Oak Ridge v. Heritage

BIG CAT RIDGER

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people on here need to remember the word fan comes from the word "fanatic". We have some people who are very passionate about Oak Ridge football and it's rich tradition, and that's a good thing! We also have probably unreasonably high expectations and don't like to lose. People should be able to come on the T and discuss what they think are problems or issues facing the team without being attacked. Just because someone points out something they don't like or agree with that is going on or not going on, that doesn't mean they are calling for the coach to be fired. Others may want a different coach. Not me, I'm with Stanton and his staff all the way, don't even know how "fire the coach" got started. Coaches coach, fans criticize, that's the way it works. Fan = Fanatic!

Now then, let's go win this region, starting tonite with HHS. see ya'll at the Ship

Some people on here need to remember the word fan comes from the word "fanatic". We have some people who are very passionate about Oak Ridge football and it's rich tradition, and that's a good thing! We also have probably unreasonably high expectations and don't like to lose. People should be able to come on the T and discuss what they think are problems or issues facing the team without being attacked. Just because someone points out something they don't like or agree with that is going on or not going on, that doesn't mean they are calling for the coach to be fired. Others may want a different coach. Not me, I'm with Stanton and his staff all the way, don't even know how "fire the coach" got started. Coaches coach, fans criticize, that's the way it works. Fan = Fanatic!

Now then, let's go win this region, starting tonite with HHS. see ya'll at the Ship

I'll be glad when OR wins this game so you guys can feel better about yourself

OR 55

HHS 13

By the way you fanatic, wear your make-up Saturday night, I am taking your picture.

Oak Ridge had a great season last year, it just didn't end the way we all wanted. I have my own opinion on the final game and that is my privilage.

Do I suport the current coaching staff? Yes.. they are our coaches and I support them. Are there some issues with in the team? Yes and this is where the staff need to get control. When I don't support the Wildcats I will stay at home and keep my mouth shut. I have season tickets and will be in my seat after the tailgate every week!

I would like to see OR start making teams pay when they blitz. The blitz has been a thorn in OR's side since Riverdale two years ago. It was a factor in both losses last year, and it seemed to me to be a factor last week. I would like to see OR exploit other teams weakness and then use what they do well aganist them too.

I am gonna go ahead and make a fool of myself and predict a score

OR 35

H 10

If for whatever reason OR lets Heritage hang around too long it could be a lot closer. I hope the Cats jump hard and fast.

In my wildest dreams I can't imagine OR coming up short this week.

I can't honestly say I do. But (there's that but thing) mistakes, bad tackling, not holding your assignments, can make players that shouldn't hurt you look like all-Americans.

ORidgeKat, TankTalk:

Do you see much of a threat from these guys other than from the running back and maybe the QB?

You are hilarious. If Stanton has been geting all the reserves in for all these games why are they so green and a work in progress and this thread even going? Therefore you're whole thread is bunk. Anyway, I know they can turn it around and Stanton is a competent coach but do they have the oranization and committment? We will see. My post was factual and yours was emotional. Let's pull for a big win tonight.

Ole Dad

'Potential' - only means you haven't done anything. They have always had the potential. Oak Ridge has the potential every year. What do we do with that potential is what counts. I gave you a senerio were they had all the potential in the world (Spencer, Corey, and an Experience quarterback) and they didn't do nothing with it. So don't me give the potential bull. There was an earlier post you talked about run/pass ratio and points scored. When you talk about points scored, when were the starters pulled. If my memory serves me correctly, Coach Stevens starts substituting his reserves in the 3rd quarter versus waiting until 5 minutes left in the game. With that being said, you are going to have more points scored with your starters. Coach Stevens believes in giving everyone a chance to play as soon as possible. That's how you build depth for the future and you get kids to come out and play for you. How many kids are out this year versus when Coach Stevens took over? There has to be a reason why the numbers are increasing versus decreasing like they were over the last 5 years.

Ole Dad I ask you, who was your first choice and why?

I have read all the bashing of Stanton and the rest of the coaching staff that i can stand. You call yourself a "fan", give me a break. First and foremost you need to remember that the players you are refering to are 15 to 18 years old, they are NOT perfect will make mistakes and will learn from them. So what we lost a game, that was 7 days ago now, water under the bridge, let it go! There are plenty more games and a lot more mistakes that will be made you can count on it. "If" we would have won last week this site would be totally different, so why don't you ALL go jump on another ban-wagon and let us "true" fans enjoy our WILDCATS!!!!

If you don't like the discussion then don't log on to Coach T ....then your little feelings won't get hurt.

Ole dad

Good win tonight. Hopefully on the way to the Region title.

I have read all the bashing of Stanton and the rest of the coaching staff that i can stand. You call yourself a "fan", give me a break. First and foremost you need to remember that the players you are refering to are 15 to 18 years old, they are NOT perfect will make mistakes and will learn from them. So what we lost a game, that was 7 days ago now, water under the bridge, let it go! There are plenty more games and a lot more mistakes that will be made you can count on it. "If" we would have won last week this site would be totally different, so why don't you ALL go jump on another ban-wagon and let us "true" fans enjoy our WILDCATS!!!!