Dobyns-Bennett @ Oak Ridge

OakRidgeCat

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the extra game, I think the Indians have an advantage, plus they just have more experienced players. Oak Ridge makes a lot of mistakes, something that will kill them against a disciplined team ... I think we all know coach Clark will have that.

It's not Friday, so I can't make a prediction yet, but there could be a U-haul in my driveway when the paper comes out.

Dang Tank, nice to know your supporting Oak Ridge. I thought OR did a much better job in week 2 and had a lot fewer mistakes. Improvement comes each week. The game at Bradley Central had a lot of outside influences (refs) or it would have been a lot worse. I think the refs called eleven flags on Oak Ridge and only one on Bradely Central, gimme a break.

Paul Bingham was a man on a mission last night and he will get better. The players are not yet to 100% effort, but they made great strides from week one to week two. Pick it up OR and give the Tribe all they want and more.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL! :thumb:

Surely you don't doubt my support of Oak Ridge?

I just have a duty, as a low-paid sports writer to pick 'em as I see 'em. Of course, it's not Friday, have to attend a few practices, check out the injury information, look at the stats of the DB/Bearden game, as well as other DB opponents, there is no telling what will happen between now and Friday.

Dang Tank, nice to know your supporting Oak Ridge. I thought OR did a much better job in week 2 and had a lot fewer mistakes. Improvement comes each week. The game at Bradley Central had a lot of outside influences (refs) or it would have been a lot worse. I think the refs called eleven flags on Oak Ridge and only one on Bradely Central, gimme a break.

Paul Bingham was a man on a mission last night and he will get better. The players are not yet to 100% effort, but they made great strides from week one to week two. Pick it up OR and give the Tribe all they want and more.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL! :thumb:

Surely you don't doubt my support of Oak Ridge?

I just have a duty, as a low-paid sports writer to pick 'em as I see 'em. Of course, it's not Friday, have to attend a few practices, check out the injury information, look at the stats of the DB/Bearden game, as well as other DB opponents, there is no telling what will happen between now and Friday.

I'll bet the Oak Ridger covers their Wildcats better than the Kingsport paper covers the local teams (ie. more loyal). The DB vs Bearden game didn't even make page 1 of the sports section - back inside listed under "from staff reports" - meaning that they didn't send anyone and listend to the radio to get their info. A real bunch of clowns running that paper.

Even the game between two local teams (South vs. Central) was relegated second to a game up in southwest Virginia. Amazing! The SW VA game got the color pictures and headline story. I think the South/Central game should have been #1 and the DB/Bearden game should have made the front page of the sports section.

So don't aggravate Mr. Tank too much. I'll bet he sees to it that the Wildcats get prime billing no matter how good they look early on. <_<

...... but there could be a U-haul in my driveway when the paper comes out.

You most certainly are free to pick 'em as you see them, however in your unique position your words mean a lot to the team, and the community. It doesn't mean we have to agree or even like your picks. You know what I mean from your quote above.

Your coverage of the teams in the area is without question one of the best in Tennessee.

As for me, I pick OR over DB in a very hard fought battle on the 'Ship! :blink:

This team is working harder at each practice, their improvement from week 1 to week 2 was strong, the coaches know their strengths and weaknesses and how to make it happen. ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

I think DB has this one won also. One of the reaons the bearden game was so close was waaay to many mistakes. Very uncharectaristic of DB. 12 penalties? 3 fumbles? This cant happen against OR or it wont be so pretty. this will be one of the biggest games of the season. Coach Clark was quoted as saying it's big but not as big as the one they just one (conf. game) but this will give alot of momentum to either DB or OR. Or has a decent region this year to compete in especially Ooltewah who looks like have a fairly good run O. anyway away from the rambing I got DB winning this one 27-21