Carter at Pigeon Forge

splainshornets

Suprisingly no one has started this thread, this could be a key game in the region fold for this season. While the Hornets are 1-0, the Tigers are 0-1 and by no means are they out of the playoff or region title hunt?

This should be a good game, I am seeing more and more of the Carter Spirit coming back each game.

All I can say is GO HORNETS!!! Let the Tigers feel the STING>>>>>

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it you want 22 to do, sphornet?

I want EJ to keep trucking, there's no doubt they are going to keep keying on him.

As far as people leaving, I don't know about "a number of guys". Just like every year there is 1 or 2 that don't continue on, but hey I could be wrong.

Edited by splainshornets

FOLKS LETS DONT BE SO FAST HERE TO WRITE THIS OFF AS AN AUTOMATIC W FOR THE BIG GREEN WHILE I DO THINK CARTER WILL WIN OUR OFFENSE IS STILL A BIG MESS 7 POINTS IN A HALF VERSUS COCKE CO-.AND THAT 7 WAS BY THE DEFENSE- DOES NOT A POWER HOUSE MAKE.20 AND 11 HAVE TO BECOME MORE INVOVED FOR THIS UNIT TO GET WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE IF THIS HAPPENS 22 WILL BECOME MORE OF A FORCE RIGHT NOW IT IS EASY TO KEY ON 22 SO MUCH FOR THE PROBLEMS OF THE OFFENSE TO BE UNSCORED ON THRU 3 GAMES REGARDLESS OF THE COMPETITION DESERVES SOME COMPS SO WAY TO GO D.AS FOR MY SCORE THIS WEEK

CARTER-19

PF-14

Let me guess.................#11 should be the QB?

The offense started clicking with they went to the shotgun spread and let John Allen scramble more. If they stay in the spread, let the lanes for develop for EJ to choose from again, and keep incoroprating more of the QB running the ball, I think the offense will be just fine.

By the way, please quit typing in all caps. It's not easy to read.

Thats great just give up on a coach that just started. Pigeon Forge lets coaches go that have had success with little to no athletes. Until they find some speed they will never be what the Tigers fan base wants them to be. Good luck to the Tigers and coach Bramlett. I hope they at least give you a chance.

Leonard,

I would like to know when you last saw PF play (if you have ever seen them). The only thing you ever say about the tigers is that they are huge, but have no athletes. Three or four years ago PF was very big up front ave. around 270 on O-line, but they also had ATHLETES at the skill position (College QB, RB, and 2 WR's). I think that is pretty good athletes in east tennessee to have 4 skill position players play college football. That team went 2-8 and was loaded. We have not been very big since that year (2003), but we have continued to have some gamebreakers (Guidry, Aparicio, Harveston, Moore(2005), JoJo(2004), just to name a few). These are athletes that could start at any school in the Region. No i am not saying that PF is the most athletic team in the state or even the region (Carter and Seymour typically are the most athletic), but PF always has solid athletes and does not always have size. To be honest we are pretty small up front this year on both sides of the ball.

Coaches at PF have not been fired for Wins and Losses. There have been problems that run much deeper than that, generally dealing with discipline and overall control of the team. Bramblett seems to be getting these things under control and he will be given plenty of time to turn this around. People that matter know the problems that he was left with and understand it will take time to fix.

PS: I dont think 5-6 as your best record is considered having success.

Here is the deal! Carter wins. after that it doesn't matter no one in this region will get passed the first round of the playoff cause of Fulton, Irish, AE , and whoever else in that region!

I think you all are going to be surprised, as I have said in my prior post, Carter has more talent on their team than they have ever had. Granted they have struggled in the past few games on the O but there is no one that is going to penitrate the D.

Carter is going to surprise several teams this year when they make it to the playoffs. You are talking about AE they are 1-3 this year, Irish is 1-2, LA is 0-3 the only won's that are showing anything is Knox Catholic and Fulton. Granted Carter has had its problems in the past with Fulton and we probably will this year but they may not. Coach Woods is taking it one game at a time and that is the way it should be remember what they said in the olden days "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" Fulton maybe a little surprised at how many new eggs that have hatched for Carter this year...

