Oak Ridge v. Heritage

BIG CAT RIDGER

yes and no on the fact he knows what he's doing. AE is and always has been undisciplined.

If that is not the most stereotypical racist comment then I don't know what is. I'm sure if you ask Leroy Thompson and Sam Anderson they would have something to say about that. Funny how the majority of teams that win by having a lot of great athletes are lableled undisciplined, while teams with perceived less talented are hard working.

The committee that was appointed to recommend the new coach selected a different coach than the one hired on two occasions for specific reasons. The administartion in it's infinite wisdom overruled them twice.

As for the coaching situation, let's see that infinite wisdom voted for one coach who applied, was picked, declined for a raise at the school he was at, got fired from school in the same year, and then picks a coach who left from OR Ridge for questionable ethics. Hmmm. I'm glad someone overruled that wisdom.

Edited by extremefury

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What part of that is racist???

Youu can say the same for cumberland or campbell county. They may have talent, but it's up to the coach to instill discipline and technique. I have been around AE football and played against them since I was 8. I think I have a little more experience on the matter than you could - first hand experience.

Anyway, let's all move past the coach issues, player issues and fan issues. It's close to football time in the 'Ridge again, and it's time to get fired up and see if the ball coach has the young kittens back on track. Heritage is a great opportunity to have a chance to work out the kinks or have all the wheels come off. we'll see...

extremefury:

I played under Gaddis, and he was a great coach. His off the sideline actions would NOT allow him to ever come back to Oak Ridge.

one of the reasons the coaching pay wasn't that much is, if you remember, we were also searching for a principal and that factors into the salary issue.

Everyone has to get past the "dome" issue because it has nothing to do with football at all. Not the money, not the field, or the new school. The dome is part of the new construction and is being paid for by corporate donations as well as private. Blankenship is a community responsibility.

If that is not the most stereotypical racist comment then I don't know what is. I'm sure if you ask Leroy Thompson and Sam Anderson they would have something to say about that. Funny how the majority of teams that win by having a lot of great athletes are lableled undisciplined, while teams with perceived less talented are hard working.

As for the coaching situation, let's see that infinite wisdom voted for one coach who applied, was picked, declined for a raise at the school he was at, got fired from school in the same year, and then picks a coach who left from OR Ridge for questionable ethics. Hmmm. I'm glad someone overruled that wisdom.

We all know that we did not get the committees first choice as a coach whoever that was. We also know that we did not get the committees second choice either. With that being said, coach Stevens is our coach and he is the coach that I support. I think between him and some of the assistants there is enough leadership to do what needs to be done. Coach Stevens is a former Wildcat along with coach Adams, and both of the Miner coaches. They all know the tradition first hand because they were then and are now a part of that tradition. Why it hasn't shown up on the field this season is the question. It is only week 4 for us. I think we have the right coaches to get whatever is wrong straightened out.

I played under Gaddis, and he was a great coach.

Big Cat Ridger,

And? Same here. I also know a lot of the what he did allow behind closed doors.

I have been around AE football and played against them since I was 8. I think I have a little more experience on the matter than you could - first hand experience.

Wow, you played against the "Baby RoadRunners" and that makes you and expert. I can say the same, so I really doubt that.

Nick Orlando. Good post.

Last there can only be one "BIG CAT" and unless your brother's name is Tommy and your road dog in HS was "BOOKIE" then you are a imposter. :blink:

Edited by extremefury

Hey Tank, I'm just saying I'm not sure we're working hard enough in the off season to be dominant. I like these coaches and I'm pulling for 'em.

What do you know about Heritage? I heard their pass defense needs alot of work, and we may be able throw it on 'em. They play their safety about 25 yards off the ball, he looks like is getting ready to field a punt. Does anybody know whats the deal with Kirkpatrick, we need some depth at LB.

Freshman and JV beat Powell on Monday. Frosh won 28-0, think the JV won 21-7.

As for Kirkpatrick, he had a slight tear of the MCL, but he will be playing Friday night. There was no damage to the cartilage

BC Ridger, some of us Ridgers get a little testy after a good butt whoopun', not used to it. Did the frosh play Monday? If so, how'd we do? I ought to be able to save you guys a seat this Friday, we'll have plenty of room in Kodgers Corner. I will not go 0-3 on seating.

Edited by TankTalk

Hey Tank, What about Jared S. was he hurt or suspended for the first half Friday night, and is he ready to go? I thought it was a little strange if he was injured to miss the first half, but suit up for the second, never seen that one before. Shed any light on that? I don't get to see your work in the paper until I come out on Friday.

He was held out of the first half, but it was not due to an injury. :thumb:

His back is fine, he is ready to go.

Hey Tank, What about Jared S. was he hurt or suspended for the first half Friday night, and is he ready to go? I thought it was a little strange if he was injured to miss the first half, but suit up for the second, never seen that one before. Shed any light on that? I don't get to see your work in the paper until I come out on Friday.