WaCo Jaco's Top Ten?

recruitguru

:thumb: Heyyyy WaCo, did you do your top ten this year? I think I missed it.

Here is a copy of rankings that came out yesterday from tricitiessports

Indians, Trojans Ride High in Rankings; South Falls

TriCitiesSports.com

August 28, 2006

Dobyns-Bennett lived up to expectations, and then some, last week and held on to its No. 1 spot in the TriCitiesSports.com NET rankings, but Sullivan South took a tumble based on its poor showing in what was expected to be a close game against the Indians.

Here are this week's Top 10 for Northeast Tennessee:

1. Dobyns-Bennett (2-0): Indians are up to No. 2 in the state in the Sonny Moore Class 5A rankings -- second only to Oak Ridge. They put a whipping on the Rebels, but face a tough task at Knox Bearden this week, which has scored 47 and 31 points in two wins to open the season. This Week: at Knox Bearden on Friday.

2. Morristown West (1-0): The Trojans opened with a 44-15 whipping of Swain County, N.C., and followed with a 36-7 rout of Jefferson County. They are up to No. 7 in the state among 4A teams in Sonny Moore's ratings. This week: Volunteer on Friday.

3. Science Hill (2-0): The Hilltoppers beat a good Elizabethton team, 21-7 and showed they are for real. They get a week off to enjoy that victory. This week: idle. Next game is at Tennessee High on Sept. 8.

4. Tennessee High (1-0): Solid opening win over Virginia High, 34-7. They are No. 9 in 4A by Sonny Moore, but will be tested this week with a good Elizabethton team coming to town. This week: Elizabethton on Friday.

5. Sevier County (1-1): Snapped back from an opening-week loss at William Blount to spank Knox Halls, 34-6. That allows them to move up one spot in the is week's ranking. This Week: at Knox Karns, Friday.

6. Sullivan South (1-1): The beating had to be as bad mentally as it was physically and the Rebels need to regroup and get back on track Friday at Sullivan Central. Curt Phillips is a talent, but needs protection from his offensive line, if he is going to realize his ability. He had little time to operate against D-B. This week: at Sullivan Central on Friday.

7. Daniel Boone (1-0): The Trailblazers are reloading and got off to a fast start with a 26-7 victory over South Greene. They'll be tested, however, Friday. This week: at Greeneville on Friday.

8. Greeneville (1-0): Greene Devils got off to a 16-0 victory against Anderson County at last week, but will have their hands full with Boone. This Week: Daniel Boone at home on Friday.

9. Morristown East (1-0): The Hurricanes beat a good Knox Karns team last week, 20-16. They have a dangerous assignment this week against upstart David Crockett. This Week: David Crockett at home Friday.

10. Sullivan North (1-0): You beat No. 10 and you become No. 10. Raiders have a chance to go 2-0 this week when they host Sullivan East, which was upset at home by David Crockett, 18-14, last week. This week: Sullivan East at home, Friday.

Others to watch: Cherokee, Johnson County, Hampton.

Rankings by Ron Bliss, Editor of TriCitiesSports.com and high school sports reporter.

Edited by recruitguru

AWWWWW C'mon. I havent seen alot of the razor wit this year. I was out of a computer last year so i am making up for it this year lol. Hey lookit our join dates you are 3 days behind me. Man we have been here almost since the beginning lol. You are up on me on posts tho lol.

Edited by recruitguru

• 14 years later...
1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

How about we get this going again, huh??

I'll check with my staff and see if they can get the diesel engine fired up on the computerized score calculator. Even if it will fire up it will take a few days to synchronize it with todays date, I don't even know if it can be done if Covid wins and loses have to be figured in,  It has to be 100% correct you know.

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'll check with my staff and see if they can get the diesel engine fired up on the computerized score calculator. Even if it will fire up it will take a few days to synchronize it with todays date, I don't even know if it can be done if Covid wins and loses have to be figured in,  It has to be 100% correct you know.

May have to factor in a Y2K coefficient as well, but still would like to see this happening if possible...

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Looking forward to getting something 100% correct……. Before, during and after I look at it. Entertaining with great commentary.