Katie Hunter Tournament

xqqqqme

I'm not sure what you're asking. All teams in KH tourney get 4 games.

The 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th place in 2nd division played 13th, 14th, 15th, & 16th in top division respectively.

At least that's how it was supposed to be before tournament organizers had to shuffle teams due to the situation with Farragut & Oak Ridge.

Since my earlier post, I've heard different stories about why the two teams didn't want to play each other, so I can't say if it was Farragut or Oak Ridge that didn't want the game, or if it was a mutual agreement.

Either way, they really messed up the schedule by making the change, so some of the matchups got changed to accomodate.

same reason they play onenother and their in the same district

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same reason they play onenother and their in the same district

Oh, I didn't realize that. I only heard bits & pieces regarding the OR-Farragut matchup. I wouldn't even try to speculate on the reasoning behind any others that were changed as a result.

I think they should have just stuck to their schedule & played the games regardless of district. I heard that some were pretty upset about how things were handled. I hope that Oak Ridge organizers learn a valuable lesson from this weekend.

I dunno but I heard refs were horrible and Siegel got 5 cards and one was a red, Shelton got one as well.

The red was a "soft" red. Shelton and two players got yellows in the first 5 min. None of which were deserved. The guy who gave the majority of the cards was the same guy who gave all of the cards in the Siegel -Greeneville game last year at Katie Hunter.

Hendersonville looked tired, they had played Oak Ridge the night before. Siegel wasn't in much better shape, they were tired and beat up as well. Siegel converted their chances, Hendersonville didn't.

I'm not sure what you're asking. All teams in KH tourney get 4 games.

The 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th place in 2nd division played 13th, 14th, 15th, & 16th in top division respectively.

At least that's how it was supposed to be before tournament organizers had to shuffle teams due to the situation with Farragut & Oak Ridge.

Since my earlier post, I've heard different stories about why the two teams didn't want to play each other, so I can't say if it was Farragut or Oak Ridge that didn't want the game, or if it was a mutual agreement.

Either way, they really messed up the schedule by making the change, so some of the matchups got changed to accomodate.

What ever the reason, calling the CCHS coach at 1:30a.m to tell her to have her team ready to play at 9:30 that Sunday morning is totally unprofessional and obviously a disadvantage to the girls playing. Had they known they had an early morning game instead of an afternoon game, they would have spent their Sat. night differently. Plus, it is a terrible feeling having the phone ring in the middle of the night. Who goes back to sleep easily after being awaken in the middle of the night in that manner. This tournament needs to be ran better. Teams spend a lot of money and time coming to play over the three day weekend.

What ever the reason, calling the CCHS coach at 1:30a.m to tell her to have her team ready to play at 9:30 that Sunday morning is totally unprofessional and obviously a disadvantage to the girls playing. Had they known they had an early morning game instead of an afternoon game, they would have spent their Sat. night differently. Plus, it is a terrible feeling having the phone ring in the middle of the night. Who goes back to sleep easily after being awaken in the middle of the night in that manner. This tournament needs to be ran better. Teams spend a lot of money and time coming to play over the three day weekend.

i am going too see shelbyville tomorrow night so i will find out what happened

hendersonville 2, greeneville 1. hard fought match. very physical. greeneville hit post 2x and h'ville scored on blown offsides call w/ 2 ref system

It is a shame that a tourny as important as this as evidenced by the quality of the teams attending would not have 3 refs at any of the games. In all the games I watched rarely was the ref in position to make a proper off-side call. At best they could make a dubious intelligent guess. The girls on most of these teams are way too fast to make any accurate call from 10-15 yards up field from the last defender. If it's a cost issue then I'm sure the teams would gladly pay any additonal fees to get the 3rd ref and the call right. If it's a lack of refs then schedule less games.

Edited by Ilovethisgame