Carter at Pigeon Forge

splainshornets

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure that it is fair to judge a new coach quite this early. It takes time to change attitude and I promise you the attitudes need changing.

This Early! 0-5 ring a bell! How long you going to give him, Until the Teasters are done with him. I thought they would have been already seeing that they are practicing on the baseball field.

First of all Leonard you need to read my post carefully before you say that I am contradicting myself. I said that PF had some athletes (namely Aparicio and Guidry) that could start for any team in the region. I then said that the only two TEAMS consistently more athletic than PF are Seymour and Carter. I believe Aparicio had a 40 yard TD reception early in the game against Carter. Pretty big play. Guidry has 2 Kick Off Returns for TD this year. Pretty big plays.

I am not claiming PF as the most athletic team around, I am simply stating that they do have athletes and are not always big and slow as you continue to claim.

How many skill players (in the 5 years Pf has been a varsity program) have the other schools in the district sent to play college ball on athletic scholarships? You have to remember we are compared against Region 1 and Region 1 only when it comes to athletes, none of us can match up with Region 2 consistently.

I guess you have already forgotten about Rutledge and GP a smaller division team who out classed and out played you!

pffan

I never compared with the region-- you did. You also said that Aparicio and Guidry could start for any team in the region. I have to disagree with that. In the game I saw I did not see one skilled player on PF's team that would start for Carter. Not that Carter has all the great skilled players, but they had a few. Go back and check out the game on VOD on ComCast.

As far as not matching up with region 2-3A I agree. The closest to matching up with the top 2 in Region 2-3A would be Carter and Seymour. Although they both would struggle against Fulton and Catholic, they could compete against AE, AC, Kingston, LA, and Scott.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

I have no problem with Carter scoring late in the game. Our boys (and I love them all) are laying down as soon as the other team scores the first touchdown. If we are not going to compete from horn to horn then we deserve to give up 64. It is our job to keep them out of the endzone. We have to learn how to compete.

That was really cute but let me point out some things. First off I just want to say that your comment about the "Irish" being 1-2, you must be talking about Notre Dame??? Cause Knox Catholic Fighting IRISH are definatly 3-0!! Secondly you are talking about your team being better then ever, but so is Fulton and Catholic and AE is the potential they are just not clicking. I believe last year all I heard was Carter is going to blow out Fulton and I just laughed because your region and region 2 are not even comparable!! Look what happened last year, just to be real you all might have your untarnished record like you did last year but when you get around to playing a region 2 team your aspect will change!! Hate to break it to you all but that's the truth, region 2 is simply a whole different level!

granted I was talking about Notre Dame Not Catholic, but in another instance I have NEVER said anything negative about Catholic it is kinda hard to have a bad team when you as a coach can go out and recruit players and give them scholarships. Never said Carter was going to blow out Fulton, Fulton also has a good team, but I don't see AE doing anything but going out on the field to hurt the other players and that is not what football is about.

Carter ran it up tonite ...looking for those AP votes in the polls ....ran it up in last 8 minutes after PF pulled their QB...went for two and made it, to run it up to 57-12...then brought the house at the very end to block a PF punt and recover in the end zone for 64-12 final ....AT THE BUZZER

Sorry PFDAD gotta disagree with you Carter put their 2nd and 3rd string players in after the half. The boy that blocked the punt is a 3rd string player and the boy that ran the ball for the TD is also a 3rd string player.

Believe me PF the first half was keeping Carter in their place but once carter started playing there was no stopping them..

Edited by dana112369