Henry County at Dickson County

wingman

Thanks Drewcepus,

Wow, I was guessing it was DC7-3 or close to that. I need to consult those historical archives more often. I think we probably have players who care little about those records. They know HC/DC have a sporting rivalry which makes Friday night more interesting than just an out of Region game. They are living in the present and intend to make their own history and in the process keep that barrel RWB. DC on the other hand feel the same way which is why I see this as another tight game between the two teams.

The YANKER prefers to live a life where REALITY is important. Therefore, the past is important when trying to predict the future. As I stated earlier, most are not on the same wavelength as the YANKER, and even though the YANKER often gets frustrated, the YANKER understands that the YANKER lives in a world that few of you can understand...but UNDERSTAND this my friends...I am the YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did't last years game have some turnovers and penalties with good line play from both teams? I remember game was postponed due to storm and played on Saturday. Do you know if Dickson is returning much of their starting OL and DL?

They last few years that is what this game has come down to, which line could man handle the other.

Yes, we still looked a little rough around the edges last year at week 1. We also had alot of cramps in that game too. But after watching the Jamboree and Ridgeway games, we are much sharper much earlier in the season this year. I don't know much about DC this year. I heard that they came out with an On The Ball mag for Middle Tennessee this year and Dickson is in it. May have some information in it. If our D-line comes to play like they did last week, then I think it will be very difficult for them to get any points on the board. And on the other side, it will be up to our O-line to open things up for our talented backfield. And if this happens, we could score several points. I am anxious to see how our KO return team does this week - since we didn't get to see them hardly at all against Ridgeway's kicker!

Yes, we still looked a little rough around the edges last year at week 1. We also had alot of cramps in that game too. But after watching the Jamboree and Ridgeway games, we are much sharper much earlier in the season this year. I don't know much about DC this year. I heard that they came out with an On The Ball mag for Middle Tennessee this year and Dickson is in it. May have some information in it. If our D-line comes to play like they did last week, then I think it will be very difficult for them to get any points on the board. And on the other side, it will be up to our O-line to open things up for our talented backfield. And if this happens, we could score several points. I am anxious to see how our KO return team does this week - since we didn't get to see them hardly at all against Ridgeway's kicker!

RWHS kicker was something to see. Will not be many kicks returned this year.

The YANKER prefers to live a life where REALITY is important. Therefore, the past is important when trying to predict the future. As I stated earlier, most are not on the same wavelength as the YANKER, and even though the YANKER often gets frustrated, the YANKER understands that the YANKER lives in a world that few of you can understand...but UNDERSTAND this my friends...I am the YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you talking about???? :lol:

Be patient and help is on the way for these delusions. :lol:

We are just going to be a little busy this week and the next few after that.

I hope you have insurance, this treatment may be expensive. How is your deductible? :lol:

What are you talking about???? :lol:

Be patient and help is on the way for these delusions. :lol:

We are just going to be a little busy this week and the next few after that.

I hope you have insurance, this treatment may be expensive. How is your deductible? :lol:

Please do not fret "Oh Winged Mass Of Confusion". I hoped, but did not expect you to understand. HC is in shambles. The YANKER can only do so much. There may not be enough help out there.

i think after his visit last week, YANKER wants to be a PATRIOT. i can tell it in his post. he is a PATRIOT WANNA BE!! will you go to the ROCK this Friday or secretly go to DC to see the PATRIOTS? we may let you have sip of what's in the barrel. nah,,,, thats just for old timer like ooooo, wingman, prophet and drewcephus and others i missed.

GO BIG RED!!

and the barrel stays at HC!

It is easy to look at a score and think that the defense played better than the offense but please keep in mind that, it is much more in depth than that.

Our defense did play a good game, but not a great game. Lets think back to field position, our offense started with their back to the wall in all but two possesions. When the offense turned field position around, we would give up a long run and reverse that position. Our offense scored only l7 points, our defense gave up 10 points and our special teams gave up 7 and some momentum. Our defense cold have bailed out our offense and even after the bobbled snap, our defense could have bailed out our special teams, Our offense could have bailed out everybody by scoring 40 but folks it did not happen and it was a combination of all aspects not playing at their best. What I am trying to say is this is still a team game and we do not need to start finger pointing, finger pointing is for losers and folks I have seen and heard all the blaming of the Ridgeway loss I care to. Both the Offense, Defense and special teams could have played better and with all of them playing better we might have won that game. I will agree that our offense has to score more than 7 points, I will disagree that Calvin is not playing up to his potential, did you watch him Friday night, 12-22 passing and he threw the ball away 3-4 times, what might you have said if he had forced it in somewhere and it was intercepted. If Calvin runs for 700 yards against the "sisters of the poor" does that mean he is playing up to his potential. NO NO NO but we did not play the sister of the poor. Do you still think it was just our offense, how many Yards did Mr. Crawford have on us. He had more yards than our offense, does that say more about our offense or more about our defense, sonds about even to me.

Quit try to make excuses and placing blame on anyone other than the team.

Ok, let's get some things straight. This is in response to several people, so please read. I have read my post several times, and I am not going to apologize for someone putting words into my mouth (or post as it may be).

I said that HC offense had to produce more than 7 points...I still think that. They can't expect our defense to hold teams to 6 points or less every game or "bail" them out....so that means that have to put up more than 7 points. Simple enough.

I said that "Calvin has to play up to his potential"...I still think that also. I never said or implied that he wasn't playing good. He is, but I think he is better than good. And I dont think we have seen the best of him, and I mean that as a compliment. When I said he has to play up to his potential, I meant that IN THE FUTURE, for HC to have the kinda season we all are hoping for Calvin HAS to play up to his potential. I DIDNT say he has to START playing up to his potential. He is the senior QB, he is the leader.

And then I even went as far as try and clarify my self and say I AM NOT BLAMING HIM just so someone would not try and create some drama from what I said, and you have the nerve to say I am pointing fingers and blaming. Do you only read the first half of posts? And as far as the coaching from the stands junk, I believe I was one fo the ones who stood up for the coaches when they were threw under the bus on the other thread. I have never got on here and said "I woulda done this" or "they shoulda done that". So that is just ridiculous.

This is a message board, a place where people come to exchange and discuss opinions. I don't intend on running away like others, but niether will I write a novel everytime I post just so someone can't twist and turn what I say to create the drama you have created. If you think I have posted something wrong, ask me about it before you post some foolish response.

I am a HC fan, I'm sticking around. You're picking a fight with the wrong side.

Please do not fret "Oh Winged Mass Of Confusion". I hoped, but did not expect you to understand. HC is in shambles. The YANKER can only do so much. There may not be enough help out there.

Mr.Yanker from what i've read you seem to think jcm "owns" HC. well considering that jcm has yet to play a regular season game and in the preaseason they lost to milan, ya'll might be in for a rude awakening week 8 when you come to Patriot Stadium. Now you might want to watch them play before you make a prediction.But, until that week gets here there is no sense in talking about it.

i think after his visit last week, YANKER wants to be a PATRIOT. i can tell it in his post. he is a PATRIOT WANNA BE!! will you go to the ROCK this Friday or secretly go to DC to see the PATRIOTS? we may let you have sip of what's in the barrel. nah,,,, thats just for old timer like ooooo, wingman, prophet and drewcephus and others i missed.

GO BIG RED!!

and the barrel stays at HC!

While I was impressed with both your team and your crowd, make no mistake, the YANKER will be at the ROCK!!! I hope both teams win and my predictions will come later today. Good to hear from you my "Buttered Beanful" friend.