Houston

Farragut

Independence

Greeneville

White Station

Ooltewah

Tullahoma

Dobyns-Bennett

Yes I know Ooltewah beat Indepedence but that was their first and only win of the season. They have had tough losses to good competition but that does not put them ahead of Independence.

I was not and did not challenge the guy that does the site. I cannot believe that this guy has watched 100 teams in the state to know what every team possess. It is more of a score board / chat (post) ranking system. If people honestly went on here and posted true facts than he would have a better understanding for his rankings.

Greeneville is ranked 2 below Farragut even though they beat Farragut 3-1 at Farragut?? Don't really understand that reasoning...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mjuhb just puts all the schools into a hat and randomly draws them. I think anyone who is complaining about the poll is definitely biased and has had the opportunity to see "their" team a great deal and saw a tough loss or an unlucky game. Well the better team usually finds away to make their own luck or pull out the tough win so I see no problem with how he does his rankings, he gets a lot more imput than any of us can.

Big G, hope to see you tommorrow, I got kicked in the head in a match so I have a slight concussion so if you see me acting silly on the sideline just ignore me.

I think Mjuhb just puts all the schools into a hat and randomly draws them. I think anyone who is complaining about the poll is definitely biased and has had the opportunity to see "their" team a great deal and saw a tough loss or an unlucky game. Well the better team usually finds away to make their own luck or pull out the tough win so I see no problem with how he does his rankings, he gets a lot more imput than any of us can.

Big G, hope to see you tommorrow, I got kicked in the head in a match so I have a slight concussion so if you see me acting silly on the sideline just ignore me.

Akula, so what has been your excuse for the past 2 years that I have known you, since you just recently got kicked in the head? (by the way, that should be a GREAT story on how you got kicked in the head... probably Larry trying a bicycle kick again)

Believe it or not, I actually won't be there tomorrow. I am going to see Sam Ferguson and Bennett Giles play against Carson Newman tomorrow night. It is the only game that is somewhat local. I figured I would try and catch round 2 in regions! :thumb: Don't worry, I'll be getting play by play by my secret agents at the game. Good luck, and tell Alli to take it easy on us!

As far as rankings go... be careful for what you wish for. Besides boosting our egos (to a point is not a bad thing) the only think I have found that rankings do is to pump up your opponent even more than they already are. While it might not make any sense, a team will prepare a whole lot differently when they are playing against a "ranked team" than an unranked team regardless of "talent". That monkey can get awful heavy awful fast.

Edited by BigGExpress

After almost forty years around this game I can't tell you how ridiculous I have seen parents get over defending "their" team. Can we spell "vicarious?" Much too much attention is given to standings and rankings for their team/players. Does it really make a difference for heaven's sake? No one ever said these were being carved in stone. If having their team name/player name get ranked in the top on a High School chatroom would actually change something of importance in this world then I would maybe agree. Let's remember what is truly important in our lives and the value system that we are showing our kids as we argue the validity of our "opinions". We are valuing their performance in a game way too high up there on the imaginary ladder of success.

Mjuhb, some of us actually appreciate the time it takes you to do your lists, as well as your character to stand by what you judge. We also appreciate the spectators and some parents that are giving valid opinions to contribute to basis and formation of the rankings. But again, they are conjecture and opinion. Let's keep it in perspective, people.

I can just imagine what garbage people would say if mjuhb actually got paid to do the rankings !!

:thumb:

After almost forty years around this game I can't tell you how ridiculous I have seen parents get over defending "their" team. Can we spell "vicarious?" Much too much attention is given to standings and rankings for their team/players. Does it really make a difference for heaven's sake? No one ever said these were being carved in stone. If having their team name/player name get ranked in the top on a High School chatroom would actually change something of importance in this world then I would maybe agree. Let's remember what is truly important in our lives and the value system that we are showing our kids as we argue the validity of our "opinions". We are valuing their performance in a game way too high up there on the imaginary ladder of success.

Mjuhb, some of us actually appreciate the time it takes you to do your lists, as well as your character to stand by what you judge. We also appreciate the spectators and some parents that are giving valid opinions to contribute to basis and formation of the rankings. But again, they are conjecture and opinion. Let's keep it in perspective, people.

I can just imagine what garbage people would say if mjuhb actually got paid to do the rankings !!

:(

well said.

Early season rankings are iffy at best and I think that we should all appreciate the effort it takes to put something like this together and accept it for what it is.

The rankings will get more accurate as the season goes on and people need to be patient and let the girls earn their positions in the polls by playing on the field. Reputations and past accomplishments will mean less and less as the actual scores come in.

We all love our teams and no one will ever think that their team is ranked high enough. That is the beautiful thing about high school sports.

mjuhb, how much is the fee per rankings spot?

Early season rankings are iffy at best and I think that we should all appreciate the effort it takes to put something like this together and accept it for what it is.

The rankings will get more accurate as the season goes on and people need to be patient and let the girls earn their positions in the polls by playing on the field. Reputations and past accomplishments will mean less and less as the actual scores come in.

We all love our teams and no one will ever think that their team is ranked high enough. That is the beautiful thing about high school sports.

mjuhb, how much is the fee per rankings spot?

what are you trying to insinuate ?