Ravenwood vs. Brentwood Academy

RaptorFan10

Caffee is the real deal at QB...the best BA has had since Adcock. Removing him from the game for a time was inexplicable. For what? Because his receivers (OK...just one) had problems catching the ball? He played great all night, and especially after coming back in.

Well, I watched the game again tonight on Channel 3 to see if I could see the same thing in your QB as you do. I guess I just don't see it. You are obviously a big supporter of his. He does have good size, a good arm, and decent speed but he still has the same problems that he did in Texas. (and yes, I do know) He threw over the heads of the receivers, at their feet, ten yards past them, behind them, and you want to blame your receivers. He had an interception, fumble that lead to points and did not move the offense after the first quarter until the very end of the game. To me the whole offense looked confused and out of sorts during the first half and the first series of the second half. When the defense puts pressure on him, he struggles.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caffee is the real deal at QB...the best BA has had since Adcock. Removing him from the game for a time was inexplicable. For what? Because his receivers (OK...just one) had problems catching the ball? He played great all night, and especially after coming back in.

Well, I watched the game again tonight on Channel 3 to see if I could see the same thing in your QB as you do. I guess I just don't see it. You are obviously a big supporter of his. He does have good size, a good arm, and decent speed but he still has the same problems that he did in Texas. (and yes, I do know) He threw over the heads of the receivers, at their feet, ten yards past them, behind them, and you want to blame your receivers. He had an interception, fumble that lead to points and did not move the offense after the first quarter until the very end of the game. To me the whole offense looked confused and out of sorts during the first half and the first series of the second half. When the defense puts pressure on him, he struggles.

It's early in the season...it's not surprising that he made some mistakes against a good Ravenwood defense. I only saw the last few minutes of the game, but I also recall him making a couple spot-on throws, one of which was knocked out of the hands of Kottas on a good defensive play and the other of which was a bullet to Garrett for the game-winning TD. If I'm weighing the good versus the bad, I'm going to give a lot of credence to his late-game performance.

Oh, and since this is my first comment on the game, how about Chris Jordan? He's the best back I've seen play at BA since Lee, Biggers, and Atkins in 1995-96, and he may even surpass them by the time he graduates.

Well, I'm a BA supporter, and as such, try to support the individual players. I have never met Trent Caffee, and Friday's game was the first I have seen him play.

I do not neccessarily disagree with your assessment of the offense. I just saw some things from Caffee that looked pretty good, including some crisp passes on medium routes...something I have not seen in a couple of years. I don't proclaim Caffee as the next coming, but I do think he is "the real deal" as a good high school QB. I said he was the best since Adcock. This means I think Adcock was better, but Caffee has potential to be very solid. I did think at the time that removing him from the game could possibly hurt his confidence, but as I have stated, I'm not a coach who has to live and die with the decisions.

So, I assume from your shallow post that you are an advocate that kids who were born in a particualr county and state must always live there and play for that school in the district they were born? That really makes sense. I have no clue of the reasoning behind that theory but I guess it made sense when you penned it. Oh well, I guess that must mean you expect BA to kick tail on your team also.

Ole Dad

In case you are to "shallow" to know and understand TSSAA rules and by your post I think you are, or you think it is ok for your team to cheat. Recruiting isn't allowed in public schools. Private schools get away with it because they are supposed to play each other. If Williamson county put together an Allstar team they would thump BA. Without your two new players, they lose to Ravenwood and you know it. These boys earned their money and I suspect they will be driving nice cars too. How much did you contribute?

What does that mean?

HFAN......you have less than 5 posts to your name. Either this board is new to you, or you have a new log in name and are trying to start something. This thread does not need the trash talk you are putting in regarding public/private. Both schools have really good teams this year....end of story. You are very shallow on your knowledge of the public/private debate. If you want to talk about that, please go to the public/private debate board. This thread is about the game. Most suporters of both programs that are on this board don't want this thread pulled. :thumb:

HFAN......you have less than 5 posts to your name. Either this board is new to you, or you have a new log in name and are trying to start something. This thread does not need the trash talk you are putting in regarding public/private. Both schools have really good teams this year....end of story. You are very shallow on your knowledge of the public/private debate. If you want to talk about that, please go to the public/private debate board. This thread is about the game. Most suporters of both programs that are on this board don't want this thread pulled. :thumb:

You can call me shallow and that's ok? I have read this thread and if anyone has been out of line here it is the BA fans. I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just stating facts. You have no idea what I do and don't know, You might just be suprised, and I doubt you really want to go there, but I will leave this thread, because it isn't worth debating with you or anyone else that is part of the "system"

I know, Ravenwood handed it to us in the finals, congrats. BUT, why would you do the fake punt, that gave up field position? And why go for two after your kids have fought so hard all night, especially at home? Isn't that sort of like the coach saying "I don't think we can beat these guys if we keep playing?"

You can call me shallow and that's ok? I have read this thread and if anyone has been out of line here it is the BA fans. I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just stating facts. You have no idea what I do and don't know, You might just be suprised, and I doubt you really want to go there, but I will leave this thread, because it isn't worth debating with you or anyone else that is part of the "system"

H5, enlighten us as to "what you know and what you don't know" - we wouldn't be surprised - probably with a story about one of the your cousin's friend's next door neighbor's dog walker got a free car and tuition from coach flatt. how are BA fans out of line here, as I have read this, everyone (including Ravenwood fans) have stated opinions and mostly predictions about the game or conclusions on the game. This was a great thread until the private vs. public and all the recruiting stuff got thrown in.

Without your two new players, they lose to Ravenwood and you know it. These boys earned their money and I suspect they will be driving nice cars too. How much did you contribute?

Hfan, you are foolishly detatched from reality. Be glad you write on a message board and not for a paper...you would have been sued for libel by now. Your reckless disregard for the truth is amusing.