SCIENCE HILL vs. TENNESSEE HIGH

PowrPlus

Cap, you do have some good points but let's not forget some other points to consider. Against Science Hill,121 of the the 231 yards were on the ground (go check tricitiessports.com). Over 100 of the 121 rushing yards were by Smith on scrambles(he didn't play the whole game at TH). Seventy plus of those 231 yards came on the one drive and Betsy wasn't cross midfield but once (maybe twice) the rest of the game. Science Hill's offense did not help the defense and that is an concern going into this game but if The Hill hadn't missed the field goal or even scored a touchdown on the drive that would have put them up two sores an route may have been on. TH jumped on Betsy early and after the second score they seemed to have laid down and after Smith left the game not only did they lose their only rushing option they also lost what seems to be the leader on both sides of the ball. I believe they were more fired up for the Science Hill game and Science Hill's offense didn't attemp an pass until the fourth quarter which kept them in the game. I know the score indicated that Betsy was still in the game but they weren't able to move the ball and really never threaten the game. That might explain why the Betsy fans cleared the stadium with over 4 minutes left the game down by two touchdowns because the game was over.

This game scares me to death because the offensive stats are misleading for Science Hill. All of their scores have either been big plays or started inside the oppnents 30 after an turnover. I'm not sure if they can drive for an win at this point and this game will be a good chance to find out. The Vikings are an very disciplined defense with some good players and I'm not sure that the crossing pattern that Anderson has scored on the past couple of games will be there. I'm sure that the Viking coaching staff has seen the films and know that the vertical game that they saw last year has yet to be seen. I know that they will try to bottle up the option from getting outside and I'm not sure what kind of leaders that are on our offensive side of the ball. I just think that TH will also be facing the best team that they have faced on both sides of the ball. We know that Science Hill's defense can go an whole game can TH's? We know that Science Hill can have the potential for big plays in the passing game, does TH? While they have given up rushing yards, this Science Hill defense hasn't gave up but one more point than the Vikings. I believe that the depth that Science Hill has in the trenches and with the speed positions will be the difference. I think Science Hill can win catch up if they fall behind but not sure with the Vikings. I also believe that this offense has another gear and is still waiting to find it and once this defense has an lead it can be lights out with their speed. It's setting up to be an great game and I'm getting pumped!!!

Toppers by 8

I can agree with this post...except of course the outcome.

I think…for SHHS to win, they will have to stop the ground attack of the Vikings and make them go to the air on defense, and string together some sustaining drives on O to give the defense a rest. For THS to win they will have to stop the big play on defense, and control the tempo of the game on O.

Sorry Glee for using the Betsy boys as a measuring sticks…I will refrain from doing that anymore. Just like PowerP said, there are LOTS of variables and scenarios we could all bring up. The only way to really know is to line um up!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tennessee High's defense has given up 12 points so far this season, but all of those points were given up late in the 4th quarter with mostly sophomore cornerbacks playing. The Hilltopper's have given up 15. Were those extra points due to a safety or fumble by the offense?

I think it's pretty interesting that the starting backs haven't received a lot of carries this season.

In the Elizabethton game:

Howard 5 carries, 1 TD ( 12 carries 2 TD on season)

Strickland 7 carries 1 TD (12 carries 2 TD on season)

Baker 3 carries 0 TD (3 carries on season)

It’s time to put up or shut up. All week long we’ve been hearing about this team to come too the Stone Castle that has superb speed, size, athleticism, better quicker faster linebackers, a much larger meaner D line, and the list goes on…and on…and on… :o

Well…tonight all the talk stops. IT”S SHOWTIME!!!!!! :lol:

And please be men (or women) and keep the excuses to a minimal after the game!! :lol:;):lol:

What can I say? This was one of the best games I've seen in years. I suggest every local fan tune in on Tuesday night to see the replay. It will be on channel 13 and channel 750 for Charter customers. I recommend channel 13 due to better video quality.

Science Hill was flat out scary on offense and defense. #40 and #6 are a threat on every play. The offensive and defensive lines were impressive also.

Tennessee's defense stepped up big tonight. Most of the 2nd half was played deep in Viking territory and they held the Hill to zero 2nd half points.

This game was played with a lot of emotion from both sides. A few Viking players will need to learn to supress those emotions. :thumb: