes to the 'Ship. The game between these two schools dictates both sides giving it all and then some.

Don't forget the tailgate party! :thumb: It will be our first home game and you can be sure that Bounder and Co. will be "fired up" with all the great things.