Chad Fuhrman 1-27

Cameron Greenway 2-25

Kicking (FG-FGA XP-XPA Pts.)

Craig Roper 0-0 6-6 6

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Wingman what do you think about that T-Town Defense? They held CC to 7 points and that one play was the only offense they generated. They completley shut down a pretty good offensive football team tonight. Have they made you a believer yet? What Say Ye?

scoring yes tullahoma shut down cc but the raiders did have 319 yards so to say they completely shut them down simply isn't true

good game wildcats.... good luck the rest of the season

Edited by 5A football fan

scoring yes tullahoma shut down cc but the raiders did have 319 yards so to say they completely shut them down simply isn't true

good game wildcats.... good luck the rest of the season

OK. The CC offense was extremely unimpressive against T-Town's Defense.

T-Towns Defense dominated them. T-Town's D made big stops all game long. How ever you want to put it - you choose. Unless you seen a different game than I did.

OK. The CC offense was extremely unimpressive against T-Town's Defense.

T-Towns Defense dominated them. T-Town's D made big stops all game long. How ever you want to put it - you choose. Unless you seen a different game than I did.

Good Luck Raiders - hope you have a succelsful season and do well in your region.

OK Wingman what do you think about that T-Town Defense? They held CC to 7 points and that one play was the only offense they generated. They completley shut down a pretty good offensive football team tonight. Have they made you a believer yet? What Say Ye?

LOL...my statement was T-Town's D was their weak point and it still is. Look at last week's game. You haven't played many teams with a good offense. CC moved the ball well early on....had some questionable play calling that cost them.

I have always said only a few coaches in Midd Tn are better than Olive

Huge rivalry game. Cofffe Co (1-2) goes to Tullahoma (1-1). Raiders should be able to score on T-Town's D. Tullahoma can put up points. Coffee Co has a chance providing they protect the ball (they had too many turnovers against Cookeviile) and their special teams play better. Should be another large crowd.

They should'nt have even scored the one. We missed read an inside trap play had a broken tackle and the RB was gone.

You're right about Olive. I may add his caoaching staff does a great job too. CC's players did not lose the game - their coaches did not give them a chance. They looked like they never saw T-Town on film or never new what Barnes and the rest of the offense was capable of. Offensivley they had the athletes but T-Town's defensive play calling was one step ahead of them on ever play. I don't want to be too harsh on their coaches but I never saw anything like it. They matched up with us well but it looked like they did not prepare at all. The coaches need to regroup and do some serious soul searching.

They should'nt have even scored the one. We missed read an inside trap play had a broken tackle and the RB was gone.

You're right about Olive. I may add his caoaching staff does a great job too. CC's players did not lose the game - their coaches did not give them a chance. They looked like they never saw T-Town on film or never new what Barnes and the rest of the offense was capable of. Offensivley they had the athletes but T-Town's defensive play calling was one step ahead of them on ever play. I don't want to be too harsh on their coaches but I never saw anything like it. They matched up with us well but it looked like they did not prepare at all. The coaches need to regroup and do some serious soul searching.

CC had chances to socre early on..some very questionable play calling by CC when they got close.

CC had chances to socre early on..some very questionable play calling by CC when they got close.

I only recall one significant drive - the opening one. And that was because they lost their co-captain linebacker on the first play and were scrambling to make adjustments.

I won't be too harsh on their coaches in this forum - but they have some work to do all the way around. Some of them had their hats on backwards as they inspected the field before the game. That alone sent a strong message to me on what their all about. But maybe I'm not "hip".

Obvioulsy I still havent' convinced you on the defense but I will before the year's out. However, what do you think about thier offense? For me I've seen alot of HS football and Barnes and his recievers are the best I have ever seen (although I know theres better - but I personally have never them). I saw Emitt Smith play HS football - so I'll probably never be able to say I've seen a better runningback/running game.

Speaking of - If T-Town holds Maplewood to 14 points or less will you then say T-Town has a good D?

I only recall one significant drive - the opening one. And that was because they lost their co-captain linebacker on the first play and were scrambling to make adjustments.

I won't be too harsh on their coaches in this forum - but they have some work to do all the way around. Some of them had their hats on backwards as they inspected the field before the game. That alone sent a strong message to me on what their all about. But maybe I'm not "hip".

Obvioulsy I still havent' convinced you on the defense but I will before the year's out. However, what do you think about thier offense? For me I've seen alot of HS football and Barnes and his recievers are the best I have ever seen (although I know theres better - but I personally have never them). I saw Emitt Smith play HS football - so I'll probably never be able to say I've seen a better runningback/running game.

Speaking of - If T-Town holds Maplewood to 14 points or less will you then say T-Town has a good D?

Just to clarify - I was speaking of the CC coaches when I said they have alot of work to do.

T-Town's coaches are great - you'd be hard pressed to find a harder working group.

Funny how history repeats itself at CC. When the team is not as talented as their opponents while getting trounced week in and out, the coach is to blame for his lack of play calling and ability to make things happen. Yet, one big player moves in and the coach is a genius. Given the past history, a few more weeks with this kind of result, there will be a secret faction starting a campaign to have the coach removed. So how can a coach look like a genius one season and then drop to a hack play caller the next? They don't!! Coaches are only as good as the talent around them.....period. It is even more frustrating for a coach with great expectations to deal with a system that does not breed talent underneath. Coaches with higher expectations would self destruct under the conditions presented to them within this system. Changes have been made but obviously not the right changes.

The bottom line is the culture. You have to breed players from underneath. There has to be a system that instills dedication, desire and rewards for exceptional play. It all starts at the bottom which is controlled by the system. With the proper programs in place at the lower levels, the high school program would flourish. Obviously, there is still work to be done. The culture of winning and achieving greatness is still not of the proper importance for CC to get it done. There can only be greatness through desire. Until every parent buys into that mindset willing to pay the total price of time and effort to get their kids to the next level and not expect things to be handed to their child, it will not happen.

Winners can detect other winners and versely losers. Like mindsets draw toward each other just as programs do. Maybe it's time for another look inside to rectify the mindset because you already have the coaching in your high school program. Don't make another mistake by singling out the coach and continue to feed the spiral.

Remember, when play calling looks suspect, take a closer look at the talent before you judge. Most of the time, strange plays are calls due to weaknesses in the team and trying to surprise or play to a strength rather than the coach becoming stupid overnight.