Best Region in 5A

bobafett903

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say hello to region 6-5A folks. What region can boasts 3 different 5A finalists in the last 5 years? NONE, except, of course, for region 5A. It's also the only region in the state that has had two different 5A champions in the past 5 years. With Franklin, Ravenwood, Brentwood, Dickson Co., and Independence (who is as good as all of the aforementioned schools, which you all will see this year), this is the region to beat.

Nice try, but 6-5A wins!

not taking away from those teams, but the fact they play on the west side of the bracket probably is why you have seen teams from region 6 in the BCB so consistantly...i dont think those teams could get through the east every year, specifically riverdale and oak ridge, but thats not to say they havent before (brentwood over riverdale 2001 BCB, ravenwood over oak ridge 2005 BCB).

looking at those teams it seems like region 6 would be the obvious for best region, but alot of those teams dont seem to stay consistant year to year...riverdale and smyrna stay at their same caliber year to year for the most part. but like i said, im not taking anything away from region 6, has some great teams ;)

There is no correct equation to find the best region! This isn't a mathematical equation! Don't be angry at me because East TN can't get a ring in 5A. heck, Ooltewah hasn't sniffed one.

I gave you obvious evidence of the best overall region, and 6-5A has gotten one team better this year. Enjoy the meal B)

are you sure? Does the BCS use one? They must know something you do not know. :D The West bracket is the easiest to win. I wish they would switch the order up each year so the East Bracket can shove crow down your cocky little throat. Enjoy your meal B)

And exactly how many times in the last 10 years have the 'Owls' been in the BCB from the East bracket? For some reason I do not even remember R'dale playing them in the last 5 or 6 years. B)

hes just representing east. Everyone knows West is easier playoff march. east has powers like riverdale, DB, Oak ridge, and syrmna. whatever. i mean, it is ridicouls to come out of the east. but, staying on target, 2-5A=Best.

Region 2 may very well be the best, but your treading on thin water making fun of LOD. You dont want the gauntlet of region 4 posters like you had a season or 2 ago, your fighting a losing battle

Thanks OG, but I saw enough when I went to the site and saw right off where they have state titles and it said "NONE"! :thumb:

Then I looked at their won-lost record. Then I remembered about the only team that comes from there regularly is Oak Ridge.

are you sure? Does the BCS use one? They must know something you do not know. ;) The West bracket is the easiest to win. I wish they would switch the order up each year so the East Bracket can shove crow down your cocky little throat. Enjoy your meal :lol:

Easiest bracket to win? Based on what, persay? How many times have your Owls played a team from Memphis? heck, you couldn't even pick out the better teams in the West without looking it up, son.

The ONLY reason the East is considered harder is because of a team from MIDDLE TENNESSEE. Riverdale folks. You people whine and complain because your side of the bracket is so hard.....you have nothing to compare it with! You haven't ever been on this side of the bracket!

Playoff results are what matter, and both 6-5A and 4-5A have dominated the road to the finals. Get over it and move on.

West being so easy? Is that why three different teams in the last four years won a gold ball coming out of the West? And that the only TRUE East Tennessee team in 5A to get to the final recently lost to a team in, you guessed it, Region 6? If you want to put it more accurately-MIDDLE Tennessee is THE toughest area of 5A.

Break it down even further as I have before- you take the teams 5 miles either side of Hillsboro Road in Nashville against ALL comers.

MBA

Ryan

CPA

BA

Hillsboro

Brentwood

Ravenwood

Franklin

Centennial

BGA

(Honorable mention to Overton, FRA, and Ensworth)