Greenbrier vs. Lipscomb

GreenbrierCat2

The Greenbrier Bobcats travel to David Lipscomb once again for another round with this great Mustang team. According to "On the Ball" this past week this game was listed as the Number 1 "must watch" game of the season in 3A. Greenbrier has handed Lipscomb it's only loss for two seasons straight, but Lipscomb went on to take the Runner Up slot in last years championship game.

Everyone is excited to see what this week will bring. Let's keep this chat FRIENDLY......what are the best aspects for both sides and how do you think this game will turn out? What say ye??

(Sorry Timbdp to get to this subject before you....we already know your prediction..."Lipscomb wins")

Good luck to both teams! Let the rumblin' begin..

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok being from Robertson Co. of course i want greenbrier to come out on top like always...i went and seen lipscomb play this weekend at vandy against goodpasture and if greenbrier can stop elrod like goodpasture stopped elrod then i think greenbrier can come out with this one. But they still have to score on them to, lipscomb's defence held a very dominant offence in goodpasture to only 20 points so i think that its just like one of those football games where the first to score will win. Elrod isn't as fast as Golden Tate so i think greenbrier can come out and get this W for themselves, the town, and robertson co. baby!!!

Greenbrier-13

Lipscomb-7

With DL already having one game under their belt, playing at home, and with also coming off of a loss..... this is going to make the task all that much tougher for the Cats. But Greenbrier has been in this situation before and I think the Cats will show improvement from Week 0 to Week 1. Greenbrier has traditionally loaded the early schedule with very strong teams which usually pays off later when it matters. DL will be another big step in the learning curve....

Playing at David Lipscomb can be a little nerve-wracking for Greenbrier players who haven't started there before, but I think the fact that the Bobcats have already won two in a row over DL will have just as much affect on the Mustangs psyche. These are both tough defenses, so offense will make the difference in this game. I foresee a low scoring affair, but I think in the end the Bobcats will tack on #3. I hope so anyway.

In the PJPII-Greenbrier game it was obvious that Golden Tate was the difference in the game. Without Tate Greenbrier beats a very good PJPII team. Lipscomb looked out of it the entire night in their loss to Goodpasture. I'm sure McAdams will get that fixed in a hurry. This week?????? For some odd reason I just believe the 'Cats have the Mustangs number right now :thumb:

Greenbrier: 14

Lipscomb: 10

It's going to be a defensive struggle!!!!

In the PJPII-Greenbrier game it was obvious that Golden Tate was the difference in the game. Without Tate Greenbrier beats a very good PJPII team. Lipscomb looked out of it the entire night in their loss to Goodpasture. I'm sure McAdams will get that fixed in a hurry. This week?????? For some odd reason I just believe the 'Cats have the Mustangs number right now :angry:

Greenbrier: 14

Lipscomb: 10

It's going to be a defensive struggle!!!!

I hope you're right but DL being home and coming off of a loss makes me nervous......

Work will prevent me from being there, but this should be a good game.

Did I read on the DL/Goodpasture post that there were some injuries that night?

To hopefully answer your question--

This was posted on the Lipscomb/Goodpasture board message #25:

"Dale Binkley was injured in Lipscomb's first scrimmage against White House. He has a knee injury - not sure exactly when he'll return. That injury really was a tough one for the Mustangs because Binkley is a great OLB, and the injury forced Lipscomb to utilize Matt Elrod on both sides of the ball.

Congrats to Goodpasture. Mustangs should bounce back next week and begin their win streak for 06. "

Following was a message from Vandy1 stating "injuries are not discussed prior to a game".

Guess we'll see whether he plays when we get there.

Edited by EZBeingGreen