Franklin at Independence 9/15/06

indyrep

IHS fans are some of the best that I have seen in high school and the IHS announcer does a great job. The IHS quarterback is probably the best in the Region and Coach Smith has done a great job with the tallent he has. I have seen Franklin play twice this year and I think they'll regroup after the week off and win out - obviously IHS is favored to win the region. I noticed during the game that FHS didn't even have a bench during the game, they were sitting on water coolers or sitting on the ground - what's the deal IHS had a three benches - I was just wondering if teams are supposed to take your bench with you? I know every school in Williamson County can afford benches, because every school looks the same and your facilities are awesome. Just a note, if I was the Athletic director at IHS I would charge the fans on the hill outside the stadium you lost about $2000.That would buy you a couple of benches.

Great Game both teams.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eaglesfan, I believe they do make those people pay now that we're a real varsity team.

Sgunit, I respect your ability on the field and I respect you standing up for your teammates like a true leader, but you said that BDD is allowed to state his opinions...but that only applies if he agrees with yours, right? That's complete crap. Just because someone thinks you're going to lose a game based on factual information doesn't make them a communist, or whatever you're implying BDD is. If he were Coach Clayton, it would be just a tad different. You also just completely mutilated the English language...Good luck out there this season and maybe we'll see you again in the playoffs.

Eaglesfan, I believe they do make those people pay now that we're a real varsity team.

Sgunit, I respect your ability on the field and I respect you standing up for your teammates like a true leader, but you said that BDD is allowed to state his opinions...but that only applies if he agrees with yours, right? That's complete crap. Just because someone thinks you're going to lose a game based on factual information doesn't make them a communist, or whatever you're implying BDD is. If he were Coach Clayton, it would be just a tad different. You also just completely mutilated the English language...Good luck out there this season and maybe we'll see you again in the playoffs.

donathan-i do hope that we will play u guys in the play offs-though any loss makes me feal sick to my stomach-a battle like the one friday night will always be foundly remembered-a play-off situation would jus tadd to the atmosphere-hopefuly bother of us will win out this season and will play in the 3rd round of the play offs ( thats what usually happens with us and brentwood finish 1-2 in the region )-as far as your argument as to my post to BDD-there is a specific reason that i specifically chose to repremend BDD for his coments, that need not be said on the internet ( he knows what it is )-as far as my mutilation of the english language...well theres not a whole lot i can say-lets just be happy they dont make u spell on the act-good luck and i hope we do see u in the play offs

IHS fans are some of the best that I have seen in high school and the IHS announcer does a great job. The IHS quarterback is probably the best in the Region and Coach Smith has done a great job with the tallent he has. I have seen Franklin play twice this year and I think they'll regroup after the week off and win out - obviously IHS is favored to win the region. I noticed during the game that FHS didn't even have a bench during the game, they were sitting on water coolers or sitting on the ground - what's the deal IHS had a three benches - I was just wondering if teams are supposed to take your bench with you? I know every school in Williamson County can afford benches, because every school looks the same and your facilities are awesome. Just a note, if I was the Athletic director at IHS I would charge the fans on the hill outside the stadium you lost about $2000.That would buy you a couple of benches.

Great Game both teams.

The school doesn't buy benches for the football field. The booster club buys all of this type of equipment. They just purchased the 2 for the home sidelines. There is nothing that says there have to be benches on the sidelines. They are pretty expensive and probably be something on next years agenda.

The school doesn't buy benches for the football field. The booster club buys all of this type of equipment. They just purchased the 2 for the home sidelines. There is nothing that says there have to be benches on the sidelines. They are pretty expensive and probably be something on next years agenda.

I am just asking, not trying to get anything started but if you have two benches on one sideline why not have a home bench and a visiting team bench. That makes sense to me considering it looked like IHS for a school that's a few years old had everything else that ever other school has. The IHS stadium is pretty awesoome, but it's sad when you can't afford a bench for the visiting team especially considering how many sponsors were named during every timeout. I'll check at Centennial next week and see if they have benches and then I'll check at Franklin in two weeks. Has this happened all year or did this just start recently?

