Lake Co at Union City

mrbigster

Do u not realize that almost all of union city's players played both ways all game also, i am one of the few that just mainly play offense, but most of my teammates never come off the field,Lake County played hard but we just made a comeback and got them, i'm sure we will all be talking about the game for the rest of our lives and im proud to say that i was a part of it

I thought u said u played for SF? Call me stupid but it seems like ur just a

bull#$%#er that doesnt know what he is talking about.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the comment "we all know the better team did not win"...How do you figure???....Lake County outscored Union City 21-0 in the first half...Union City outscored the Falcons 31-7 in the second half and overtime..Which is more important??The first half because Lake County was the team in the lead??...Or the second half where Union City won the game??...Lake County had the game won but we all know you got to play two halves.....On paper there was no doubt that Lake County had the edge in experience and probably the edge in the skill position players...But,the simple fact of the matter is Union City won the football game...Union City won the football game last year....So,who does that make the better team???...I'd have to say Union City....

I thought u said u played for SF? Call me stupid but it seems like ur just a

bull#$%#er that doesnt know what he is talking about.

Now there is no need to use that kind of language on here....

johnnyutah7 is right though. UC may have had 60 players standing on the sidelines and LC only had 30, but (as someone else has already mentioned) each team would run in 3 different players from offense to defense. Either way...the only people that matter are the ones who are playing, and UC's 11 players outplayed LC's 11 players in the 2nd half..that is all there is to it.

Wow, it takes a lot of guts to lose to someone and then talk about how you are better than them. Union City is obviously the better team because they are more conditioned, have more heart, and they have playmakers that make plays in big situations. Lake County really showed how much fight they had when UC came back and tied the game and most of the Lake County defense WALKED off the field after the extra point.........Never show your opponent signs of weakness they will exploit it.

Crow2006: Yeh it takes alot of guts and that is what LC is made of. LC is the better team and if you were there you seen it for yourself. The only difference is UC coach made adjustments in the 2nd half and LC didn't. Defense to return a punt instead of punt return? Hum!!! Not a players fault. Springer should of not been put in on 4th down to return the punt. By the way, the defense is supposed to WALK off the field after the extra point because it was time for the kick off return to go into the game. How stupid in you. There is not sign of weakness in Lake County football and never will be. The only reason you say all this trash is because your just stupid. Did Martin Westview see your weakness last week?? I did. Stick around for the rest of the story. LC will put Friday night behind them and focus on Fulton Co. Never under estimate the power and pride of the Green & Gold. Don't let your mouth over load you boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crow2006: Yeh it takes alot of guts and that is what LC is made of. LC is the better team and if you were there you seen it for yourself. The only difference is UC coach made adjustments in the 2nd half and LC didn't. Defense to return a punt instead of punt return? Hum!!! Not a players fault. Springer should of not been put in on 4th down to return the punt. By the way, the defense is supposed to WALK off the field after the extra point because it was time for the kick off return to go into the game. How stupid in you. There is not sign of weakness in Lake County football and never will be. The only reason you say all this trash is because your just stupid. Did Martin Westview see your weakness last week?? I did. Stick around for the rest of the story. LC will put Friday night behind them and focus on Fulton Co. Never under estimate the power and pride of the Green & Gold. Don't let your mouth over load you boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope we play yall again in the playoffs because i cheer for all of our region opponents except when they play us, we need to appreciate eachother for having in my opinion the best region in 1a football, we dont have to hate eachother all the time just during the game, i really hope we see yall again sometime in the playoffs, good luck the rest of the year

You need to get over yourself. Lake County was not the better team. If they were the better team, they would have won. Union City put a spankin' on yall last year, then lost 20 something seniors, and still beat you. Also, Union City's best running back (bracey) only got the ball 5 times the whole game. Stop thinking Lake County is the best football team on the planet, because appearantly, they AREN'T. Accept the fact that Lake County lost Friday and won't be #1 in the region.

In 1994, Lake County lost to Bruceton by 3 points in Week 2. Bruceton went on to win the region, and LC was second. The two teams met again in the playoffs, and LC ran all over them, 35-14. So this sort of thing isn't exactly unprecedented.

This season is NOT OVER. There are still eight games to be played, none bigger than Week 8 against McKenzie (although you can't overlook anyone, etc., etc.) And as long as Lake County's players realize that, I still like their chances to go a long way.

I'm tired of hearing the people on BOTH SIDES talk about who the better team is. It DOES NOT MATTER who the better team is in Week 2. What matters is who is the better team in Week 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15.

Edited by bigwes68

This is how this is UC beat LC 31-28 thax wat happened. The game is over everybody just needs to drop all the talk bout who is the best because in my eyes neither team is the best because they are not state champs......i dont even count STATE RUNNER-UP. Both teams jus need to get ready for the rest of the season and maybe if both teams play like they can play they will meet up in the play-offs. Best of luck to UC,LC, and the rest of region 7-1A.

Crow2006,

As a player from LC I want to set the record straight. If I remember correctly, it was 4th and 1 or 2 when UC punted and Springer made that "pee-wee" mistake as you call it. As I said, I want to set the record straight. Springer is not LC punt returner. That role is occupied by #5 Yancy and #15 Valentine. The call was for defense to remain on the field. Springer does not get reps in the return game and you can't blame him for trying to make something happen in the heat of battle. Bottom line, Brandon Springer did NOT lose the game for LC. We win as a team, we lost as a team. I give UC credit, they did not lay down after trailing 21-0 at the half. But as we all know, the best team did not win. Now UC and LC are both 1-1, and don't be surprised if our paths cross again. GO FALCONS!

AINT THAT THE TRUTH . IT HURTS BUBBA, BUT THE FACT IS THAT WE LOST THAT GAME. IT WASNT THE STRIPES, THE COACHES, OR THE FANS. IT WAS THE POOR PLAY DURING THE SECOND HALF OF THE GAMEW. WE GAVE THEM HOPE, AND GAVE UP, AND THEY SCORED 31 POINTS IN THE SECOLND HALF TO BEAZT US. THEY DIDNT GIVE UP, AND THEY GAVE 110% FOR THE ENTIRE SECOND HALF.

Let me say this about the Union City - Lake County Game. First, I was there for every play and will say myself along with everyone else at the game that Union City was done come half time. But, what everyone didn't realize is that the game plan for Union City was to keep Lake county under 21 at the half and U C knew they could win by watching the films. Union City's defense did just what the coach ask for. This was a Lake County 1st half and a Union City 2nd half. The difference was/is in the game - conditioning / lack of subs. UNION CITY completely wore down the Lake County team. You can't go far in the season or playoffs with the amount of players that played that game for L C ( 15 Total ). Union City will have trouble against Milan( and they should ) and if they play like they did in the second half might just beat the Rebels. Union City is very young and the #7 is young and not much experience so he is going to make mistakes. Four things for the win : #7 ( White ) , #30 ( Flood ), U C Defense and the team NEVER gave up. Go U C. Season predictions ( Wins / losses ) 8 - 2 or 7 - 3

Wow. LC makes it acceptable to walk on the field. Payers should never ever walk on the field. Thats the attitude that gets you beat. And don't say springer shouldn't have been put in that situation. Ask the youngest lineman on uc's team and he will tell you to get away from the dang ball. Common sense not reps in practice. But thats 4 days ago.

Predictions-Lake County holds off a late Fulton County charge.

Milan comes from behind in the 3rd quarter to prevent the upset.