Carter at Pigeon Forge

splainshornets

After seeing the VOD from comcast (unapproved website.COM) and seeing Carter and Pigeon Forge play, I did see one pretty good athlete from PF. The QB has got one heck of an arm. It sure is hard to pass it to yourself though. PF has got to find some fast athletic players. They do have some good football players, just not any playmakers. The line does look a little smaller than in the past. I will see them again several times in the next couple of weeks to see how they compete against the rest of the region. Good luck to the Tigers. Carter seemed to be big up front as well as fast at many positions. Had several great athletes. When you claim athletes could start for any team in the region I would think you meant any team. That was the first statement, you then recanted it to everyone except Seymour and Carter. I did pick Rutledge to be in the cellar this year. I was completely wrong. They will have to play Carter the last ballgame for the region championship if both teams continue there winning ways. Now I can admit when I'm wrong. I hope you can to. Good luck to all.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing the VOD from comcast (unapproved website.COM) and seeing Carter and Pigeon Forge play, I did see one pretty good athlete from PF. The QB has got one heck of an arm. It sure is hard to pass it to yourself though. PF has got to find some fast athletic players. They do have some good football players, just not any playmakers. The line does look a little smaller than in the past. I will see them again several times in the next couple of weeks to see how they compete against the rest of the region. Good luck to the Tigers. Carter seemed to be big up front as well as fast at many positions. Had several great athletes. When you claim athletes could start for any team in the region I would think you meant any team. That was the first statement, you then recanted it to everyone except Seymour and Carter. I did pick Rutledge to be in the cellar this year. I was completely wrong. They will have to play Carter the last ballgame for the region championship if both teams continue there winning ways. Now I can admit when I'm wrong. I hope you can to. Good luck to all.

pf has had 7 kids go on athletic scholarships.

shane canterbury

zach schrandt

bruce belitz

josh garst

adan branch

jame rahuph

ricky branch

and all bthese players went to either play division ii or division 1aa football for pretty sucessfull schools like carson newman tusculum and austin peay just to name a few

pf has had 7 kids go on athletic scholarships.

shane canterbury

zach schrandt

bruce belitz

josh garst

adan branch

jame rahuph

ricky branch

and all bthese players went to either play division ii or division 1aa football for pretty sucessfull schools like carson newman tusculum and austin peay just to name a few

Zack Schrandt went to Davidson College on a ROTC scholarship. He played football for them briefly, but not on a "athletic scholarship". He is currently enrolled at the Univ. of Tenn.

paul has over 900 yds passing in 5 games ....it however has not been easy...this is his first season as a high school qb...he is on pace to get about 2000 yds for the season....as for running up the score ,well going for two with 55-12 lead certainly gives that impression...if they forgot the tee and the kids just emprovised in that situation then that is different. But you tell me ....how is anybody supposed to know that....and your stiil throwin deep instead of handin off and you could have set up the return insterad of goin for the block ... but that's OK ...enjoy your win...yeah were whinning ....nobody worth his salt likes to be embarrassed.....and we were friday night

First of all Leonard you need to read my post carefully before you say that I am contradicting myself. I said that PF had some athletes (namely Aparicio and Guidry) that could start for any team in the region. I then said that the only two TEAMS consistently more athletic than PF are Seymour and Carter. I believe Aparicio had a 40 yard TD reception early in the game against Carter. Pretty big play. Guidry has 2 Kick Off Returns for TD this year. Pretty big plays.

I am not claiming PF as the most athletic team around, I am simply stating that they do have athletes and are not always big and slow as you continue to claim.

How many skill players (in the 5 years Pf has been a varsity program) have the other schools in the district sent to play college ball on athletic scholarships? You have to remember we are compared against Region 1 and Region 1 only when it comes to athletes, none of us can match up with Region 2 consistently.

Yeah...the folks in Pigeon Forge are in a heavy state of denial and have some kind of superiority complex. Must be genetic or something like that.

Wow...that's 36 points allowed one week, 45 the next and 64 the next. Might oughta think about being better on the defensive side of the ball instead of trying to work that spread offense. I think West Greene tried to make that work a few years ago and may still be doing it...how's that working out?

KevB,

I wish you would explain the superiority complex comment. It's tough to think you are superior when your best record in school history is 5-6 and a fourth place finish. I think we all believe we could be better, isn't that what competing is all about

paul has over 900 yds passing in 5 games ....it however has not been easy...this is his first season as a high school qb...he is on pace to get about 2000 yds for the season....as for running up the score ,well going for two with 55-12 lead certainly gives that impression...if they forgot the tee and the kids just emprovised in that situation then that is different. But you tell me ....how is anybody supposed to know that....and your stiil throwin deep instead of handin off and you could have set up the return insterad of goin for the block ... but that's OK ...enjoy your win...yeah were whinning ....nobody worth his salt likes to be embarrassed.....and we were friday night

You were embarrassed because of poor preparation and coaching, not lack of athletes. The sooner you see this below the tunnel the better off you will be. This was the previous athletic directors way of getting back at the school system before he left, that is why he named him the baseball coach as well. He didn't want anyone to be as successfull as he was. Plain and Simple! There were many capable coaches in the county that could have done a nicer job, but politics prevailed in Pigeon Forge again. As far as anyone running up the score, I think your own cheerleaders could score on you, maybe you need to recruit a few for you offensive line :thumb: All i'm saying is quit whinning and start making changes to help the problem, the embarrassment is your coaching staff............

Carter ran it up tonite ...looking for those AP votes in the polls ....ran it up in last 8 minutes after PF pulled their QB...went for two and made it, to run it up to 57-12...then brought the house at the very end to block a PF punt and recover in the end zone for 64-12 final ....AT THE BUZZER

I have no problem with Carter scoring late in the game. Our boys (and I love them all) are laying down as soon as the other team scores the first touchdown. If we are not going to compete from horn to horn then we deserve to give up 64. It is our job to keep them out of the endzone. We have to learn how to compete.

You were embarrassed because of poor preparation and coaching, not lack of athletes. The sooner you see this below the tunnel the better off you will be. This was the previous athletic directors way of getting back at the school system before he left, that is why he named him the baseball coach as well. He didn't want anyone to be as successfull as he was. Plain and Simple! There were many capable coaches in the county that could have done a nicer job, but politics prevailed in Pigeon Forge again. As far as anyone running up the score, I think your own cheerleaders could score on you, maybe you need to recruit a few for you offensive line :thumb: All i'm saying is quit whinning and start making changes to help the problem, the embarrassment is your coaching staff............

I am not sure that it is fair to judge a new coach quite this early. It takes time to change attitude and I promise you the attitudes need changing.