CYCLONES GO TO THE CASTLE

cyclone81

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An excellant game was played by TN High. A well disiplined team that executes there assignments with reckless abandon. They get after you and if you back down as the Cyclones did as a team tonight, they will bend you over. At this point in the season, I would say that the Vikings are the class of the MLC and would also point out that this is a very weak 4A conference. And that is not meant to take away anything from TN High. They are well coached, but I am still fond of their team of a couple of years ago.

On the other hand, Elizabethton doesn't have a clue and has no heart as a team. They are disorganized and don't execute there assignments. Blocks are consistantly missed and they tackle poorly. They seem to have no pride as several of them came out of the second half locker room cutting up and laughing. No pride. Some think they are too good to be led and are in their own little world. That world is crumbling and this team will be a far stretch to make the playoffs barring a miracle turnaround. I hate it for a few that lay it on the line for one another. There just aren't enough of you. This team needs a motivator and quick. 0-3 / 0-1 conference.......I hope it's not too late. More of an effort was seen in the 3rd quarter but the execution was still not there but there was at least somewhat of an effort. Also, play calling was better in the second hald for an athletic team vs a power team. We had no quick out passes, no slants and no screens in the first half. The defensive plan was a flop as I was afraid of with the double tight set of TN High. Left too much running room if the line broke. Saw that coming before the game.

Bottom line.......I listened to excuses after the game and excuses get you no where. Corrections in disipline and attitude, that should have already been made preseason, are a must. Coaches must be respected and player leaders must be able to lead also. It's a mess. Let me in that locker room :D

Edited by GLee

Tennessee 35 Elizabethton 6

The score wasn't as close as I expected it to be. Tennessee played a pretty good game overall. Preston Smith was injured in the 2nd quarter, hope he's ok.

Preston is ok. He went into the game with a tender right knee from SH now he has a very tender left ankle on a tough hard sack. He'll be back on the field. His pride is bruised which probably hurts him worse than anything.

Good job by the Vikings. Congradulations........especially to my friend Wil Scheuer.

An excellant game was played by TN High. A well disiplined team that executes there assignments with reckless abandon. They get after you and if you back down as the Cyclones did as a team tonight, they will bend you over. At this point in the season, I would say that the Vikings are the class of the MLC and would also point out that this is a very weak 4A conference. And that is not meant to take away anything from TN High. They are well coached, but I am still fond of their team of a couple of years ago.

On the other hand, Elizabethton doesn't have a clue and has no heart as a team. They are disorganized and don't execute there assignments. Blocks are consistantly missed and they tackle poorly. They seem to have no pride as several of them came out of the second half locker room cutting up and laughing. No pride. Some think they are too good to be led and are in their own little world. That world is crumbling and this team will be a far stretch to make the playoffs barring a miracle turnaround. I hate it for a few that lay it on the line for one another. There just aren't enough of you. This team needs a motivator and quick. 0-3 / 0-1 conference.......I hope it's not too late. More of an effort was seen in the 3rd quarter but the execution was still not there but there was at least somewhat of an effort. Also, play calling was better in the second hald for an athletic team vs a power team. We had no quick out passes, no slants and no screens in the first half. The defensive plan was a flop as I was afraid of with the double tight set of TN High. Left too much running room if the line broke. Saw that coming before the game.

Bottom line.......I listened to excuses after the game and excuses get you no where. Corrections in disipline and attitude, that should have already been made preseason, are a must. Coaches must be respected and player leaders must be able to lead also. It's a mess. Let me in that locker room :thumb:

NOW THAT’S DEEP!!!! It will take me a while to digest that……..just give me a moment.

I’d like to say that this was not the same Elizabethton team that I have seen for two weeks straight. There was something missing?????????? I can’t help but think that this team has been overwhelmed! This should have been a better game than it was. I feel the distance in the score doesn’t represent the players on the field…but the difference in the schedules. Don’t get me wrong…Stubbs and staff did a superb job in preparing for Smith…and the Vikings on the field executed that plan, almost to the T!

But………...in my opinion this would have been a CLASSIC if it were the second game of the season for both teams. NOW YOU TAKE IT FROM THERE………. :rolleyes:

That’s for the Betsy hopefuls…this is for the Viking clan.

WAY TO REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i guess tonight showed the one's who think preston should be moved. Elizabethton would not have a team. Preston Is th LEADER of that team and should be the quarterback no questions asked. As a matter of fact he should have been the qback for the last two years. Very talented young man, who gives 100% for the TEAM. What I have noticed is the cyclones are not playing as a TEAM. Too much fighting with themselves. You cannot have I's and Me's on the team, and have kids that disrespect other players, and coaches. The younger players need to listen to the leaders of the team, without putting in their 2 cents. Hard play will prove your ability, your mouth will not. The Offensive line has been awful. But is this the kids? or lack of coaching knowledge? I don't know because I don't go watch to see what they are taught. I do know that I have never seen a team that pulls both backside guard and tackle on a dive play, and doesn't run the power I. The line is getting the blame for a lot of missed blocks from the runningbacks. Pay atention before that well known scream comes out of your mouth "you linemen need to block" I heard it all night, and the ones making the play were players who were left unblocked by the line for a back to pick up. Alot of missed blocks by all, not just the line. Tn High was a well prepared team for the offense Etown has. they will definately give the Hill a game. Glad we have next week off will be one to watch. Hope Peston is Ok I'm sure this won't keep a tough kid like him down. I heard someone say "he was just discouraged and had enough" well those who know me know I can't keep my mouth shut. I'll tell you all that is the toughest kid on that team. there is no quit in him I saw him on the side lines trying to signal in the play when Wes was confused. Can' t afford to lose another leader. Hutch was one that led by example. played hard, and never run his mouth, the kind of kids you like to coach. enough said. Time to regroup and play the rest of the season like it is the last game of your life.... Hope Wendell is OK another tough kid.

GO CYCLONES.. and for those who didn't play this year, I'm dissapointed...

Why on 3rd and 37 do you have 10 guys on the line? Nothing else needs to be said.

Read my post. That was the defensive game plan when TN High was in a 'tight' formation. It put the players in a bad spot if blocked up front and TN High does one thing because of disipline..........execute. Not as talented as some of thier other teams but coaching is paying off. Good team.

And Cap, good point. After having DB & SH back to back, it is hard to look forward to an always good TN High. The thinking on that was quality preparation before MLC play but it's not looked too good the last two years. I dunno.........

We might want some better prep in early preseason scrimmages?

Hey, if we can't see where we are lacking from those three games and make the proper corrections we are in trouble for the rest of the season. The Cylcones have the week off to get this done. The show ain't over but there are some trully tough teams left to play. Make corrections, put some disipline in thier hearts, and learn to execute and listen or be ready to sit. If leadership isn't ready to do this they need to pack their bags and that is all I'll say on here concerning leadership.

I also hope 80 is OK. He gives it all. :unsure:

Just a little food for thought from a Sullivan South lineman.....

"You play physical and you play tough. You do your job and depend on the guy next to you to do his job. That's how we play as a team by depending on each other."

well said, Maybe the cyclone coach's can put that on every players locker. There's not an I in TEAM