Coffee Co at Tullahoma

wingman10

Funny how history repeats itself at CC. When the team is not as talented as their opponents while getting trounced week in and out, the coach is to blame for his lack of play calling and ability to make things happen. Yet, one big player moves in and the coach is a genius. Given the past history, a few more weeks with this kind of result, there will be a secret faction starting a campaign to have the coach removed. So how can a coach look like a genius one season and then drop to a hack play caller the next? They don't!! Coaches are only as good as the talent around them.....period. It is even more frustrating for a coach with great expectations to deal with a system that does not breed talent underneath. Coaches with higher expectations would self destruct under the conditions presented to them within this system. Changes have been made but obviously not the right changes.

The bottom line is the culture. You have to breed players from underneath. There has to be a system that instills dedication, desire and rewards for exceptional play. It all starts at the bottom which is controlled by the system. With the proper programs in place at the lower levels, the high school program would flourish. Obviously, there is still work to be done. The culture of winning and achieving greatness is still not of the proper importance for CC to get it done. There can only be greatness through desire. Until every parent buys into that mindset willing to pay the total price of time and effort to get their kids to the next level and not expect things to be handed to their child, it will not happen.

Winners can detect other winners and versely losers. Like mindsets draw toward each other just as programs do. Maybe it's time for another look inside to rectify the mindset because you already have the coaching in your high school program. Don't make another mistake by singling out the coach and continue to feed the spiral.

Remember, when play calling looks suspect, take a closer look at the talent before you judge. Most of the time, strange plays are calls due to weaknesses in the team and trying to surprise or play to a strength rather than the coach becoming stupid overnight.

Very well said. Thank You ERA

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Price is the same coach that he was when he came to Coffee Co...biggest difference is that Nunley came with him and now Nunley has graduated.

Coffee will make it to the playoffs in 06. Probably still get 3 wins in the region....the bottom teams in region 3 are very weak.

Edited by wingman10

Price is the same coach that he was when he came to Coffee Co...biggest difference is that Nunley came with him and now Nunley has graduated.

Coffee will make it to the playoffs in 06. Probably still get 3 wins in the region....the bottom teams in region 3 are very weak.

:(Yeah, and the top 3 teams in that region are just plain weak. Coffee County lost that game last night for the same reason they have lost over a hundred games over the past 15 years--Manchester just isn't any good. Like Warren County, they have grown weaker over time while being passed over by newer wealthier schools in the bigger cities. There is strength in the bigger cities. That's true in high school football anywhere.

In Alabama, it's Hoover (Birmingham suburb). In Louisiana, it's Evangel Christian (located in Shreveport).

era you are one to talk about coaches this coaching staff is 10 times better than the last i like your boy but i still say this staff is much, much better so go worry about your team and stay out of it

You totally missed his point, you need to reread his post. It was as much about character and life, than about a football season. Reread it and I think you will understand the point he is trying to make.

[/quote}

The reason for success for CC was not nunley, try playing Sweetwater, Grundy Co., Warren Co., Cumberland Co., Siegal (we were just a first year school) I dont recall other games. He never had any success in big games especially when he showed up here in region 4. :thumb:

You totally missed his point, you need to reread his post. It was as much about character and life, than about a football season. Reread it and I think you will understand the point he is trying to make.

I believe ERA is correct. There is a certain lack of respect for CC football because the community itself is so uncertain about our football program. You could hear it all day yesterday, I know that I did. People were coming in the store saying they "hoped we would win." Only once did I hear someone say we would win. If this is the sentiment in Manchester, then what does that project on to the athletes? We rally around them at the beginning then give up after they lose a game. This is pathetic. Community support helps to build a foundation for the program, and Manchester is an example of the "I'm only a fan when they are winning" idealism. On Friday nights we cheer at the games, then Saturday morning we sit around and talk about how they messed up. That's not a fair assessment. We in the community have to support our athletes. They represent us, just as much as we represent them as fans. If we as fans don't have a winning mindset then that does resonate onto the field. Last night the CC bleachers were silent during the 2nd half and that was upsetting. Then you hear even members of the team saying they didn't expect a win that was heartbreaking. We as a community don't show the support to our football program that we should. Yes there are "Home of a Red Raider fan" signs in town, but are we really? Or are those just for the nights we win?

Also I believe that there is a problem with the two school systems in Manchester. There is a disconnect between Westwood Jr. High and CCCHS. WJH doesn't want to lose 9th graders to the highschool, so they don't let the football program at CCCHS come to talk to the boys about playing. To my knowledge there is only 1 freshman from WJH playing freshman football for CC.

You mean people in Manchester don't expect to win in football. Who knew? I guess after years and years of losing you just hope to win an occasional one.

Price has always had shaky play calling. Its nothing new. He just had two good high school football players when he first arrived in good ole' manchester. You have to go back to the Elam brothers to find anyone close to them in talent. And thats been 6 years.

Coffee Co was outcoached. The Tullahoma coaching staff did an excellent job of preparing the Wildcats for this game.

Binns hit the nail on the head! Coffee County was completly outcoached and coach Price should be embarassed. This was absolutely ridiculous. I'm not trying to make excuses or take anything away from Tullahoma because they have a good solid football team. But somebody please explain to me that when you are spreading the field all season long as Coffee County has and racking up 450 yards of offense a game and 40 points a game or something like that, why do you stop doing that. The Raiders haven't been running the wing-t all season long. They have been basing out of the wing-t but usually running with at least 3 receivers, sometimes four and every once in a while five! For whatever stupid reason, coach price decided he was going to come out and run out of the wing-t and go straight up the middle, even with the Wildcats putting eight men on the line of scrimmage! Heck if Tullahoma lost this game it would've been because they gave it to Coffee County. The gameplan for CC simply made no sense at all. I mean getting into a shootout with Cass Barnes and the t-town offense probably isn't the best of idea's but with the injures on CC's defense, it was the Raiders only chance! I'm seriously starting to believe that Coach Price can't win in Manchester without Jake Nunley. He is just completly illiterate when it comes to calling plays. He needs to get an offensive coordinator in their and let somebody else call the shots, because he cost them this game. I think he owes his players a better effort than what he gave, and he needs to be a little more responsible. I was listening to the radio during the post game interview and he brought up the injuries and stuff, he needs to take a little, well actually he needs to take alot more responsibility for his poor coaching! It wasn't his players fault that they couldn't run up the gut with eight or nine defenders and only five blockers! I mean Tullahoma still may have won even if Coffee County ran their normal offense, but at least it would have been close. I'm not throwing this at the players either, this is directly at Coach Price and his staff! I've seen some bad teams in Manchester over the past 30 years and I've seen some good ones....but on Friday night sitting on the visitor's side in Tullahoma....that was the first time I have ever been embarassed to be a Red Raider football fan.