South Pitt and Lookout Valley

Sp_Prince

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SP will beat FCS and advance to the Semifinal Round, and guess who won't be there "Coalfied".

Be VERY careful what you ask for piratetom! Cause you might not like it nearly as much when you actually get a taste of it!

Looking forward to seing you guys come to Lebanon this year, especially after our visit to your fine town last year!

Can't wait to see you guys up close and in person. Both teams better not look that far ahead with teams like Watertown, Gordonsville, Temple, Hartsville all in line before we might meet!

Imagine the pirates having to play 3 of these 4 consecutively in playoffs FC, Gordonsville, Hartsville, Watertown!!!

Look for three of these Region 4 - 1A teams to be ranked in the AP top 10 this week. The only one that won't be would be TC and anyone who knows anything about Coach Satterfiled and TC will know that his team will improve and fight till their last breath come week 11 until Murfreesboro. After all they have a few injuries and key players hurt right now that will be itching to play come November.

Imagine going 10-0 winning Region 3 and having to play defending state champ TC in round one of the playoffs with a healthy roster and several well rested players with nothing to lose and a State Championship title to defend. I pity whomever draws TC's wrath come play-off time!!!!!!!!

Can anyone tell me what happened to Lookout Valley

They had some athletes last year, and I believe they only had 3 or 4 seniors.

I figured they would be tough this year. What's the problem?

Well, those 3 or 4 seniors were a big loss to the team. But the problem in this game tonight was mainly the quick start by the Pirates. They returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown. Lookout Valley fumbled and on the first play from scrimmage South Pittsburg scored again. Lookout Valley kept turning the ball over and South Pittsburg kept making them pay. It was 21 - 0 before people got in their seats and it was all down hill for Lookout Valley after that. The Scruggs kid for the Yellow Jackets looked good though. I don't think he had many yards tonight as South Pittsburg shut him down but he showed signs of good things. Really he was the only bright spot for the Yellow Jackets tonight. With better blocking for him Lookout Valley could make some noise again this year.

Imagine the pirates having to play 3 of these 4 consecutively in playoffs FC, Gordonsville, Hartsville, Watertown!!!

Look for three of these Region 4 - 1A teams to be ranked in the AP top 10 this week. The only one that won't be would be TC and anyone who knows anything about Coach Satterfiled and TC will know that his team will improve and fight till their last breath come week 11 until Murfreesboro. After all they have a few injuries and key players hurt right now that will be itching to play come November.

Imagine going 10-0 winning Region 3 and having to play defending state champ TC in round one of the playoffs with a healthy roster and several well rested players with nothing to lose and a State Championship title to defend. I pity whomever draws TC's wrath come play-off time!!!!!!!!

Most likely we will draw TC in the first round, however, the kids we have are sophmores and juniors and are not part of that TC/SP playoff rivalry. Our kids will play their hearts out just like every game, and in the end become victorious. Healthy players won't matter. It might make it close, but will not affect our team speed. FCS will be tough, as was last year's game. Good Luck to both teams.

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

SP will beat FCS and advance to the Semifinal Round, and guess who won't be there "Coalfied".

Don't put the cart ahead of the horse because for all you know, it could be COALFIELD in the semis with South Pitt getting put out in the 3rd round. I apprecaite the fact that you have faith in the local football team, but the fact of the matter is South Pitt isn't going to be able to beat FCS. Heck, I don't think ANYONE will beat FCS.