I believe that the samething was said about Livingston Academy last year that they would not go any further than beating Carter and I do believe they are Reigning State Champs..... Don't write Carter off because you may get a BIG surprise they have what it takes to be Champs they all have HEART!!!!!!!!!!

I think you all are going to be surprised, as I have said in my prior post, Carter has more talent on their team than they have ever had. Granted they have struggled in the past few games on the O but there is no one that is going to penitrate the D.

Carter is going to surprise several teams this year when they make it to the playoffs. You are talking about AE they are 1-3 this year, Irish is 1-2, LA is 0-3 the only won's that are showing anything is Knox Catholic and Fulton. Granted Carter has had its problems in the past with Fulton and we probably will this year but they may not. Coach Woods is taking it one game at a time and that is the way it should be remember what they said in the olden days "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" Fulton maybe a little surprised at how many new eggs that have hatched for Carter this year...

I believe that the samething was said about Livingston Academy last year that they would not go any further than beating Carter and I do believe they are Reigning State Champs..... Don't write Carter off because you may get a BIG surprise they have what it takes to be Champs they all have HEART!!!!!!!!!!

PF has had 7 starters quit before the 2nd game of the season..4of them were very large and strong ...with these 7 players on the field things would have been much different... as now younger and inexperienced and not as physical players had to fill those spots...what looked to be a strong contender in the region has fallen off considerably since these defections....but the kids that are left want to be there and will get better....if they beat claiborne .gibbs and union they will still make the playoffs....and that is possible

Many schools have kids playing on college football teams rosters. The difference is how many of those kids are on athletic scholarships. I have seen PF Play probably more than most any other team in region 1-3A. I even saw them play as a JV team years ago. As far as having athletes that will start on any other team in the region, I have not seen those kids be playmakers since the enception of PF football. I thought that PF had some big players, but did not know that 4 had left. I had heard that PF lost some players, but was not sure who left, and how it would hurt them. I do wish the Tigers luck.

I still must stand my ground that PF has some big strong physical players, but have yet to see the great athletes they are supposed to have and have had.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

That was really cute but let me point out some things. First off I just want to say that your comment about the "Irish" being 1-2, you must be talking about Notre Dame??? Cause Knox Catholic Fighting IRISH are definatly 3-0!! Secondly you are talking about your team being better then ever, but so is Fulton and Catholic and AE is the potential they are just not clicking. I believe last year all I heard was Carter is going to blow out Fulton and I just laughed because your region and region 2 are not even comparable!! Look what happened last year, just to be real you all might have your untarnished record like you did last year but when you get around to playing a region 2 team your aspect will change!! Hate to break it to you all but that's the truth, region 2 is simply a whole different level!

That was really cute but let me point out some things. First off I just want to say that your comment about the "Irish" being 1-2, you must be talking about Notre Dame??? Cause Knox Catholic Fighting IRISH are definatly 3-0!! Secondly you are talking about your team being better then ever, but so is Fulton and Catholic and AE is the potential they are just not clicking. I believe last year all I heard was Carter is going to blow out Fulton and I just laughed because your region and region 2 are not even comparable!! Look what happened last year, just to be real you all might have your untarnished record like you did last year but when you get around to playing a region 2 team your aspect will change!! Hate to break it to you all but that's the truth, region 2 is simply a whole different level!

Catholic and Fulton are on a different level, not the region as a whole. Actually, I'd say Region 2 is down considerably this year outside of those two teams.

Carter lost a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball, and are just now finding their offensive identity. They are inexperienced, especially on the line, but they have improved each week so far. The defense is a solid fundamental, good, not great, unit that doesn't make mistakes. Carter has the potential to be a good team, but at this time I'd still just call them average.

Given their improvement so far, I don't think they can beat Fulton, unless Fulton's attitude gets in the way, but I do think Carter is plenty capable of beating any other team in Region 2 outside of Catholic and Fulton and making round 2 of the playoffs. I just hope the offense finally gels for 48 minutes tonight and they are able to thump PF.