I am just asking, not trying to get anything started but if you have two benches on one sideline why not have a home bench and a visiting team bench. That makes sense to me considering it looked like IHS for a school that's a few years old had everything else that ever other school has. The IHS stadium is pretty awesoome, but it's sad when you can't afford a bench for the visiting team especially considering how many sponsors were named during every timeout. I'll check at Centennial next week and see if they have benches and then I'll check at Franklin in two weeks. Has this happened all year or did this just start recently?

Franklin has a bench on the visitor's side....we played them week one.

I was at the game and got to see one of the best coached games I have seen in a long time. Franklin came to Indy with a great plan and it worked the first half they worked hard and stop the passing game EXCEPT the last drive CORDELL used his passing ability and good recievers to score just before the half, With a good offenceive line it really gave CORDELL a chance to show his talent. A Junior, only 4 HS starts, you have got to admit he has done outstanding for Indy.

I do not know what the coach at Indy said to those players at halftime but he should put it in a book and sell it. All Franklin could do is watch a different tean come on the field the 2nd half. They just got whipped that is all you can say.

Who was the players of the Game ?

Every last one of the Indy players on the field and the sideline cheering them on,

The fans, they even clapped for Franklin as they left the field many told them good game.

The Coaches, smart coaching won this game

Benchs not a factor! Not many fans or players sat down the 2nd half

Just remember INDY when you are a winner their are allways someone out there that is jealous and will talk bad about you.

:

I was at the game and got to see one of the best coached games I have seen in a long time. Franklin came to Indy with a great plan and it worked the first half they worked hard and stop the passing game EXCEPT the last drive CORDELL used his passing ability and good recievers to score just before the half, With a good offenceive line it really gave CORDELL a chance to show his talent. A Junior, only 4 HS starts, you have got to admit he has done outstanding for Indy.

I do not know what the coach at Indy said to those players at halftime but he should put it in a book and sell it. All Franklin could do is watch a different tean come on the field the 2nd half. They just got whipped that is all you can say.

Every last one of the Indy players on the field and the sideline cheering them on,

The fans, they even clapped for Franklin as they left the field many told them good game.

Just remember INDY when you are a winner their are allways someone out there that is jealous and will talk bad about you.

:

Has Coach Smith called or sent a special THANK YOU to Coach Rutledge for doing a great job in coaching Cordell and getting him ready to play QB.

First chance to reply with my thoughts from the game - was in Knoxville for the Florida game.

Independence running attack - the best I have seen this year against Franklin. Consiglio and #22 (can't remember his name) brought the full load. Great instincts, good feet, and tough as nails.

As too tough as nails - I was less than impressed with the Quarterback for Indy. Don't get me wrong - He was better than what Franklin could produce from this position, but as far as what I expect from a High School Quarterback - toughness after you throw a pick, I didn't see it. In fact, what I saw was a quarterback that side stepped and back pedalled into the end zone as the Franklin DB came down the field with only the QB to beat. AS big as the QB is, he didn't step up to make a hit or even attempt to slow the progress of the Franklin DB. If he wants to be recognized as one of the best 6-5A QB's in past few years - he needs to want to punish a DB for bringing the ball back after a pick.

Franklin O-Line needs to step it up if they are to contend for the playoffs. Too many holding calls, false starts, and plain poor blocking. If the QB play at Franklin is going to improve - it starts with the O-Line proving some protection and giving them some time.

Great crowd - great adjustments by Indy.

Edited by faninthestand

:

Players of the game. The Indy defense. Held Franklin to about 70 yards in the 2nd half. The D line controlled the LOS and allowed the aggressive Indy LBs to run free. On offense Pettigrew and Consiglio were running over the Franklin D. The O line blocked well enough to get them the yards when they needed it. One player that played very well was backup center Stephen Bilbo. He replaced Scotty Hazzard when he got hurt and filled in very well.

Indy is use to being hated on and it seems to fire them up. They believe they can win every game. And it is not being cocky either.

Has Coach Smith called or sent a special THANK YOU to Coach Rutledge for doing a great job in coaching Cordell and getting him ready to play QB.

You forget that Coach Smith coached Cordell when he was in middle school at EH. I bet Rutledge would like to have him back seeing the injuries they have had a qb.