Coffee Co at Tullahoma

wingman10

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Binns hit the nail on the head! Coffee County was completly outcoached and coach Price should be embarassed. This was absolutely ridiculous. I'm not trying to make excuses or take anything away from Tullahoma because they have a good solid football team. But somebody please explain to me that when you are spreading the field all season long as Coffee County has and racking up 450 yards of offense a game and 40 points a game or something like that, why do you stop doing that. The Raiders haven't been running the wing-t all season long. They have been basing out of the wing-t but usually running with at least 3 receivers, sometimes four and every once in a while five! For whatever stupid reason, coach price decided he was going to come out and run out of the wing-t and go straight up the middle, even with the Wildcats putting eight men on the line of scrimmage! Heck if Tullahoma lost this game it would've been because they gave it to Coffee County. The gameplan for CC simply made no sense at all. I mean getting into a shootout with Cass Barnes and the t-town offense probably isn't the best of idea's but with the injures on CC's defense, it was the Raiders only chance! I'm seriously starting to believe that Coach Price can't win in Manchester without Jake Nunley. He is just completly illiterate when it comes to calling plays. He needs to get an offensive coordinator in their and let somebody else call the shots, because he cost them this game. I think he owes his players a better effort than what he gave, and he needs to be a little more responsible. I was listening to the radio during the post game interview and he brought up the injuries and stuff, he needs to take a little, well actually he needs to take alot more responsibility for his poor coaching! It wasn't his players fault that they couldn't run up the gut with eight or nine defenders and only five blockers! I mean Tullahoma still may have won even if Coffee County ran their normal offense, but at least it would have been close. I'm not throwing this at the players either, this is directly at Coach Price and his staff! I've seen some bad teams in Manchester over the past 30 years and I've seen some good ones....but on Friday night sitting on the visitor's side in Tullahoma....that was the first time I have ever been embarassed to be a Red Raider football fan.

Well then, why don't you pick another team to be a fan of? I'm sure they would love to have someone as loyal as you to support them.

i didn't read all of era's post but i still thing you really have to look at all of the injuries coffee county has. i'm not making any excuses tullahoma flat-out whipped manchester last night that is a given, and people don't need to blame the coaches as much because there is the losing attitude in manchester when it comes to football.

the middle school and freshman and westwood teams are all undefeated so maybe that will change only time will tell.

also i was not trying to bash the last coaching staff though i admit i have before i was just saying that this one is better and it is anyone has to admit that, you can say that we only win the "easy" games but before price got here we didn't even win them.

good luck to tullahoma the rest of the year and raiders lets forget about them and go beat cumberland county

i didn't read all of era's post and i'm sorry about that.

but i still say this coaching staff is better than the last, you can say we only win the "easy" games but before price we didn't even win those.

their is a losing mentality in machester but coffee middle, westwood, and the freshman team are all undefeated so maybe that will change.

good luck to tullahoma the rest of the year and raiders put this one behinde you, believe it or not cumberland county is much more important than tullahoma

i didn't read all of era's post and i'm sorry about that.

but i still say this coaching staff is better than the last, you can say we only win the "easy" games but before price we didn't even win those.

their is a losing mentality in machester but coffee middle, westwood, and the freshman team are all undefeated so maybe that will change.

good luck to tullahoma the rest of the year and raiders put this one behinde you, believe it or not cumberland county is much more important than tullahoma

Coffee will win easliy over the Jets. I hate to see it, but the Jets are not a very good team. I hope Coach Price does not run up the score.

I was so frustrated with the CC coaching staff that I avoided this site for a couple of days, but many here are wrong about CC's talent. Does CC have talented players? Yes, plenty. The problem here is the coaching staff. Well, mostly Price. After watching Coach Price for a few years, I have noticed that he is and always has been an aggressive coach. He absolutely hates to play the field position game and he has no patience. He sometimes let's early scores by the opposing team get him frustrated where he throws his hands up and calls dumb plays then blames the players for not winning. I am not making excuses for this teams losses. I am reporting what I see every Friday night. I pay close attention to things like play calling and the field position game. In Brentwood, the Raiders opened their playbook and made a comeback to nearly win the game. CC did the same with Shelbyville and Cookeville with the playbook, but had too many penalties and turnovers against the Cavs. At Tullahoma Friday night, Price defeated his own team with very poor playcalling. Eighty to Ninety percent of the plays consisted of a one wide receiver formation that included 3 RBs. Almost 100% of the plays from that formation were runs up the middle via the straight back (Aaron or LeHawkins) or runs to the side via the wing back who came in motion (Goins). They ran this formation constantly and these two plays were the Raider offense. The 2 times that they opened the playbook up with 4 WR or 3 WR sets, they moved the ball and scored on one account. They even scored on a run up the middle by LeHawkins (I believe). The only way that worked was because they spread the defense out with 4 WRs and ran straight up the middle. It doesn't take much of a football guru to tell when there is bad play calling in a game. In this game, it seemed that after the first drive Price just gave up on his play calling. After the half, the Raiders lost an onside kick which was kicked too straight. I understood the reasoning for doing that. You are down 28 to 0 and you need the ball. However, to come right back out after you put some points up and try it again while Tullahoma puts 9 players up at the front to recover an onside kick after the first failed is stupid play calling. I seen one play where Price went for it on 4th and 1 on their own 11 and failed after running with the same formation that they had used all game only this time it was a QB keeper. Price grabbed QB Graham's facemask on the sideline after the play failed holding up one finger screaming at him for not making the play. That was uncalled for. That 4th and 1 would have been converted if they would have used a different formation and anyone who watches any kind of football for a while should know that. You can't win a football game by using to plays back to back throughout. It will not work. Price gets the blame for this loss. It's all on him.

Another thing... Cass Barnes is the real deal when it comes to high school football. I have to give Tullahoma that. I hope to see him playing college ball somewhere. T-town also has a great coaching staff and gameplanning technique. Even if CC would have played their best, it would have been hard to beat Tullahoma. They have more team chemistry and it shows. Good Luck, Tullahoma.

Maybe Price will take a look at the playbook this week and decide to use some of those against the Jets... I guess we will see.