Carter at Pigeon Forge

splainshornets

Just to throw in my two cents, I have a gut feeling that Coach Wood had no hand in the plycalling in the 2nd half being as that his headset was off most of the time. Actually, I think every play called was a run except one play. Second, the reason the team "went for two" is because the back-up kicker forgot to bring his kicking tee onto the field for the final extra point. The holder noticed it and called for the scramble much like a bad snap because he knew the kicker wouldn't be able to kick it. Probably a bad decision, but I don't think you spend a whole lot of time with your kids in practice of what to do if you are up by 50+ points and the kicker forgets the tee for an extra point. Third, you are down 44 points, why are you even punting to begin with?!?!?!?!?!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean smarmy coaches and fans. Back in 2002 when you guys got your breakthrough win over Rutledge in 4OT's your fans and coaches hopped the fence at Optimist Field and made extremely rude comments towards the Rutledge fans and coaching staff.

I'm talking about guys like former basketball coach Bobby Harper being a complete jerk once he got some players to go with his ego and the Tigers began to win.

I'm talking about typical "we're from Sevier County and you're not" attitude that is present in most every sports team I have seen over there after the initial first few years where you guys struggled.

And mostly the complete lack of acknowledgement by some of your fans that you got flat out run over by Rutledge a few weeks ago saying the game was closer than the score which anyone that was there knows is completely false. It was a blowout and it could've most certainly been worse.

That's what I mean by superiority complex. Complete lack of respect and it shows every time things don't go your way.

Don't believe me? Think about it the next time you browbeat officials in any sport. You guys are worse than most schools in the area.

Harper was a jerk even before he started winning .He was a jerk when he was at GP too.

Yeah...come to think of it you are right on the money about Bobby.

I don't want to put all PF folks in the same boat. I was lucky enough to meet the Garrisons (whose daughter played for the Lady Tigers) and I think that they are really nice folks. They too are animated, but really good people. I am certain there are others.

High school school ball is ALMOST all bout coaching. There's alot more to coaching other than x's and o's. Just a kids attitude or cofidence in his coach will have a big bearing on how hard he plays. They have to believe in there coach if not u get 4 or 5 playing hard for various own personal reasons, and the rest doesn't put forth nearly the amount of effort their capable of, unless there getting all the breaks or everything is going their way in the game. Because lack of confidence or believeing in the coach that he will make the right adjustments or find a way to get em back in the game or pull it out.When things dont go there way or a team makes a couple of big plays on them, there heads drop,kinda give up, and say here we go again"it's over now".Unfortunetly PF has never had very good coaching in football and they don't now.PF may not have bigtime playmakers but they have had in the past and still do, enough qaulity good solid ballplayers to be much more consistant and competitive in there region.

Yeah...come to think of it you are right on the money about Bobby.

I don't want to put all PF folks in the same boat. I was lucky enough to meet the Garrisons (whose daughter played for the Lady Tigers) and I think that they are really nice folks. They too are animated, but really good people. I am certain there are others.

This might be true or it might not be true. Its a matter of opinion. What does this have to do with the present PF problems anyway? The Carter game is over. Its time to move on to Union County of which PF has a chance to win. First they must put their first five games behind and find something positive to build on. I believe they owe UC one from last year anyway. They have the rest of this week and next week to prepare. This could be an important W with road trips to Seymour, Rockwood, and Gibbs next.

I mean smarmy coaches and fans. Back in 2002 when you guys got your breakthrough win over Rutledge in 4OT's your fans and coaches hopped the fence at Optimist Field and made extremely rude comments towards the Rutledge fans and coaching staff.

I'm talking about guys like former basketball coach Bobby Harper being a complete jerk once he got some players to go with his ego and the Tigers began to win.

I'm talking about typical "we're from Sevier County and you're not" attitude that is present in most every sports team I have seen over there after the initial first few years where you guys struggled.

And mostly the complete lack of acknowledgement by some of your fans that you got flat out run over by Rutledge a few weeks ago saying the game was closer than the score which anyone that was there knows is completely false. It was a blowout and it could've most certainly been worse.

That's what I mean by superiority complex. Complete lack of respect and it shows every time things don't go your way.

Don't believe me? Think about it the next time you browbeat officials in any sport. You guys are worse than most schools in the area.

I don't know about 2002, but I would assume there was a little emotion involved in a 4 OT game.

I think it is tough to judge everyone based on the attitude of a former coach, who is former for a reason.

I know everyone thinks that Pigeon Forge is full of rich kids that get whatever they want, but that just isn't true. There are some people with money and some of them have tons of it, but over half of the school is on free lunch. It is not a school of spoiled rich kids, which I sometimes feel people think about "Sevier County Citizens".

I think you made unfair assumptions on a community based on a few isolated situations. I agree we have some rediculous fans and in the past may have had problems with coaches and players, but I think that everone has fans they wish they didn't and every coach has done or said something they regret.

I think if you'll check, PF coaches and programs are some of the most respected in the district by other coaches.

Pigeon Forge was competitive in their region the last couple of years. They have had some good coaching, and I think given time this guy will do a good job. As far as PF they just don't have the kids with Football speed, or gamebreaking players. There is alot more to football than having great players, but it sure helps. Coaching is alot more than x' and o's. Its changing kids attitudes, parents being dealt with, money, equipment, maintenance, and tons of more things I'm leaving out.

A first year coach battles many things, but once he gets his feet wet he will grow. Give him time. The Players need this stability, the staff needs this stability, and the community needs this stablility.

Leonard,

I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree. I know we are not loaded with athletes this year, but we do have a few and more than enough to compete in our Region. I guess we are looking at it from a different point of view, maybe mine is through Rose colored glasses, but I have seen the kids come through here and know how much talent has come through this program in the past couple of years. Thanks for the discussion, it was nice to have a good argument with out all the Coacht trash talking.